What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!??? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!??? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by rspitler I too would like to know what an "MRC Switch" is? I have a Premium model ...
    MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Re: What is INCLUDED in Performance option? Mine has 18" wheels!???

Quote Originally Posted by rspitler View Post
    I too would like to know what an "MRC Switch" is? I have a Premium model that includes MRC, but there is no "Switch".
    The switch is just to the rear of the gear selector and to the right of the TCS selector switch. It is labeled ‘Mode” and as other have noted there is not a separate MRC switch. Look at section 9 in your owners manual for additional information.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    What "MRC switch" are you referring to?

And I'm not sure what makes you think your tires are not run flats. My tires on my Performance 3.6 are 18" Michelin Run flats, so unless the dealer changed them out for some inexplicable reason, so are yours.

EDIT: There is another set of 18" wheels that are standard on the Performance model, so maybe that is where you are getting confused. The wheels that I have (and probably you) are supposed to only be available on the Premium model. Dealers sometime do things to move cars . Either way, they are run flats.
    The 18" machined finish wheels with 225/40 Michelin Run Flats were a option on the Performance model and as you said also on the Premium.(AWD and RWD had different widths) The standard wheel on the performance was 17" with 225/45 Run Flats. I believe only the base model came without Run Flats and therefore had the inflator kit.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

I think most of the confusion was caused by the original poster calling the mode switch an MRC switch, when it shouldn't be called that at all. It is the mode switch. Therefore, there is no incongruity between having a mode switch and not having MRC.
    MASCAD and MASCAD like this.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by MASCAD View Post
    The switch is just to the rear of the gear selector and to the right of the TCS selector switch. It is labeled ‘Mode” and as other have noted there is not a separate MRC switch. Look at section 9 in your owners manual for additional information.

----------

The 18" machined finish wheels with 225/40 Michelin Run Flats were a option on the Performance model and as you said also on the Premium.(AWD and RWD had different widths) The standard wheel on the performance was 17" with 225/45 Run Flats. I believe only the base model came without Run Flats and therefore had the inflator kit.
    There is an ADDITIONAL option of poished aluminum 18" wheels, which is what I have and was referring to, which is only (technically) available on the Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by huna View Post
    I think most of the confusion was caused by the original poster calling the mode switch an MRC switch, when it shouldn't be called that at all. It is the mode switch. Therefore, there is no incongruity between having a mode switch and not having MRC.
    Agreed.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    There is an ADDITIONAL option of poished aluminum 18" wheels, which is what I have and was referring to, which is only (technically) available on the Premium.
    The very heavy polished 18" wheels were factory options on the Luxury and Premium collections.

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    [QUOTE="MASCAD"]

----------
    I know there is not an "MRC Switch". It's a mode selector. I think the OP should be the one looking at section 9 in Owners Manual

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Thanks guys. Hey, I made a mistake in calling the mode switch the MRC switch. I am a lowly Corvette owner so what do I know about Cadillacs, right!!?? ZR-1 Corvettes have the original form of magnetic ride as well but I only used it when I drag raced my cars.
    The dealer installed 18" wheels with Michelin MXM4 ZP tires on our ATS Performance model. I truly dislike run craps so I hope these Michelin ZP's hold up. The OEM Goodyears installed on 'vettes do not!

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    The very heavy polished 18" wheels were factory options on the Luxury and Premium collections.
    I don't think I'd call a 4lb weight difference "very heavy" lol.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by KXAM View Post
    The dealer installed 18" wheels with Michelin MXM4 ZP tires on our ATS Performance model. I truly dislike run craps so I hope these Michelin ZP's hold up. The OEM Goodyears installed on 'vettes do not!
    I had Goodyear RFT on my BMW, and you're right, they got REALLY LOUD at about 12,000 miles. So much so that people would ask "What is that noise?" BMW actually settled a Class action law suit and helped owners buy new tires depending on how old, how many miles, etc. I PRAY these don't get loud like that.

Correction - I believe they were bridgestone. Loud none the less.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

So, anyone have experience with the Michelin MxM4 ZP run flats?! I would hope they are far better than Goodyears but with a 500 wear rating, man, that is one hard tire..!! My C6 would literally smoke those off in a day or two....can't be much grip with such a hard compound! if they get loud, Cadillac is going to hear some LOUD shouting and feedback from ATS owners! Chevrolet sure did.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.