When walking up to car settings
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, When walking up to car settings in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a question, on my 2.0T Premium, is there a way to set it up so that as I ...
    adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

When walking up to car settings

I have a question, on my 2.0T Premium, is there a way to set it up so that as I walk up to the car, the puddle lamps automatically turn on and the door handles automatically light up? I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the menus, playing around. I would imagine the option has to be somewhere, the 2014 Forte EX Premium my fiance just purchased has the option. It will automatically move unfold the mirrors, turn on the puddle lamps, and light up the door handles as we walk up to it. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: When walking up to car settings

Only when you unlock the doors with the key fob, do the handles light up, puddle lamps come on, and the "light show" flashes and goes through it's sequence.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

The car should be able to sense the fob as you approach and turn these on. My last 2 cars did this. What is the point of lighted door handles if you need to use the fob to access the car and the system is supposed to be a keyless system. Seems like the door handle engineer missed that memo.

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I am very annoyed with this feature.. Pressing the keyless button on my door handle does nothing in a dark parking lot except unlock the car. Lately I've just been unlocking it from the remote to turn the door handles, etc. on

Ok so I'm not crazy then. Funny as hell that my fiance's 23k dollar Forte has this feature, yet a Cadillac does not....at over 2 times the price.
    Liaury and Liaury like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    So your Kia has a world renowned chassis at half the price? Oh no, the handles don't light up! Sometimes you people need to stop and realize how ridiculous you sound...
    MyfirstCad and MyfirstCad like this.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Dont take this guy ^^^ seriously. He trolls this forum to pounce on people 10,000+ posts of condescending shots at people. His opinions and deeply profound comments count, ours dont. He's a supporter which means he pays to be on here. Otherwise any admin in his right would have 86'd this clown a long time ago.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Dont take this guy ^^^ seriously. He trolls this forum to pounce on people 10,000+ posts of condescending shots at people. His opinions and deeply profound comments count, ours dont. He's a supporter which means he pays to be on here. Otherwise any admin in his right would have 86'd this clown a long time ago.
    Hello, pot. Meet Kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    So your Kia has a world renowned chassis at half the price? Oh no, the handles don't light up! Sometimes you people need to stop and realize how ridiculous you sound...
    Hey guess what, bite me. We're allowed to have opinions, and obviously this one creature comfort wasn't a deal breaker otherwise we wouldn't have the car. Don't look for something to comment on when it wasn't even said. I simply stated it's funny how THAT feature isn't on the caddy, but it's on the KIA. It was merely an observation based on fact. It's not sounding ridiculous, you acting like a 5 year old is what sounds ridiculous. It's a matter of priorities by the automaker, KIA is going for unique features such as those creature comforts.

On the same token, I can also say the ATS doesn't have a panoramic sunroof like my 2011 Optima had, nor does it have ventilated seats. Once again, a matter of priorities.

I apologize to any admins who might take issue with anything I have said if it seems like it's offensive, but paying 10 dollars to a website doesn't allow you to go into the discussions of others and bash on them for having opinions, all the while providing no relevant information to the discussion.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    Hey guess what, bite me.

I apologize to any admins who might take issue with anything I have said if it seems like it's offensive, but paying 10 dollars to a website doesn't allow you to go into the discussions of others and bash on them for having opinions, all the while providing no relevant information to the discussion.
    Bet he feels pretty dumb laying out $10/month when you can tell people to bite you for free!

SkinThickener-lg.jpg
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post

Hey guess what, bite me. We're allowed to have opinions, and obviously this one creature comfort wasn't a deal breaker otherwise we wouldn't have the car. Don't look for something to comment on when it wasn't even said. I simply stated it's funny how THAT feature isn't on the caddy, but it's on the KIA. It was merely an observation based on fact. It's not sounding ridiculous, you acting like a 5 year old is what sounds ridiculous. It's a matter of priorities by the automaker, KIA is going for unique features such as those creature comforts.

On the same token, I can also say the ATS doesn't have a panoramic sunroof like my 2011 Optima had, nor does it have ventilated seats. Once again, a matter of priorities.

Well if you don't understand why you pay what you do for your ATS, that's your problem. Kia has attracted you with gadgets and baubles. Nice. Cadillac is trying to get you a fair amount of luxury in a sports sedan. Key word is sports. When the Kia can stop, go and handle like the ATS, then worry about the price.

If you can't handle the fact I called your statement ridiculous, then I'm sorry. Still ridiculous...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    I was like this with 93 posts as well. You seem to be especially sensitive with my opinions. I'm flattered. But, see, I gave an opinion. That's what forums are for. What I say or do here doesn't get me banned. Because I contribute. Try it sometime...

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway....

I can appreciate people wanting to have the option for a "walk up and automatic unlock". Realistically, though, I do not think I would select that option for the simple reason that every time I walk by my car in my driveway (say, to take out the garbage, or walk to the mailbox), I don't want to unlock my car (yes, it is likely that the fob would be in my pocket whilst performing those menial tasks). That's why the car has the very convenient buttons on the door handles: unlock the car if I want when I walk up to it; otherwise, it remains passive and locked. If I need it to unlock from a distance to see puddle lights and lighted door handles, I can make a most monumental effort, reach into my pocket, and push a freakin' button.

Somewhat tired of the recent trend making comparisons from the perspective of KIAs and other cars, though. Every car is an exercise in engineering compromise: thebigjimsho is not incorrect to point this out.

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by hood101010
    The car should be able to sense the fob as you approach and turn these on. My last 2 cars did this. What is the point of lighted door handles if you need to use the fob to access the car and the system is supposed to be a keyless system. Seems like the door handle engineer missed that memo.
    I agree. You should write to Cadillac and let them know how unhappy you are, then, if after 30 days they haven't responded you can dump the car as a lemon depending on your state. I live in Florida so if you can't do this in your state sell up and move here. That would teach cadillac to make sure their engineer has passed his door handle exam. He probably wasn't even licensed.

I had a similar issue with my Harley. Door handles don't light up on that either. I have to blindly grope around trying to find them in the dark. The door engineer obviously was not reading the memo either, because I'm damned if I can find the doors, even in the daylight. Worse, I think they shorted me a couple of wheels.

Its no wonder them damned Koreans are taking over. The North develops weapons of mass destruction, but the south is much more surreptitious. They are slowly infiltrating our homes with their mind control electronics like tv, DVD players and now cars. One day they will flip a switch and we will all fry. FRY I tell you FRY. I'm keeping with my Zenith and Cadillac. Can you recommend the maker of some good shielded underpants? Seems like you might have experience. I can feel our common bond.
    jamboarder and jamboarder like this.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

So when I see a car lighting up as the owner approaches I know who I can car jack.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Yeah but still, generally speaking, some people are unnecessarily harsh right away with no reason. Not cool. Take it easy guys. No reason to bash on the guy for wishing his Cadillac was better than a kia from every possible aspect. On another thread, someone complained how a jeep has a launch button and Cadillac doesn't. That's also a valid complaint to some. Absolutely no reason to bash. Just because you found a reason to bash on someone, doesn't mean you should.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.