When can we order '14 ATS ?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marktanner
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, When can we order '14 ATS ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My mom is ready to buy a new car and we visited our local Cadillac dealer and she loves the ...
    mcouture is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When can we order '14 ATS ?

My mom is ready to buy a new car and we visited our local Cadillac dealer and she loves the ATS Luxury. She wants to buy a 2014.

The dealer was NOT very helpful at all. They said that the 2014's would not be out to fall. They then tried to push the 2013's they had on the lot - which wasn't a lot. Then they would not entertain placing an order for a 2014.

So my question is 1.) when will they be at the dealers and 2.) when can we place our order?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: When can we order '14 ATS ?

Other dealers have 2014 ATSs listed for sale, so obviously they can be ordered already. The listings include the VIN which means that even if they don't have them on the lot yet, they are being built because VINs are not assigned until very close to build.

Some dealers and salespeople will do exactly what you describe if they size you up as someone they can bluff. Convince them they made a mistake or see another dealer.

mcouture is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes the sales guy was nice but did not know the vehicle and the options available. Then when asking the sales manager any questions he couldn't find the time to even get up off his chair behind his desk to talk with us...and we were the only people there!

We will be going to another dealer to get 'real' information later this week...

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Good work on going to another dealership. It boggles my mind when dealerships treat people this way, but it surprises me even more when people keep going there. I'll drive as far as I need to find better service: this is no small purchase, and the experience shouldn't be tarnished by poor service.

ewellsie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

I'm having the same issue, and I've emailed at least 3-4 dealers with an offer to order one and only gotten a response from a single one and even that one wouldn't talk price with me until the new incentives come out, which is a joke, because I'm not negotiating selling price based off what incentives I get or don't get, the price is the price based on the trim and option packages.

Seems like these dealers are still living in the day when they want people to come in to make deals and at least the ones I've dealt with are either lazy or just have no desire to work with a customer on ordering one.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by mcouture View Post
    My mom is ready to buy a new car and we visited our local Cadillac dealer and she loves the ATS Luxury. She wants to buy a 2014.

The dealer was NOT very helpful at all. They said that the 2014's would not be out to fall. They then tried to push the 2013's they had on the lot - which wasn't a lot. Then they would not entertain placing an order for a 2014.

So my question is 1.) when will they be at the dealers and 2.) when can we place our order?
    Just a suggestion....be sure you don't care about the LED lights as well as HID; only the Performance & Premium models come with them. Make sure your sale person tells you what the models do and DO NOT come with....assume nothing! I wouldn't want you to join the many who didn't realise the lighting didn't come with the Luxury and regretted it.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by ewellsie View Post
    I'm having the same issue, and I've emailed at least 3-4 dealers with an offer to order one and only gotten a response from a single one and even that one wouldn't talk price with me until the new incentives come out, which is a joke, because I'm not negotiating selling price based off what incentives I get or don't get, the price is the price based on the trim and option packages.

Seems like these dealers are still living in the day when they want people to come in to make deals and at least the ones I've dealt with are either lazy or just have no desire to work with a customer on ordering one.
    2014 ATS is orderable now, and dealers cannot negotiate precise pricing on a car that doesn't exist yet, at the very least they require a VIN, and then the car can be negotiated for. when ordering a car typically it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the car to arrive and incentives change over on the first of the month or if that falls on a weekend the first business day of the month, thus incentives can change as many as 3 times before the car arrives, so they cannot give you a solid price. the best you can do when negotiating for a special order is work backwards, meaning most negotiations start at MSRP and are whittled down. with a special order start at invoice and work up. For example since you don't know the exact price or the incentives you get a ballpark price, usually this can be within a few hundred dollars variance and then offer some dollar amount over invoice, say $500, if accepted great, now you wait when the car arrives it will be hassle free you'll get $500 over invoice plus any incentives that are live at the time of purchase.

if you want real hassle free go tell the dealer you want to buy as a Costco member, Costco has pre negotiated a price for you usually $200 - $500 over invoice, and this is a haggle free locked in price, Costco demands the buying experience be as if you walked in the warehouse and drove out with the car. not all dealers participate with Costco because they don't want to be hassle free and want to haggle, no matter what, so call your warehouse and get a list of participating dealers.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Good work on going to another dealership. It boggles my mind when dealerships treat people this way, but it surprises me even more when people keep going there. I'll drive as far as I need to find better service: this is no small purchase, and the experience shouldn't be tarnished by poor service.
    Post of the Hour...

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I used Costco and it was a great experience, $300 over Invoice and it could not have been simpler. Costco sends you the name of the salesman and the dealership and you should hear from them within 24 hours. You just need to know that fees the dealer pay GM for national and local advertising are listed on the invoice so you should plan on adding about 1K for those charges plus title/tax/license/processing and dealer prep. You may be able to work a better deal but you will not go wrong using Costco, they beat TrueCar pricing through my bank by $400.00

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Post of the Hour...
    Close enough!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    haha

marktanner is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Biggest issue with ordering a '14 is the substantial change in colors. If the color she wants isn't changing, then no big deal. However, some popular colors like the red and dark grey are changing, and there are some new ones, as well as some outright deletions. Otherwise, they are available for order now. My car only took one month to come, but my dealer was large, as well as knowledgeable, and had allocations.

Definitely consider the Performance or Premium over the Luxury, for the HID lights (and cool LED lights), and also for the sport seats, which are far more comfortable, IMO. Premium rides smoother too, due to the MRC in RWD models. Identically equipped, the price is only $1-2 grand more.
    rustybear3 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.