The Chevy SS Gets Cooled Seats But Not The ATS?.. Fail!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, The Chevy SS Gets Cooled Seats But Not The ATS?.. Fail! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I just read the pricing and release specs for the Chevy SS and it clearly listed heated and cooled seats. ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I just read the pricing and release specs for the Chevy SS and it clearly listed heated and cooled seats.
    So what gives GM?.. At least giving us an option in a "luxury" brand would be nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: The Chevy SS Gets Cooled Seats But Not The ATS?.. Fail!

They better be at least an option on the ATS-V.

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Once you've had ventilated cool seats, it's hard to do without them.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

I agree - once you have them, hard to go back. Had them on my CTS.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

I live in the north, yet still, I have to say ventilated seats are amazing. Heated seats are nice, but ventilated is even better (plus usually you get the combo anyway).

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

My DTS has cooled seats (as in cooled by the A/C) but I'd prefer ventilated with a fan. I agree that they are leaving off things from the Cadillacs that shouldn't be. I'm disappointed. Why did I pay a premium to get the wreath and crest?

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    I agree that they are leaving off things from the Cadillacs that shouldn't be. I'm disappointed. Why did I pay a premium to get the wreath and crest?
    I'm really questioning the same thing, if it's a Cadillac it should get amenities Chevy's don't, end of story.
    It's bad enough Chevy's Mylink has more functionality than CUE also.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

My DTS has cooled seats (as in cooled by the A/C) but I'd prefer ventilated with a fan. I agree that they are leaving off things from the Cadillacs that shouldn't be. I'm disappointed. Why did I pay a premium to get the wreath and crest?
    I'm starting to think because we're gullible, look what KIA can do for $40k

http://reviews.cnet.com/suv/2014-kia...-35779305.html

The second big surprise from the Sorento came when I got in and pushed an odd little button on the steering wheel. With the button's steering wheel icon, I thought it might be a heater, but instead it launched a screen in the virtual speedometer showing the tuning of the Sorento's steering gear. Pushing the button repeatedly, I could toggle through Comfort, Normal, and Sport.
    Here's to wishing/hoping Cadillac can/will add things like this to CUE and or App store for us early adopters

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I'm really questioning the same thing, if it's a Cadillac it should get amenities Chevy's don't, end of story.
    It's bad enough Chevy's Mylink has more functionality than CUE also.
    Agreed, taking this further, GMC's new intellilink IS CUE or probably CUE 2.0 improved over what we have.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

I wonder how much I can get for a used low mileage Cadillac ATS for a Chevy Impala SS?

I wonder how much I can get for a used low mileage Cadillac ATS for a Chevy Impala SS?
    hopefully Cadillac is seeing this, it seems to me the lofty mission of being "The New Standard of the World" is going to falter if they keep kicking us in the groin like this and not expect us to react to the pain and go buy the BMW we should have in the first place

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Erm... I'm finding this thread a bit of an embarrassment. I think if Cadillac is seeing this, they are likely thinking "I wish these guys hadn't bought our car in the first place". More to the point, some of the complaints seem quite valid, but the tone is unnecessarily... caustic.

There may be engineering reasons (I am thinking mostly weight, now) why Cadillac omitted ventilated seats; perhaps there are marketing reasons (they plan to introduce them in a later model year). I don't really know, and i would love to have 'em, but I knew I wasn't gettin' em when I bought the car, and the fact that a Chevy does have them doesn't lessen my enjoyment of this car.

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Erm... I'm finding this thread a bit of an embarrassment. I think if Cadillac is seeing this, they are likely thinking "I wish these guys hadn't bought our car in the first place". More to the point, some of the complaints seem quite valid, but the tone is unnecessarily... caustic.

There may be engineering reasons (I am thinking mostly weight, now) why Cadillac omitted ventilated seats; perhaps there are marketing reasons (they plan to introduce them in a later model year). I don't really know, and i would love to have 'em, but I knew I wasn't gettin' em when I bought the car, and the fact that a Chevy does have them doesn't lessen my enjoyment of this car.
    there is truth to this, it's true (at least i was told by a Cadillac rep) weight is the reason they left cooled seats off this car, the seats would have to have been bigger and heavier to accommodate the fans and/or ducting, another thing they skipped was the new cap less fuel filler introduced with the XTS, because the simple traditional way was lighter.

on the other hand, electronic programming wizardry, like the KIA adjustable steering or the tuneable vehicle dynamics 'a la BMW' or a CUE system that works, weights 'next to' nothing and would increase enthusiast owners satisfaction with the cars, since this is who the car is targeted at.
    I say next to nothing since it has been reported that the electricity on the internet weighs about as much as a strawberry, and the data on the internet weighs about as much as a grain of sand, i think the weight of the electronic programming wizardry contained within our cars is something Cadillac can add without missing a weight target.

You do have a valid point

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Really want to compare a Chevy to a Cadillac over worthless and over hyped gimmick such as seat cooling? Had it on my STS...felt creepy and was really ineffective compare to just letting the air conditioning doing it's job. Cooled seats in NO WAY COMPARES to the heated seats....you can keep them for all I care...

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I guess you guys dont want to hear about GM giving all GM 2014 vehicles from here on out free smart phone remote key fob link for 5 years free of charge after making all of us pay $20 a month for Onstar to get it and use it. lol

After having 3 ATS loaners I didnt miss the cooled seats that my CTS has because I didnt use them anyways, remote start would have been nice in the loaners so I could cool down the car prior to getting in though.
    I did notice the seat Material in ATS seems to react to the sun and heat different than the CTS the ATS seats seem to get hotter and sticky

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    After having 3 ATS loaners I didnt miss the cooled seats that my CTS has because I didnt use them anyways, remote start would have been nice in the loaners so I could cool down the car prior to getting in though.
    I did notice the seat Material in ATS seems to react to the sun and heat different than the CTS the ATS seats seem to get hotter and sticky
    That's because they gave you a Base model without adaptive remote start or leather seats....all the other models have those options; and trust me the leather seats aren't nearly as hot as those Base vinyl...IMHO coming from the STS to ATS, I find the interior to be somewhat cooler in the ATS; of course a lot depends on whether you have light interior colors or dark....agree with you, in that I don't miss that gimmicky seat cooler one bit!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.