4th stock radio being installed... - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 4th stock radio being installed... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The majority of my issues have been good for the last 4 or 5 days. Except the DIC says " ...
    AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    The majority of my issues have been good for the last 4 or 5 days. Except the DIC says " no signal may be blocked" for the XM. It will not come back until I turn off the car and restart. The no volume at all upon start up hasn't happened since the last service, it's been less then a week though.

Update: the no volume issue has reoccurred! Along with the no signal on the DIC. During my 7 months of ownership Cadillac customer service calls and checks in, they want me to bring the car to in to the dealership (for the 10th time) when this issues are happening. Hard to make it down there when I'm on the way to work or to anywhere for that matter. If I'm in the car 9 times out of 10 I can not detour to the dealership, I'm in the car for a reason, to get to where I MUST BE without being late.
    I'm SO over jumping through Cadillac hoops all the while paying the same amount some of you guys are paying for a fully functional ATS.

Update: ATS had no volume this morning, took it to the dealership while the issue was occurring. They say the XM antenna/wiring is the cause now. Parts on order, when they arrive this will be service #11 since January...

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Like owning a VW.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 4th stock radio being installed...

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux View Post
    Update: ATS had no volume this morning, took it to the dealership while the issue was occurring. They say the XM antenna/wiring is the cause now. Parts on order, when they arrive this will be service #11 since January...
    Hello AmerLux,

I apologize for all the trouble you have gone through with your vehicle since January. I understand how this can be frustrating. I see the dealer has ordered the parts to fix the antenna/wiring for XM. Please let us know how everything goes after this next service. I can be reached via private message. Feel free to discuss any other questions or concerns with me as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux
    Does this mean SD and Bluetooth playback is working. Only radio problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283

Does this mean SD and Bluetooth playback is working. Only radio problems.
    Hadn't used the Bluetooth for music playback, the ATS w/ standard radio ( no CUE ) is capable of that?

Update:
    The ATS was at the dealer for the last two days having the XM antenna and wiring replaced. Got it back at 2:00 drove it to work, got back in at 4:30 started the car and NO VOLUME JUST LIKE ITS BEEN SINCE DECEMBER WHEN I GOT IT.
    The car has been to the dealers shop 13 TIMES now for various issues. All the other issues have been fixed except this one. My ownership experience has been a nightmare all while paying full price on time every month for 7 months.

I'm done. I have NO CONFIDENCE in this car and I demanded out of this lemon today and they said they'd " explore the possibility "
    Lord help me!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Update:
    The ATS was at the dealer for the last two days having the XM antenna and wiring replaced. Got it back at 2:00 drove it to work, got back in at 4:30 started the car and NO VOLUME JUST LIKE ITS BEEN SINCE DECEMBER WHEN I GOT IT.
    The car has been to the dealers shop 13 TIMES now for various issues. All the other issues have been fixed except this one. My ownership experience has been a nightmare all while paying full price on time every month for 7 months.

I'm done. I have NO CONFIDENCE in this car and I demanded out of this lemon today and they said they'd " explore the possibility "
    Lord help me!
    The dealer is in over their head on your particular problem.

Be careful with the lemon process. Be familiar with your state's laws and make sure you are accumulating the required documentation while Cadillac does their thing. Don't let any deadlines pass regardless of how well it seems to be going on a voluntary replacement. If you get to the point you have to file with the state, expect all voluntary assistance from Cadillac to cease. I've seen that happen with other automakers and it seems to be SOP from the legal departments.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Is there another Cadillac dealership around you? I would say try another dealership to see what they say and what they can do!

Thanks for the advice guys, Cadillac sent a tech from Michigan down to Athens, GA about 3 weeks ago to handle to infotainment issues. Three visits later and all remedies attempted...no dice. I assume another dealership wouldn't be able to out smart the Ace from GM who traveled down here...I've lost all hope.
    I am not familiar with Georgia's consumer protection law, however the thirteen dealership services in seven months speak for themselves. I haven't driven the car for 3 consecutive weeks since I signed on the dotted line.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I assume another dealership wouldn't be able to out smart the Ace from GM who traveled down here.
    Two questions: (1) Are you serious? (2) How's that working out for you?

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Trouble shooting or repairing a modern car, or any other modern, sophisticated engineered system don't require a very high IQ or any special talent, rather it is more like following a flowchart or a procedure! The only exception is the case that the fault has not been documented yet and hasn't been embedded into those troubleshooting procedures. I hope your car is not experiencing one of those unknown, undocumented faults! If I were in your shoes, I would still take the car to another dealership! Sometimes people make stupid mistakes. A second opinion wouldn't hurt at all!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Update:

Lord help me!
    Hello AmerLux,

I apologize for all the trouble you have experienced with your vehicle. I understand and appreciate how you feel; you do not expect problems when purchasing a new vehicle. I see your dealership has tried to utilize other sources to help remedy your vehicle issues. I am sorry to hear you have lost all hope; we would not want any customer to experience what you have described. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please reach out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux

Hadn't used the Bluetooth for music playback, the ATS w/ standard radio ( no CUE ) is capable of that?
    Didn't think antenna or its connection would solve problem. Obviously problem is not with hardware. First couple of times replacing the radio should have given this conclusion. They have a bug in the firmware. I'd say you need new main operating circuits and programming....main car computer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.