Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by turbo2.0 it was a 70 degree day for me What grade fuel are you using? If you're ...
  1. #16
    BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo2.0 View Post
    it was a 70 degree day for me
    What grade fuel are you using? If you're not using premium the car won't make as much power. Maybe send me a fresh data log?

  2. #17
    breakaway87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Good point. I'm in NC and it has been 80s for awhile. As far as fuel grade for me I run 93. When I had my 2010 mustang gt tuned a 90+ day would definitely be noticeable.

    Speaking of those using to torque pro, what settings do you use? I'm using 3500 lbs, 2.0l obviously, 85% ve (the default), 0 boost adjustment, faster connection, using a bluetooth dongle.

    Also I don't have a delivered torque pid, is that one I need to add and how do I?

  3. #18
    Siren05's Avatar
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    293

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quick update. I just flashed my update from BNR and wow. My ATS IS A MUCH DIFFERENT ANIMAL.
    Off the line she rips. I punched it in 3rd gear and wheels spin. I will update tonight with some cold temps.

    This was a re flash update from Treifecta. Love it.

  4. #19
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Posts
    3,070

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Quick update. I just flashed my update from BNR and wow. My ATS IS A MUCH DIFFERENT ANIMAL.
    Off the line she rips. I punched it in 3rd gear and wheels spin. I will update tonight with some cold temps.

    This was a re flash update from Treifecta. Love it.
    Good to hear.

    I'd be interested in knowing why the original tune was substandard if BNR or Trifecta can say.

  5. #20
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Good to hear.

    I'd be interested in knowing why the original tune was substandard if BNR or Trifecta can say.
    same here. +1

  6. #21
    romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    285

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    How did you get an updated File from BMR ?

  7. #22
    Siren05's Avatar
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    293

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    How did you get an updated File from BMR ?

    Go to group buy thread BNR said certain VIN #s would receive update.

    Again car feels dramatically faster now. I'm gonna guess 350+ lbs tq. It wants to growl now

  8. #23
    breakaway87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    15

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Was this part of the logging program? BNR said I was within spec so I didn't get an update. Or is this something different where they are pushing the envelope further (like a version 2) or something?

  9. #24
    Siren05's Avatar
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    293

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    ^^^^^dunno

  10. #25
    Siren05's Avatar
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    293

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Also bottom right tach now displays what gear I'm in even in Automatic only in tune mode. 2nd gear pulls
    Like a beast very strong now! First gear spins at 3/4 throttle now and street roll launch love it now! Very
    Linear push wooooh!

  11. #26
    frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    209

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Siren05 View Post
    Also bottom right tach now displays what gear I'm in even in Automatic only in tune mode. 2nd gear pulls
    Like a beast very strong now! First gear spins at 3/4 throttle now and street roll launch love it now! Very
    Linear push wooooh!
    Good now u are getting same display I got with my original tune. Check and see if your 4/5 shift at light throttle has a double jump in rpm.My bestpeal torque as reported by BNR was 371 ft # and my Dashboss is 350 pretty common as long as it is not too hot out.f

  12. #27
    Fraggy's Avatar
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    906
    Does the transmission behavior change any? Does the tune improve the all the slip?

  13. #28
    KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Possible stupid question: why do some of you want to tune or otherwise increase hp/torque in a sedan!? Why not just buy a car with more hp if you have the need for speed! After all,
    if you start out with say 250hp and add 10%, big deal, you now only have 275! What is that going to get you in the real world? Why not start out with a higher hp car to begin with?
    Is it really fun to beat on a family hauler that may be capable of taking a twisty or two once in awhile. Just asking here guys, no insult intended. I have owned at least 10 Corvettes and
    still drive a high hp C6. No way in h**l are you ever going to tune an ATS to ever get close to me. A CTS-V, sure, but not some 4 banger with or without forced induction. I know about
    driving high hp, but like I said, why not start out with higher hp. Higher hp cars are not that much more expensive than an ATS. And yes, I recognize the need for a 4 door car, but at least
    start out with one that has balls to begin with...okay, flame me if you like!

  14. #29
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Posts
    3,070

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    Possible stupid question
    No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid askers. Or did I get that backwards?

    why do some of you want to tune or otherwise increase hp/torque in a sedan!?
    I'm gonna guess they need or want 4 doors.

    Why not just buy a car with more hp if you have the need for speed!
    I'm gonna guess virtually nobody here wants to tune for more speed. Anyone who exceeds the car's stock top speed on the road is an idiot. I can tell you don't understand the concept of wanting to improve something. Buying a car with more horsepower, more brakes, more tire, or more cup holders wouldn't change the human desire to improve it.

    Is it really fun to beat on a family hauler that may be capable of taking a twisty or two once in awhile. Just asking here guys, no insult intended. I have owned at least 10 Corvettes and still drive a high hp C6.
    Why would you want to beat on anything? And a Honda civic can generates more cornering and braking Gs than your C6 does accelerating. So basically accelerating is a bore compared to turning or stopping. I spent a lot of time on 9 and 10 second street machines that did 2.x 0-60s. Even that was a bore compared to turning or stopping.

    No way in h**l are you ever going to tune an ATS to ever get close to me.
    I'm not going to ask why you think ANYONE would want to get close to you.

    okay, flame me if you like!
    No thanks, would be too easy to be fun.

  15. #30
    Siren05's Avatar
    Siren05 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD. 2011 STI Hatchback.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    293

    Re: Update at 4k miles / BNR Tune thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    Possible stupid question: why do some of you want to tune or otherwise increase hp/torque in a sedan!? Why not just buy a car with more hp if you have the need for speed! After all,
    if you start out with say 250hp and add 10%, big deal, you now only have 275! What is that going to get you in the real world? Why not start out with a higher hp car to begin with?
    Is it really fun to beat on a family hauler that may be capable of taking a twisty or two once in awhile. Just asking here guys, no insult intended. I have owned at least 10 Corvettes and
    still drive a high hp C6. No way in h**l are you ever going to tune an ATS to ever get close to me. A CTS-V, sure, but not some 4 banger with or without forced induction. I know about
    driving high hp, but like I said, why not start out with higher hp. Higher hp cars are not that much more expensive than an ATS. And yes, I recognize the need for a 4 door car, but at least
    start out with one that has balls to begin with...okay, flame me if you like!
    My little 4 banger Subaru runs with c6s,Porsches ,Ferrari lambos, what ever. Never mind off roading
    Mid 3s 0-60
    Low 11s quarter mile.

    I don't know why you would even belittle yourself by reading a 2.0t tuning review thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting