When walking up to car settings - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, When walking up to car settings in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; This forum...a couple times a month this place saddens me. Anonymous, no repercussions, and that gives people license to treat ...
    AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    This forum...a couple times a month this place saddens me. Anonymous, no repercussions, and that gives people license to treat each other this way?
    It's. A. Damn. Car.
    Perspective.
    ( off my soap box, go on behaving as you will)

adiaz2331 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6-Speed

Re: When walking up to car settings

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Well if you don't understand why you pay what you do for your ATS, that's your problem. Kia has attracted you with gadgets and baubles. Nice. Cadillac is trying to get you a fair amount of luxury in a sports sedan. Key word is sports. When the Kia can stop, go and handle like the ATS, then worry about the price.

If you can't handle the fact I called your statement ridiculous, then I'm sorry. Still ridiculous...

----------

I was like this with 93 posts as well. You seem to be especially sensitive with my opinions. I'm flattered. But, see, I gave an opinion. That's what forums are for. What I say or do here doesn't get me banned. Because I contribute. Try it sometime...
    I'm absolutely BEGGING YOU, please don't ever respond to another one my threads. You're taking what I said totally out of context and just making assumptions that have no basis.

I never said I didn't understand why I paid what I did for my ATS. You quoted what I said, and pretty much didn't read it at all, just started blabbing out stuff about not understanding something, when I understand it perfectly, which is evident by what you quoted me saying.

It appears that almost every thread you comment on, now mind you I said ALMOST (even a blind square finds a nut every now and again), you have something negative to say towards someone or feel the need to ridicule someone. I look forward to the day when you need help from someone or advice on something, and everyone tells you to go take a hike.

Please stop trying to be the tough guy on the forums, who thinks he is an marketing analyst, sales analyst, telling everyone who it is appealing to and why it is appealing to them. You might be a cool as hell guy, but no one will ever know if you're constantly berating others, so just chill, respond to what is actually written, instead of what your mind is construing is being said, and it will help everyone in the community.

You seem to believe you have a lot to bring to the table, work on the presentation of your information, and maybe people won't think you're being so maliciously rude all the time.

Back on topic, I can see that stating an observation has ruffled feathers, and people seem to take it personally. Being a car ENTHUSIAST, you look at the features and amenities of all cars available, no matter what the make of the vehicle. I'm in NO way comparing KIA to Cadillac. There's a very definitive reason I jumped over to Cadillac. They had the features and characteristics that were important to ME.

On the flip side, I feel that a General Discussion forum, would be the place that you can talk about things that are kind of funny, such as the differences in feature priorities, that other automakers have. If this is not the place for it, then this forum is useless, and nothing more than a soapbox contest.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post
    I'm absolutely BEGGING YOU, please don't ever respond to another one my threads. You're taking what I said totally out of context and just making assumptions that have no basis.

I never said I didn't understand why I paid what I did for my ATS. You quoted what I said, and pretty much didn't read it at all, just started blabbing out stuff about not understanding something, when I understand it perfectly, which is evident by what you quoted me saying.

It appears that almost every thread you comment on, now mind you I said ALMOST (even a blind square finds a nut every now and again), you have something negative to say towards someone or feel the need to ridicule someone. I look forward to the day when you need help from someone or advice on something, and everyone tells you to go take a hike.

Please stop trying to be the tough guy on the forums, who thinks he is an marketing analyst, sales analyst, telling everyone who it is appealing to and why it is appealing to them. You might be a cool as hell guy, but no one will ever know if you're constantly berating others, so just chill, respond to what is actually written, instead of what your mind is construing is being said, and it will help everyone in the community.

You seem to believe you have a lot to bring to the table, work on the presentation of your information, and maybe people won't think you're being so maliciously rude all the time.

Back on topic, I can see that stating an observation has ruffled feathers, and people seem to take it personally. Being a car ENTHUSIAST, you look at the features and amenities of all cars available, no matter what the make of the vehicle. I'm in NO way comparing KIA to Cadillac. There's a very definitive reason I jumped over to Cadillac. They had the features and characteristics that were important to ME.

On the flip side, I feel that a General Discussion forum, would be the place that you can talk about things that are kind of funny, such as the differences in feature priorities, that other automakers have. If this is not the place for it, then this forum is useless, and nothing more than a soapbox contest.
    Well you got one thing right (see above in bold).

For those easily upset by someone else's individuality, the forums provide an ignore option. Open any annoying SOB's profile and click on "add to ignore list". After that you will just see placeholders instead of their posts with an option to view any individually if curiosity becomes overwhelming.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T View Post
    I agree. You should write to Cadillac and let them know how unhappy you are, then, if after 30 days they haven't responded you can dump the car as a lemon depending on your state. I live in Florida so if you can't do this in your state sell up and move here. That would teach cadillac to make sure their engineer has passed his door handle exam. He probably wasn't even licensed.

I had a similar issue with my Harley. Door handles don't light up on that either. I have to blindly grope around trying to find them in the dark. The door engineer obviously was not reading the memo either, because I'm damned if I can find the doors, even in the daylight. Worse, I think they shorted me a couple of wheels.

Its no wonder them damned Koreans are taking over. The North develops weapons of mass destruction, but the south is much more surreptitious. They are slowly infiltrating our homes with their mind control electronics like tv, DVD players and now cars. One day they will flip a switch and we will all fry. FRY I tell you FRY. I'm keeping with my Zenith and Cadillac. Can you recommend the maker of some good shielded underpants? Seems like you might have experience. I can feel our common bond.
    I haven't had such a good laugh on a trivial (IMO) thread in a long time...

That being said, there is nothing more impressive than the Cadillac light dance and lighted handle show.....and MY GOD, I have to press the key FOB to see it!!

nhspike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Broughm
    Skin thickener... HA!
    Too funny

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adiaz2331 View Post

I try to make it a point to attack the opinions of posters, not themselves personally.

As for what I've said in these forums, I apologize for nothing, except for misunderstandings. I don't own an ATS, but there are many things Cadillac, or just general performance, that I can help or bloviate on. Therefore, I will.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

I try to make it a point to attack the opinions of posters, not themselves personally.

As for what I've said in these forums, I apologize for nothing, except for misunderstandings. I don't own an ATS, but there are many things Cadillac, or just general performance, that I can help or bloviate on. Therefore, I will.
    maaaaaaan u dont even have an ATS and ur spending time here? dedication right there lol. im having a hard time summoning up the motivation to even read some of these threads and i HAVE an ATS that im obsessed with. but u have ur word in almost every thread without having an ATS haha. no wonder ur post count is so high.

msheikh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway....

I can appreciate people wanting to have the option for a "walk up and automatic unlock". Realistically, though, I do not think I would select that option for the simple reason that every time I walk by my car in my driveway (say, to take out the garbage, or walk to the mailbox), I don't want to unlock my car (yes, it is likely that the fob would be in my pocket whilst performing those menial tasks). That's why the car has the very convenient buttons on the door handles: unlock the car if I want when I walk up to it; otherwise, it remains passive and locked. If I need it to unlock from a distance to see puddle lights and lighted door handles, I can make a most monumental effort, reach into my pocket, and push a freakin' button.

Somewhat tired of the recent trend making comparisons from the perspective of KIAs and other cars, though. Every car is an exercise in engineering compromise: thebigjimsho is not incorrect to point this out.
    Just an FYI....door handles don't automatically unlock on other cars that have this option so you wouldn't accidentally unlock your car every time you walk by. They just light up giving you confirmation that key has been read and I guess so you can see where the unlock button is if its dark.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post

maaaaaaan u dont even have an ATS and ur spending time here? dedication right there lol. im having a hard time summoning up the motivation to even read some of these threads and i HAVE an ATS that im obsessed with. but u have ur word in almost every thread without having an ATS haha. no wonder ur post count is so high.
    It's OCD. I've also been here 9 years and am alwayss in the V forums. Regular CTSs never interested me. The ATS greatly interests me as will the ATS-V when it comes out. So I'm gleaning...

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

It's OCD. I've also been here 9 years and am alwayss in the V forums. Regular CTSs never interested me. The ATS greatly interests me as will the ATS-V when it comes out. So I'm gleaning...
    thats cool man thats cool. hopefully u get cured soon so u can share ur important opinions with the people outside hahaha. jk man jk. use skin thickner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.