random door chimes?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, random door chimes? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Within the last couple of weeks my door chimes have going off randomly when I've been driving along on perfectly ...
    cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

random door chimes?

Within the last couple of weeks my door chimes have going off randomly when I've been driving along on perfectly straight and even roads. The doors are clearly closed and no door light, or any other light, illuminates on my dash. At least it sounds like the door chimes but I guess the beeping could be something else. Timing seems to be completely random although I just did a two and a half hour drive and it must have gone off at least a dozen times. It starts out chiming 5 times and then staying silent for a while. Subsequent chimes may be as few as 2 or as many as 5 or somewhere in between. I'm a little concerned I have a short as a result of the dealer installation of my radar detector. They apparently ran the cables from behind my rear view mirror down through the dash somewhere to setup the remote near where my right knee is.

Anyone else getting random chimes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Re: random door chimes?

Check the archives - you have something laying on the passenger seat.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Bulletin Number: SB-12-09-41-002 Bulletin Date: 12-01-2012
    Component:
    151600 seat belts:front:warning light/devices
    Summary
    Cadillac/chevrolet/buick/gmc: passenger seat belt indicator is illuminated due to possible conductive objects, such as tech 2, groceries, charging and audio cables, electronic tablets or computers and cell phones, placed on seats and would

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cdp View Post
    Within the last couple of weeks my door chimes have going off randomly when I've been driving along on perfectly straight and even roads. The doors are clearly closed and no door light, or any other light, illuminates on my dash. At least it sounds like the door chimes but I guess the beeping could be something else. Timing seems to be completely random although I just did a two and a half hour drive and it must have gone off at least a dozen times. It starts out chiming 5 times and then staying silent for a while. Subsequent chimes may be as few as 2 or as many as 5 or somewhere in between. I'm a little concerned I have a short as a result of the dealer installation of my radar detector. They apparently ran the cables from behind my rear view mirror down through the dash somewhere to setup the remote near where my right knee is.

Anyone else getting random chimes?
    Hello cdp,

I am sorry you are you are experiencing a chiming issue. If you would like to further discuss this concern, I am more than happy to do additional research on your behalf. Please private message me with your contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Could it be chimes from the lane departure system? Do you have it set to chime or seat vibrate? Maybe the system was disturbed when they wired you radar detector.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Gonna have to say it might be the passenger seat chime too. It doesn't take much for the car to think someone's sitting there. next time you get the chime, look near the overhead map lights. If it is the seatbelt chime, you should see the flashing light (I didn't notice it myself until about a month ago)

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue
    You guys were right. Before seeing your posts i wondered if it could be my phone sitting on the passenger seat. The chimes went off twice in the first 20 miles while the phone was in the seat. Removed the phone from the seat and the chime never went off again over the next 150 miles. Interesting that the chime went off but never gave me a seat belt icon in the dash. Didn't think to look in the overhead console.

vvv335i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdp
    You guys were right. Before seeing your posts i wondered if it could be my phone sitting on the passenger seat. The chimes went off twice in the first 20 miles while the phone was in the seat. Removed the phone from the seat and the chime never went off again over the next 150 miles. Interesting that the chime went off but never gave me a seat belt icon in the dash. Didn't think to look in the overhead console.
    I had this issue for a day. Never had it again and I had no idea what was causing it.

Russianhaxor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium

Hahahaha it took me forever to figure out that it was my cell phone sitting in the passenger seat.

You know GM, I like that you guys have such a sensitive sensor, but do we really need to make the sensor accept ALL input between 0.01lbs and 300lbs?

It would be nice if they programmed it to ignore weight under, say, 3lbs.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    It's funny! It seems that GM always likes to set its threshold values to some extreme numbers! I can remember that in Cadillac CTS, the threshold for activation of passenger seat airbags was something around 88lbs or so and there was a guy in the CTS forum who his wife's weight was a few pounds less than this limit. As a result the airbags for passenger seat was always disabled although his wife was sitting in the passenger seat! He contacted GM and Cadillac and they confirmed the weight threshold value and they said there is nothing they can do! There were some jokes going around, like have your wife hold some bricks in her lap while she is sitting in Cadillac CTS's passenger seat!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.