Can you automatically close windows & sunroof? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Can you automatically close windows & sunroof? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy They are German. Child safety is not a top priority. In Germany they even let ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    They are German. Child safety is not a top priority. In Germany they even let witches lure kids with gingerbread houses so they can eat them.
    Post of the Month...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Re: Can you automatically close windows & sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Post of the Month...
    I am deeply disappointed: the Academy clearly did not give enough consideration to my post in "Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps?" here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ertical-3.html

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T

I agree 100% with the ATS needing a key FOB sunroof/window vent option. I'm that guy that cruises around with the windows cracked, sunroof tilted and A/C on full blast just because I like the air movement. I also live in Florida, so it rains without notice for an hour and then it's bright and sunny. It would be really nice to be able to keep my interior temps down by cracking the windows and the rain out by shutting them, all through the key FOB...

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ontogenesis View Post
    I agree 100% with the ATS needing a key FOB sunroof/window vent option. I'm that guy that cruises around with the windows cracked, sunroof tilted and A/C on full blast just because I like the air movement. I also live in Florida, so it rains without notice for an hour and then it's bright and sunny. It would be really nice to be able to keep my interior temps down by cracking the windows and the rain out by shutting them, all through the key FOB...
    With Rain-sense the car could close roof and windows if it rains and return them to previous location when it stops.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

With Rain-sense the car could close roof and windows if it rains and return them to previous location when it stops.

Is it my imagination, or have you been getting more acerbic the past few days?

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Is it my imagination, or have you been getting more acerbic the past few days?
    I think so, but I am serious about having rain sense close the top and windows if it rains when parked. It should be cheap to do and one ups the competition.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I think so, but I am serious about having rain sense close the top and windows if it rains when parked. It should be cheap to do and one ups the competition.
    Nice idea...only problem is how would you get around having to power rain sense constantly (don't forget, engine is off) without battery drainage? I guess you might have to use some sort of capacitive storage device....

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Nice idea...only problem is how would you get around having to power rain sense constantly (don't forget, engine is off) without battery drainage? I guess you might have to use some sort of capacitive storage device....
    I don't know how much rain-sense draws. If the factory battery is borderline for continuous, they could also close things up and shut off rain sense before too much is used. And rainsense would only be needed when a window or roof were open and this option was turned on. All closed or option turned off and its not needed.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I don't know how much rain-sense draws. If the factory battery is borderline for continuous, they could also close things up and shut off rain sense before too much is used. And rainsense would only be needed when a window or roof were open and this option was turned on. All closed or option turned off and its not needed.

Should pass your idea along to Cadillac customer service rep......they used an idea of mine of adding stars to 3d Navigation in "night time" mode on the CUE update ....ya never know...
    stevenzoz likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.