Competition Mode ???
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Competition Mode ??? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I saw in an article I can put my 2013 ATS 3.6 Auto AWD in a Competition Mode !!!! Is ...
    Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Competition Mode ???

I saw in an article I can put my 2013 ATS 3.6 Auto AWD in a Competition Mode !!!! Is this done by just deactivating stability track and traction control and keeping it in Sport Mode ? Can't really notice a difference from Sport Mode versus Tour Mode. RPM's should go a little higher when switching into Sport Mode, no ??. Is there REALLY a difference or is Caddy pulling my chain ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You have it. It's been in Vs for a decade...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    You have it. It's been in Vs for a decade...
    How do I activate it on my car ???

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I assume you have a traction control button on your steering wheel?

If so, push it once to turn off traction control. Push it twice to then reduce the Stabilitrak threshold to about 50%. This mode will allow you a lot of freedom and car rotation. Enough to get really loose on a road course or autocross. But it will still save your bacon.

If you push the TC button once and then release and hold it down, you can turn all nannies off. As in, you're on your own...

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Re: Competition Mode ???

This for all ATS's or just the 3.6?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Its odd that in my 2.0 when you put it in sport and turn T/C off a shift light will come on at high RPM's, but I've never seen it do it with TC/touring mode on. Must have something to do with a sport mode.. but being a stick and T/C turned off I really have no nannies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho

If so, push it once to turn off traction control. Push it twice to then reduce the Stabilitrak threshold to about 50%. This mode will allow you a lot of freedom and car rotation. Enough to get really loose on a road course or autocross. But it will still save your bacon.

If you push the TC button once and then release and hold it down, you can turn all nannies off. As in, you're on your own...
    I will try this first thing tomorrow am- and Thank You ! Thank You !

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

On the CTS-V this is true but not on the ATS, at least not the 3.6 AWD. On the ATS that position is for the heated steering wheel if so equipped. The Traction Control button is located right behind the shift lever just to the left of the infamous "Mode" button and has the squiggly car icon on it with the word “off"“under it. It also works a little different. Starting from the traction control on:

A.)The first push turns off the traction control and you will see the amber "TC" icon illuminate just to the left of the "6" on the tach.

B.)If you push it again, the traction control will be turned back on and the icon will be turned off.

C.) If you push the button and hold it down (10 -15 seconds) it will turn off the traction control and also "disable" the stabiltrak. Now the "TC" icon will be illuminated as in A and the amber stabiltrak icon will also be illuminated. This icon is the same as what is on the button and is locate a little to the right and a bit lower than the "TC" in the tach display.

Both A & B will give a message in the DIC but C only gives the message “Traction Control Off “ without any mention of the stabiltrak

Not sure if this totally "disables" the stabiltrak as apparently the competition mode does on the CTS-V.

Hope this helps.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD

On the CTS-V this is true but not on the ATS, at least not the 3.6 AWD. On the ATS that position is for the heated steering wheel if so equipped. The Traction Control button is located right behind the shift lever just to the left of the infamous "Mode" button and has the squiggly car icon on it with the word “off"“under it. It also works a little different. Starting from the traction control on:

A.)The first push turns off the traction control and you will see the amber "TC" icon illuminate just to the left of the "6" on the tach.

B.)If you push it again, the traction control will be turned back on and the icon will be turned off.

C.) If you push the button and hold it down (10 -15 seconds) it will turn off the traction control and also "disable" the stabiltrak. Now the "TC" icon will be illuminated as in A and the amber stabiltrak icon will also be illuminated. This icon is the same as what is on the button and is locate a little to the right and a bit lower than the "TC" in the tach display.

Both A & B will give a message in the DIC but C only gives the message “Traction Control Off “ without any mention of the stabiltrak

Not sure if this totally "disables" the stabiltrak as apparently the competition mode does on the CTS-V.

Hope this helps.
    For reference and comparison, this is straight out of the CTS manual.

Competitive Driving Mode

To select this optional handling mode, press the TCS/StabiliTrak button quickly two times and
    STABILITRAK COMPETITIVE MODE displays in the Driver Information Center (DIC). While in the StabiliTrak Competitive Mode,
    the StabiliTrak Off light comes on, TCS does not limit wheel spin, and more effort is required to turn the
    steering wheel. Adjust your driving accordingly.

Press the TCS/StabiliTrak button again, or turn the ignition to
    ACC/ACCESSORY and restart the vehicle, to turn TCS back on and turn the TCS/StabiliTrak warning light off.

Notice: When traction control is
    turned off, or Competitive Driving
    Mode is active, it is possible to lose traction. If you attempt to shift with the drive wheels
    spinning with a loss of traction, it is possible to cause damage to the transmission. Do not attempt to shift when the drive wheels do
    not have traction. Damage caused by misuse of the vehicle is not covered. See the warranty book for additional information.

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Nice!

AdamVIP is offline Cadillac Owners Member

For my 2.0 premium the only way to get to the actual competitive mode is to first put the car into sport. When it's in sport mode you get the normal on / off / competitive. In touring mode you just get on / off. Holding the TC down shuts off everything in both touring and sport though.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Does the suspension firm up as well or does it say the same as sport mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Does the suspension firm up as well or does it say the same as sport mode.
    Yes, if you have MRC; otherwise no change in the suspension.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Awesome. Too bad we can't that stiffer suspension without turning off the nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Awesome. Too bad we can't that stiffer suspension without turning off the nannies.
    On the CTS-V you can do exactly this since there are independent buttons for the MRC and TC/Sabiltrak.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.