4th stock radio being installed... - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 4th stock radio being installed... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi guys! New member here, but this thread caught my eye because I too found what I believe to be ...
    barlowc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD 6AT

Re: 4th stock radio being installed...

Hi guys! New member here, but this thread caught my eye because I too found what I believe to be a few bugs in the base, non-CUE infotainment system. I've only had my ATS one week and it only has a total of 600 miles on the odometer, but it was produced in October of last year. That leaves me wondering if there might be a software update or something. Anyway, the two issues I've noticed are:

1) Given that the radio information is displayed in the screen in the center stack, I don't also need it in the center area of the DIC under the speedometer. So I switched that over to Nav which gives me a compass. (I have Trip1 and Fuel Range in the left and right areas respectively.) Anyway, sometimes the center area stays configured the way I have it, but sometimes upon startup it reverts back to displaying the radiio information.

2) I always listen to XM and it's on one such station when I turn the car off. Sometimes that same station is playing when I start the car up, but occasionally it has switched itself over to AM or XM. When this occurs, I also notice that the Auto setting for the number of favorites to display has changed to 25.

I've spoken with a Service Advisor at my Dealer and he's not heard of any such issues. He said when I bring the car in he'll give me a loaner for the day because he'll have to contact GM. But given the intermittent nature of the problem I'm concerned it's going to result in a situation like AmerLux's.

Anyone else experienced these issues?

cbutcho is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS. I also have issues with the SD card and the USB ports as there is a "pop" or "scratch" sound everytime a new song starts and also the system will not recognise more than about 100 songs per forder. I am sure that all the issues reported are software related and I am convinced that units are all the same except that only few people reported the issues so far. I just live with the issues as I have learned to cope with them but it is quite disappointing to see that nobody at Cadillac cared about testing the unit before being released to production.

Quote Originally Posted by cbutcho View Post
    By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS.
    cbutcho, do you have the same two issues that I described, or the larger set that the OP mentioned?

Dave623 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 Glacier Blue

Hi all. The radio is more than just a radio -- it's also the central processor for all of the computers. Dealer must first try to recalibrate. If that fails, it's an internal failure and radio needs to be replaced. If there are still problems with a new radio or after a successful recalibration, then it's probably a ground loop feedback and good luck finding that. My base ATS has so many electrical gremlins, I've opened a case with GM/Cadillac. After six months, my dealer's actually given up.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by barlowc View Post
    Hi guys! New member here, but this thread caught my eye because I too found what I believe to be a few bugs in the base, non-CUE infotainment system. I've only had my ATS one week and it only has a total of 600 miles on the odometer, but it was produced in October of last year. That leaves me wondering if there might be a software update or something. Anyway, the two issues I've noticed are:

1) Given that the radio information is displayed in the screen in the center stack, I don't also need it in the center area of the DIC under the speedometer. So I switched that over to Nav which gives me a compass. (I have Trip1 and Fuel Range in the left and right areas respectively.) Anyway, sometimes the center area stays configured the way I have it, but sometimes upon startup it reverts back to displaying the radiio information.

2) I always listen to XM and it's on one such station when I turn the car off. Sometimes that same station is playing when I start the car up, but occasionally it has switched itself over to AM or XM. When this occurs, I also notice that the Auto setting for the number of favorites to display has changed to 25.

I've spoken with a Service Advisor at my Dealer and he's not heard of any such issues. He said when I bring the car in he'll give me a loaner for the day because he'll have to contact GM. But given the intermittent nature of the problem I'm concerned it's going to result in a situation like AmerLux's.

Anyone else experienced these issues?
    Hello barlowc,

Welcome to the forum! It is a great way to stay connected and get great advice from other Cadillac owners and lovers. I apologize you are experiencing issues with your ATS after owning it for such a short period of time. If you would like to discuss your concerns, can you please private message me and include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. If private message doesn't work because you are new to the forum, I can also be reached at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN LAURA".

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by cbutcho View Post
    By the way, I got the same exact issues on my 2013 non-cue ATS. I also have issues with the SD card and the USB ports as there is a "pop" or "scratch" sound everytime a new song starts and also the system will not recognise more than about 100 songs per forder. I am sure that all the issues reported are software related and I am convinced that units are all the same except that only few people reported the issues so far. I just live with the issues as I have learned to cope with them but it is quite disappointing to see that nobody at Cadillac cared about testing the unit before being released to production.
    Hello cbutcho,

I apologize you are experiencing non-cue issues with your ATS. If you would like to further discuss these concerns or have any questions, please reach out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Great to know I'm not alone on this. Hope we find fix for these issues...love this car, I just want it to work correctly.

Update: the newest radio has had the exact same issues as the previously installed units. Cadillac tech line advised my dealership to check for updates on the radio that was manufactured after the the most recent update was made available. No surprise the radio was up to date.

Service # 8 and counting...the dealership has been in constant contact with me throughout this six month ordeal and Cadillac customer service has called me 5 or 6 times they have been attentive & concerned.
    Despite all this the car is NO closer to being functional. Unresolved issues since day one back in December.

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux View Post
    Service # 8 and counting...the dealership has been in constant contact with me throughout this six month ordeal and Cadillac customer service has called me 5 or 6 times they have been attentive & concerned. Despite all this the car is NO closer to being functional. Unresolved issues since day one back in December.
    Does Georgia have any kind of Lemon Law? I'm sure it's a PITA process, but you seem to have a valid case.

Looking into that, can't see this getting resolved anytime soon.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barlowc
    Does Georgia have any kind of Lemon Law? I'm sure it's a PITA process, but you seem to have a valid case.
    Lemon Law or not, you can have the matter arbitrated by your local BBB, as long as you've tried to work it out with GM first. Contact the Council of Better Business Bureaus to learn the procedure. Unlike some manufacturers, GM has agreed to accept the decisions of volunteer arbitrators in cases that go through the CBBB's Auto Line program.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger View Post
    Lemon Law or not, you can have the matter arbitrated by your local BBB, as long as you've tried to work it out with GM first. Contact the Council of Better Business Bureaus to learn the procedure. Unlike some manufacturers, GM has agreed to accept the decisions of volunteer arbitrators in cases that go through the CBBB's Auto Line program.
    Good info. I did not know that.

Anyone know if Alan Mulally can volunteer?

Update: after the dealership having my ATS for 6 days I got it back this afternoon. The newest diagnosis is the XM radio was set to demo mode since day one. They called XM and had it reset. Lord I hope this gets it done, that being said if this was the issue all along...7 months of ownership that has been less then pleasant...its hard to believe after all the radio replacements and 9 service visits this was overlooked.

Wish me luck this time!

Good luck with that! I hope it resolves your issues. Though, it would seem strange for XM demo mode to cause so many quirks. So have you had continuous XM service without having to pay for a subscription after the initial 3 months?

My ATS is at the dealer as we speak, having the numerous system quirks diagnosed and hopefully resolved the first time. (Fingers crossed!) One very strange thing I noticed (and added to the list prior to my visit) was that the center zone in the cluster display does not even have the Phone mode that is discussed on Page 5-10 in the Owner's Manual. It only lists options for Audio, Nav, and Settings. How does a bug like that make it into the system without someone noticing?

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux View Post
    Update: after the dealership having my ATS for 6 days I got it back this afternoon. The newest diagnosis is the XM radio was set to demo mode since day one. They called XM and had it reset. Lord I hope this gets it done, that being said if this was the issue all along...7 months of ownership that has been less then pleasant...its hard to believe after all the radio replacements and 9 service visits this was overlooked.

Wish me luck this time!
    Hello AmerLux,

Thanks for the update. I hope your issues are able to be resolved. I want you to enjoy all aspects of your Cadillac! Don't hesitate to reach out to us in the near future.

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.