I want 2014 Malibu 2.0t torque - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I want 2014 Malibu 2.0t torque in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by bungee91 I believe the CTS with the 2.0T had the same TQ figure as the Malibu, and ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: I want 2014 Malibu 2.0t torque

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I believe the CTS with the 2.0T had the same TQ figure as the Malibu, and it certainly isn't the top trim for that vehicle.
    Nope, but it's also hauling around an additional 200lbs over the 2.0T in the ATS.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Also don't forget that Alpha will underpin the 6th gen Camaro, which will have the LTG as well. As the Camaro turbo will go against the Mustang turbo, GM doesn't want to let the "cat out of the bag" with how capable the LTG is - expect a power bump to over 300hp/tq when that happens.

Then the question is (once the Camaro's numbers come out) what happens to all LTG tunes? Does every car get a bump? Does GM release a "bump tune" via GMPP like they did for the LNF?

And then, what happens to the 3.6L when the numbers become nearly identical?

Time will tell.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Here's to hoping for a factory tune option.
    donavo likes this.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283
    Here's to hoping for a factory tune option.
    If you check the Technical forum, I believe many people are already doing aftermarket software tunes.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by roadpie4u View Post
    Also don't forget that Alpha will underpin the 6th gen Camaro, which will have the LTG as well. As the Camaro turbo will go against the Mustang turbo, GM doesn't want to let the "cat out of the bag" with how capable the LTG is - expect a power bump to over 300hp/tq when that happens.

Then the question is (once the Camaro's numbers come out) what happens to all LTG tunes? Does every car get a bump? Does GM release a "bump tune" via GMPP like they did for the LNF?

And then, what happens to the 3.6L when the numbers become nearly identical?

Time will tell.
    a 300hp LFG could very well happen, if it does, only NVH concerns would remain the underling use for keeping the LFX around. I doubt this will be sufficent.

What I do expect, is that it might live on as an LF3 in a camaro.

If you check the Technical forum, I believe many people are already doing aftermarket software tunes.
    Aftermarket tunes void warranties.

He's talking about a $650 package that included a factory backed tune for the LFN in the cobalt ss/solstace/HHR ect, that bumped power 30 ponies and torque 80ft/lbs.

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

tune is great but can be even better

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    As a former LNF owner (SS/TC) with GMS1 installed, I can say the factory power bump was nice. But of course I wanted more!

I got Trifecta Tuned and that made a difference over GMS1.

Important thing to remember with these turbo cars is they like to breathe. Before I Trifecta Tuned I installed an K&N intake and switched out the stock downpipe for a Turbo XS catted d/p. Then I just let the Tune take advantage of those mods. Spooled much quicker and went from 21 psi to 24.

So, Tune off I had GMS1 for about 280 hp and 300 tq. And Tune on I gained about 25 -30 more of each. Noticeable difference. I could spin the tires through 3rd if I wished.

Let the engine breathe...

Traded it in on my 2012 SRX (don't ask). Have it Trifecta Tuned too.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Under no circumstances should GM allow a middle of the road family car to have 35 more tq than their sports sedan that is competing directly with BMW.
    I drove the 2.5l and 2,0t back to back and the turbo didn't have the power and feel I was expecting. 35 more tq would probably change my Impression and at $299 mo. Lease I could see myself in one.

wongluk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6spd
    I think the 2.0T engine torque is purposely detuned to minimize comparison with the 3.6 engine

Just like how Porsche detuned their Cayman vs the 911... Car manufacturer do it all the time

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Stevo Supremo likes this.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

It's the same engine, just a more aggressive tune. GM does the same thing with the regal CXL turbo and the regal GS. Same engine, same ECM, different tune. We can get the CXL to make the same power as a tuned GS.

And yes, you could get a tune from us and make way over that power, but we're also happy to do a small bump to that power.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by wongluk View Post
    I think the 2.0T engine torque is purposely detuned to minimize comparison with the 3.6 engine

Just like how Porsche detuned their Cayman vs the 911... Car manufacturer do it all the time

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I think you nailed it, a simple tune to a 2.0 will make a 3.6 seem pointless sans immediate power. I really dont think GM wants there "dime-a-dozen" 3.6 embarrassed by a 4 banger. A few guys at the track with the 2.0 had the same theory.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Ya, but since it just a tune they are doing...why not offer a tune package. Only a small percentage will tune. The 3.6 will still be desired by those that believe in displacement. No offense to BNR, but factory tune has peace of mind attached.

----------

Meant to also say...thinking of Dinan, if BMW is the benchmark - go all the way GM.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

We would be happy to offer that tune to you guys. We have access to all of that stuff, and it would be no problem at all to stuff a 2014 tune into your 2013 ecm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.