Power steering failure - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Power steering failure in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc Hello torkibe, Have you spoken to the dealership again to try and make an ...
  1. #16
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    140

    Re: Power steering failure

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello torkibe,

    Have you spoken to the dealership again to try and make an appointment? I could call and attempt to set up an appointment for you to see if I would be able to get you in sooner. I can’t promise I will have any better luck, but I would be more than happy to try. If you would like I could call another dealership for you and set up an appointment as well. Please private message me if you would like my assistance.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care[COLOR="Silver"]
    I did, thanks. I called back and at first they tried to push me off for over a week, but when I stated it was a safety issue and I was not comfortable they gave me an appointment the next day. Somehow though, even though I was the second person in at 7:30am, and all they did was update my software/firmware (as per the TSB), my car wasn't ready until 1PM the FOLLOWING day.

    I also asked them to look into the rough idle issue, which they insisted was not an issue since ALL ATS do that. Well, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

    They also re-programmed my seat module which seems to now have the seats functioning properly.

  2. #17
    MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NORTHERN NEW YORK
    Posts
    79

    Re: Power steering failure

    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    I did, thanks. I called back and at first they tried to push me off for over a week, but when I stated it was a safety issue and I was not comfortable they gave me an appointment the next day. Somehow though, even though I was the second person in at 7:30am, and all they did was update my software/firmware (as per the TSB), my car wasn't ready until 1PM the FOLLOWING day.

    I also asked them to look into the rough idle issue, which they insisted was not an issue since ALL ATS do that. Well, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

    They also re-programmed my seat module which seems to now have the seats functioning properly.
    From speaking with the tech at the local dealer who did the QUE update apparently some of the other software updates can take several hours so it possibly could have taken most of the day if multiple updates were done,

    I assure you that despite what your dealer is saying, all 3.6’s do not have a rough idle issue. Both my current ATS and the CTS trade in idled very smoothly and quietly under all conditions. I’ve actually started to walked away from the ATS on two occasions not realizing that it was still running LOL

  3. #18
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,255

    Re: Power steering failure

    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    I did, thanks. I called back and at first they tried to push me off for over a week, but when I stated it was a safety issue and I was not comfortable they gave me an appointment the next day. Somehow though, even though I was the second person in at 7:30am, and all they did was update my software/firmware (as per the TSB), my car wasn't ready until 1PM the FOLLOWING day.

    I also asked them to look into the rough idle issue, which they insisted was not an issue since ALL ATS do that. Well, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

    They also re-programmed my seat module which seems to now have the seats functioning properly.
    Hello torkibe,

    I am happy to hear that they were able to get you in after you stated it was a safety issue and that your seats are functioning properly. I do apologize that you didn’t receive your ATS till the next day though. Have you experienced the loss of power steering after your visit? If you would like I could call them on Tuesday to discuss the rough idling issue you are experiencing. Thank you very much for responding with your update!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  4. #19
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    140

    Re: Power steering failure

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello torkibe,

    If you would like I could call them on Tuesday to discuss the rough idling issue you are experiencing. Thank you very much for responding with your update!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Well, if your intention is to call them and assure them that there is indeed a rough idle issue that is being investigated by GM/Cadillac then you are more than welcome to; however if it is just to get their opinion on the matter they are going to tell you it is a non-issue.

  5. #20
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,255

    Re: Power steering failure

    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    Well, if your intention is to call them and assure them that there is indeed a rough idle issue that is being investigated by GM/Cadillac then you are more than welcome to; however if it is just to get their opinion on the matter they are going to tell you it is a non-issue.
    Hello torkibe,

    We are working with our internal resources concerning this issue. Hopefully we will have an update in the near future. I will make sure to let you know. Have you experienced the loss of power steering since your repair has been made?

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  6. #21
    WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    58

    Re: Power steering failure

    I just got this error message yesterday. Car was sitting idle running for about 5 min on a 91 degree day. Went to back out and no power steering and warning message. Shut car off and restarted it and it was fine. Maybe it has something to do with heat?

  7. #22
    Diamondeye24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12
    I've had a similar problem with a Buick Verano. It turned out to be a loose connection. Dealership had to fix it. If it happens again get it checked out.


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting