ATS Options - new help
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 73JPS
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS Options - new help in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; We are still in the 'detective' phase. We're interested in HUD but unsure which models it is actually available on. ...
    mcouture is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ATS Options - new help

We are still in the 'detective' phase.

We're interested in HUD but unsure which models it is actually available on.

We'd like to stay near the $40k mark and have Nav, driver awareness, winter package, RWD, automatic, and HUD if possible.

Is this attainable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: ATS Options - new help

HUD only comes on premium. and thats already 45k+
    especially with the options you want.
    probably closer to 50k i would say. someone correct me if im wrong.

So, if I don't go with HUD and stick with everything else, can I be in the 40K range with the Luxury model line?

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

im not sure about the drivers awareness package but all the other ones yes. you can stay very close to 40k.

desertpar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If you go to Cadillac.com website and select shopping tools, you can build your own and select the model and equipment you want and it will give you the exact MSRP price of the car (still shows 2013 info). You can also compare equipment by model side by side under trims and specifications. That is a good tool to learn about all the prices and options. Of course, your final price would be between you and the dealer.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

HUD is also part of the Driver Assist Package $3,645. The first trim level its available is the Performance which brings the car to Premium level which has HUD standard but lacks all of the other Assist Package goodies. So HUD under 40K...... No joy.

After looking at a couple semi-local dealers online site, I'm seeing several luxury trimmed models going for $41K and under.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I for one love the HUD in my Corvette. The new ATS does not have it, however, there is a digital MPH display in the gauge cluster. So you see the MPH two ways. Based upon that, I now find that I do not miss the HUD in the ATS. For sure, the Corvette HUD also gives you radio station selected plus g's, etc, but I can live without it...we have the performance package in the ATS.

Jercat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 G8 GXP

You never said which engine you wanted. You would have to go with the 2.0t if you want hud. With the options you want and the 2.0T your looking at around $47k. that's the 2.0t performance.

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

FYI, someone said you only get HUD with driver awareness package... false. There are actually 2 driver awareness packages... One that is almost $4000 on the cadillac site, and another that includes the vibrating seat etc. Almost NO CARS SHIP with the actual driver awareness package. That one includes the 2 extra cameras mounted by the rear view mirror to monitor blind spots and puts a warning in your rear view mirrors.

The other more common driver awareness package has the vibrating seat/lane departure warnings and if you come too fast on a stopped car it will flash a red light in the HUD. I got this car 2 days ago, premium with performance package. Just make sure you talk to your sales person and tell them exactly what you want and read the window sticker. Or you'll end up like me with a $50k car with no heated seats because I trusted my sales person when they said 'its packed to the gills, fully loaded'.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    FYI, someone said you only get HUD with driver awareness package... false. There are actually 2 driver awareness packages... One that is almost $4000 on the cadillac site, and another that includes the vibrating seat etc.
    Actually, that someone said Driver Assist package, and what they said is correct in that context.
    huna likes this.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

driver assist package
    this package delivers a world-class array of high-tech collision-avoidance features that provide the driver an extra measure of confidence. It includes all the content of the driver awareness package, plus:
    • full-speed range adaptive cruise control1
    • automatic collision preparation with intelligent brake assist
    • front and rear automatic braking
    • electronic parking brake
    • rear cross-traffic alert
    • side blind zone alert2
    • full-color head-up display (if not already equipped)
    this feature requires the available cold weather package.

On 2.0l turbo rwd performance and premium models, it is not available with the 6-speed manual transmission.

1 adaptive cruise control is no substitute for the driver's personal responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver needs to remain attentive to traffic and road conditions and provide the steering, braking or other inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle.
    2 before making a lane change, always check the sbza display, check the side and inside mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards, and activate your turn signal.

$3,220

changing this option will result in the following updates:
    add electronic parking brake $0
    add cold weather package $600

driver awareness package
    focused on collision avoidance, this package includes a number of high-tech features designed to alert the driver to potentially hazardous traffic situations that could result in a crash. The driver awareness package includes:
    • safety alert seat
    • forward collision alert
    • lane departure warning
    • rainsense automatic wipers
    • rear thorax air bags1 for outboard passengers
    • direct view notification display2
    1 always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the owner's manual for more information.

2 not included when vehicle is equipped with a head-up display.
    BIG difference between the awareness and the assist package
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The cheapest way to get the HUD is to go with the Premium, as adding the driver assistance package to the Performance is even more money, due to the adaptive cruise control. The cheapest Premium is the Turbo Manual, which lists for about $44K with no options, and the automatic is about $1200 more, I believe. One can get $2-3000 off pretty easily. The cold weather package is $600, so the total list would be about $46K, and probably $43 K after some haggling. That's more than $40k but the car will be pretty loaded with a lot of things not available on lesser equipped models.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.