Can you automatically close windows & sunroof?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Can you automatically close windows & sunroof? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I've checked the manual, and perhaps I'm missing it, but is there a way to automatically have the sunroof and/or ...
    rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Can you automatically close windows & sunroof?

I've checked the manual, and perhaps I'm missing it, but is there a way to automatically have the sunroof and/or windows close when you shut off car and exit? During nice days, it's easy to forget you have the sunroof open and it would be nice to have it close for you if one happens to forget when one exits the car in a hurry....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Re: Can you automatically close windows & sunroof?

...bcause this always happens to me too....and if there is not a way, is there a way to close the sunroof without having to get back in the car? From the fob or door handle maybe?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello rustybear3 and hood101010,

I apologize but I have checked through the owner’s manual as well and do not see anything regarding the sunroof automatically closing or being able to close them from the key fobs either. I will pass this along as something that people are looking for in their vehicles. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to private message us and we will look into them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

VW and Audi cars do this, and XTS has the opposite, with an auto vent by holding the unlock button on the remote its on by default but can be toggled off with a techs scan tool, it seems to me that this could be easily done on ATS, with some programming hack, anyone have an idea why this wouldnt work?

The reason I asked this, is once I just plain forgot to close the sunroof; it was clouding up in the company parking lot and someone mentioned I'd forgotten about my sunroof.....rushed out and closed it just in time before the rains....what a disaster that would have been! would be a nice option for dolts like me...

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3
    The reason I asked this, is once I just plain forgot to close the sunroof; it was clouding up in the company parking lot and someone mentioned I'd forgotten about my sunroof.....rushed out and closed it just in time before the rains....what a disaster that would have been! would be a nice option for dolts like me...
    I think the lawyers might have something to do with it. Can you see some parent leaving their child in the car. The child has his head or arm dangling outside of the window and sunroof and the parent happens to accidentally hit the fob to close the windows and somehow even if the anti-pinch feature worked, the kid has gotten a bruise or broken a finger. The lawsuits would come flying in.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I think the lawyers might have something to do with it. Can you see some parent leaving their child in the car. The child has his head or arm dangling outside of the window and sunroof and the parent happens to accidentally hit the fob to close the windows and somehow even if the anti-pinch feature worked, the kid has gotten a bruise or broken a finger. The lawsuits would come flying in.
    Yes but how has Audi managed to have offered it for so long ?

Quote Originally Posted by mbk2010

Different risk tolerances among lawyers. Same reason why some manufacturers locked out the NAV while in motion and others didn't.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63

Different risk tolerances among lawyers. Same reason why some manufacturers locked out the NAV while in motion and others didn't.
    So true.

Well, for that matter they could so called accidentally hit the back buttons on the console panel ( which is more likely scenario) and zip the rear windows on a kids fingers as well....but they have those capabilities of a driver remotely controlling all windows; could outlaw all automatic windows and go to manual hand cranks but they don't....they idea of a kid standing and hanging out a sunroof is the parent's irresponsibility and not the cars....I can't imagine a family exiting a car, leaving their kid in the car with his head and hands hanging out a sunroof or open window...I understand your point, but it's pretty extreme and you could easily disable such an option if it would be made available....really, you can sue over anything in today's modern automobile...even the CUE drawer automatically opening and closing could pinch a kids finger if he played with it...

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by mbk2010 View Post
    They are German. Child safety is not a top priority. In Germany they even let witches lure kids with gingerbread houses so they can eat them.
    huna, huna, 73JPS and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3

Well, for that matter they could so called accidentally hit the back buttons on the console panel ( which is more likely scenario) and zip the rear windows on a kids fingers as well....but they have those capabilities of a driver remotely controlling all windows; could outlaw all automatic windows and go to manual hand cranks but they don't....they idea of a kid standing and hanging out a sunroof is the parent's irresponsibility and not the cars....I can't imagine a family exiting a car, leaving their kid in the car with his head and hands hanging out a sunroof or open window...I understand your point, but it's pretty extreme and you could easily disable such an option if it would be made available....really, you can sue over anything in today's modern automobile...even the CUE drawer automatically opening and closing could pinch a kids finger if he played with it...
    I'm not defending it, just saying that you can't underestimate how much influence the lawyers have over some of the decisions made.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

the auto close feature already built into our cars (when operated on the drivers door) already has the auto reverse anti crush built in (havent tested the sunroof but it has it too) so tieing it into the fob should be a matter of programming. the only thing i can think of that might get in the way is the rear windows auto down but not auto up, so the anti crush might not be in the back window to satisfy the lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee

the auto close feature already built into our cars (when operated on the drivers door) already has the auto reverse anti crush built in (havent tested the sunroof but it has it too) so tieing it into the fob should be a matter of programming. the only thing i can think of that might get in the way is the rear windows auto down but not auto up, so the anti crush might not be in the back window to satisfy the lawyers
    I think the anti pinch is on all windows.

I'm not defending it, just saying that you can't underestimate how much influence the lawyers have over some of the decisions made.

Yeah...I know.....I'm surprised they don't limit the heating capabilities of the seat warmer....next thing there will be a lawsuit on hot coffee......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.