Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Obviously, I left myself open to responses like the above...I did it on purpose! So, there is no answer from ...
    KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

Obviously, I left myself open to responses like the above...I did it on purpose! So, there is no answer from Hoosier Daddy as to why some want to get more hp out of an ATS! If So you can go into an s curve with more g's, oh happy day, in a sedan...!! If you don't want to tune for more speed, then why the hell do it? For bragging rights, like a bench racer..now that is stupid! By getting close to me, I meant hp wise, nothing else. What does turning and stopping have to do with increased hp?! Are you implying some ATS owners track their cars??? Then why not buy the V6 ATS...??!!! Most of you must be kids with money looking for I don't know what....
    And what, only one know-it-all done-it-all response!!

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    Obviously, I left myself open to responses like the above...I did it on purpose! So, there is no answer from Hoosier Daddy as to why some want to get more hp out of an ATS! If So you can go into an s curve with more g's, oh happy day, in a sedan...!! If you don't want to tune for more speed, then why the hell do it? For bragging rights, like a bench racer..now that is stupid! By getting close to me, I meant hp wise, nothing else. What does turning and stopping have to do with increased hp?! Are you implying some ATS owners track their cars??? Then why not buy the V6 ATS...??!!! Most of you must be kids with money looking for I don't know what....
    And what, only one know-it-all done-it-all response!!
    my dick is bigger than urs. therefore im better than u. check-mate.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I can stomp on C6's all day in my 4 banger stock turbo cobalt. Anything can be fast. Why hate on guys that want a car more luxurious than your vette but that can still go fast?
    donavo likes this.

anyway, lets let the loser with the small dick run himself out of breath as he and his douche-bag friends drive their poor man's super car, bragging about it on other forums. back to the real gentleman's car.

i installed my tune and while it did seem like it was faster, i still got the same exact 0-60 time as i did before tuning. also, my HP gain was only about ~20 at best. before tuning i saw 200 RWHP and after tuning ive seen 220 RWHP max. boost was up 21 with the tune and 18 without. not sure if there is something wrong with my tune, but it does seem faster in the mid-range.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

It could be a combination of altitude and heat, but we'll see what Trifecta says.

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    It could be a combination of altitude and heat, but we'll see what Trifecta says.
    both samples were run at roughly 65 degrees. at night. all stock at night i managed to get 7 seconds 0-60 at night with 200 max HP. and with tune, at night same temperature, different day, i did 0-60 slightly slower and made 220 hp. hopefully trifecta says something good lol.

sonny@bnr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Did you dyno the car what are you basing your 20hp gain from

Quote Originally Posted by sonny@bnr View Post
    Did you dyno the car what are you basing your 20hp gain from
    the bluetooth module and an app (im sure its not accurate as a dyno, but accurate or inaccurate, it should be inaccurate the same amount in all tests. so if its off on the first tune-free run and it made 200 inaccurately, then it made 220 with the tune, also inaccurately, the difference is still minimal. and i think thats the same method you guys use to determine the HP gains, correct? when looking at the data log, im sure you have HP indicators.

No we use dyno's and also the hp and tq readout coming from the ecu
    Sometimes the ecu readout isn't correct and then we have to dyno to get accurate hp tq readout

No we use dyno's and also the hp and tq readout coming from the ecu
    Sometimes the ecu readout isn't correct and then we have to dyno to get accurate hp tq readout
    right. but its not like i only did 2 samples. this was a bunch of runs. the 220 might be inaccurate, but the difference between the 2 tunes should be bigger, regardless of accuracy. am i right to assume that? im just following logic. i dont know much about this to make a final judgement or anything.

Have you gotten a update from us or did you just install the tune

The apps aren't accurate, dyno with tune off then on is only way to see real gain

nah i havent gotten any updates. this is the first tune. and yeah dyno would be more accurate, but i do think, even in an inaccurate situation, the gain should be bigger. logically speaking anyway. its not like the app just gives exaggerated high HP when there is no tune, and then dumbed down HP readouts when there is a tune. its probably equally inaccurate in both situations. again, im following logic only, i could be wrong. not saying i know what im talking about at all. just speculating based on my knowledge.

Did you data log your tune at all and send it in

Did you data log your tune at all and send it in
    yeah i sent like 3 logs under the same ticket. no reply on it yet though. i sent them in last night though, and i heard trifecta is closed on sunday so not expecting a reply too soon. my car was in service for a while so i got to instal the tune only recently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.