What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!???
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!??? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just bought a 2013 ATS which at first we thought was a Premium model. This was a supposed "event car' ...
    KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!???

Just bought a 2013 ATS which at first we thought was a Premium model. This was a supposed "event car' put together by the dealer. It had 46 miles on it!
    Car has 18" wheels and Michllen tires [not supposed to be on a Performance] and the Magnetic Ride Control switch appears to function. On my C6 Corvette if your car does not come with MRC there is no switch for it on the console. The ATS has the switch and the dash panel shows which mode has been selected! The build sheet does not show the MRC or the 18" wheels and tires!?? The car does not have the HUD which I really love in my Corvette! I wish I could add it for a reasonable cost. Am I correct in the above in what a Performance model is supposed to have. The car is my girlfriends, not mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Re: What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!???

All ATSs have the mode selector on the center console regardless if they have the magnetic ride shocks or not.

We're still not all that sure what the mode selector does on non-MRS ATSs.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    Just bought a 2013 ATS which at first we thought was a Premium model. This was a supposed "event car' put together by the dealer. It had 46 miles on it!
    Car has 18" wheels and Michllen tires [not supposed to be on a Performance] and the Magnetic Ride Control switch appears to function. On my C6 Corvette if your car does not come with MRC there is no switch for it on the console. The ATS has the switch and the dash panel shows which mode has been selected! The build sheet does not show the MRC or the 18" wheels and tires!?? The car does not have the HUD which I really love in my Corvette! I wish I could add it for a reasonable cost. Am I correct in the above in what a Performance model is supposed to have. The car is my girlfriends, not mine.
    thats not a premium. HUD and MRC are standard on premium. that sounds like performance. (the mode button and display on the dash for sport mode is on all trims, but depending on trim level it does different things. like for non MRC ones, it stiffens the steering i think and changes the shift points on automatic transmissions to be more aggressive)
    huna and huna like this.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    thats not a premium. HUD and MRC are standard on premium. that sounds like performance. (the mode button and display on the dash for sport mode is on all trims, but depending on trim level it does different things. like for non MRC ones, it stiffens the steering i think and changes the shift points on automatic transmissions to be more aggressive)
    In effect then, it would really only change shift points, or, sharpen them, right!? Very much like a transmission sport mode vs. a less aggressive shift mode. Why would the MRC do that? My guess then is that the MRC switch does absolutely nothing in a non-MRC car even though the dash mode indicator lights up! The 18" wheels then I must conclude are there because the dealer added them for more show purposes. We were not charged for them at any point. Thanks for your replies....

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

In effect then, it would really only change shift points, or, sharpen them, right!? Very much like a transmission sport mode vs. a less aggressive shift mode. Why would the MRC do that? My guess then is that the MRC switch does absolutely nothing in a non-MRC car even though the dash mode indicator lights up! The 18" wheels then I must conclude are there because the dealer added them for more show purposes. We were not charged for them at any point. Thanks for your replies....
    18" wheels are an option on performance

the mode button changes, steering feel/stiffness, transmition program, throttle response, and mag ride, if your car is so equiped.

all ATS have variable steering

all automatic ATS have variable shift logic

all premium have mag ride

thus the mode button does the most for a premium, because it has everything, and the least for any non premium manual transmition car (only steering and throttle are affected by mode in these)
    huna and huna like this.

rspitler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    What is an "MRC Switch"? I have the Premium model and I don't have an MRC Switch. I have a Mode Selector though.

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    What is an "MRC Switch"? I have the Premium model and I don't have an MRC Switch. I have a Mode Selector though.
    the mode selector is your MRC switch, its an all or nothing affair, sport mode acts on all the varialbe sytems at once

I believe only the CTS-V has a dedicated MRC button, possibly some of the Chevy's (corvette/camaro people please weigh in) the remaining MRC cars tie MRC to the transmition mode to make changes

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Not all premiums have mag ride. My premium is AWD and does not come with mag ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Not all premiums have mag ride. My premium is AWD and does not come with mag ride.
    My Bad this is true, i forget about AWD living here in SD, then i must also revise what i said earlier, Cadillac also changes the AWD logic in sport mode, they start with a rearward bias, and I believe go even more rearward in sport mode. I will have to research the ATS to get specifics on the AWD and what system it uses and how it behaves. I know that for the XTS it uses a Haldex system developed with Haldex and SAAB and it is a generation newer than Haldex used in some porsches and VW's. the haldex goes as far as 99% rearward bias in some cases, this used to be 100% and still is in the SRX but cadillac discovered that there was some driveline loading/unloading issues in the front at 100% rear power that resulted in a clunking noise when the system would go into and out of 100% rearward bias, so the solution was to dial it down and keep some torque (1%) in the front wheels to maintain loading on those components.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello KXAM,

If you provided me with your VIN in a private message, I would be happy to look into your RPO codes and tell you which package is on your vehicle. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Be careful what you wish for.

1. 19 inch tires typically cost as much as $300 to $400 per tire.
    2. Don't even ask about the replacement cost of the magnetic shocks after the warranty is over.
    3. Word on the street is that the computer module that controls the self parking mechanism on the Lexus cars is about $2500--just for the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello KXAM,

If you provided me with your VIN in a private message, I would be happy to look into your RPO codes and tell you which package is on your vehicle. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks for all of the input and to you as well George. I found the build sheet and now know what was to be included. What confused me was the MRC function switch operating even though the car does not have MRC! Also, the dealer installed 18" wheels/tires but did not include a portable air compressor and a can of slime when they removed the run flats! I am most happy to have the 18" as I despise run flats. My Corvette C6 came with Goodyear "runcraps" and they did not last 17,000 miles and were loud as hell. So I will go back to the dealer and get them to throw in a compressor and slime kit.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Thanks for all of the input and to you as well George. I found the build sheet and now know what was to be included. What confused me was the MRC function switch operating even though the car does not have MRC! Also, the dealer installed 18" wheels/tires but did not include a portable air compressor and a can of slime when they removed the run flats! I am most happy to have the 18" as I despise run flats. My Corvette C6 came with Goodyear "runcraps" and they did not last 17,000 miles and were loud as hell. So I will go back to the dealer and get them to throw in a compressor and slime kit.
    What "MRC switch" are you referring to?

And I'm not sure what makes you think your tires are not run flats. My tires on my Performance 3.6 are 18" Michelin Run flats, so unless the dealer changed them out for some inexplicable reason, so are yours.

EDIT: There is another set of 18" wheels that are standard on the Performance model, so maybe that is where you are getting confused. The wheels that I have (and probably you) are supposed to only be available on the Premium model. Dealers sometime do things to move cars . Either way, they are run flats.

rspitler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe

What "MRC switch" are you referring to?

And I'm not sure what makes you think your tires are not run flats. My tires on my Performance 3.6 are 18" Michelin Run flats, so unless the dealer changed them out for some inexplicable reason, so are yours.
    I too would like to know what an "MRC Switch" is? I have a Premium model that includes MRC, but there is no "Switch".

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello KXAM,

You are welcome. Glad to see others are helping you on the forum. If there are ever additional questions or concerns that arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.