AWD gas mileage?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, AWD gas mileage? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My wife is thinking of a dressed up AWD ATS. She is comparing it to the 328xi and wondering what ...
    Audioi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 AWD 2.0 Premium

AWD gas mileage?

My wife is thinking of a dressed up AWD ATS. She is comparing it to the 328xi and wondering what your getting for fuel mileage. Hers would either be the 2.0 or 3.6.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    , with my normal "spirited" driving, I'm averaging only 18-20 over the first 1500 miles. I purposely drove rather gently for a while but still only got maybe 22. Honestly, I expected better. I was figuring 25 for gentle driving and 20 for normal sport car driving.

Re: AWD gas mileage?

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    , with my normal "spirited" driving, I'm averaging only 18-20 over the first 1500 miles. I purposely drove rather gently for a while but still only got maybe 22. Honestly, I expected better. I was figuring 25 for gentle driving and 20 for normal sport car driving.
    Which engine/trans?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

After close to 5000 miles, you should average with auto (as I do with AWD) about 24-25 MPG combination city and highway if you get the 2.0T. No idea about the 3.6, but expect it to be less.

Hohums is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2.0T AWD here. Still in the break-in period, so easy driving, and have seen average of ~20mpg combined so far. Doing a 1hr highway stint over the weekend however I used cruise control the whole way and saw 31mpg for that trip. Note that AC has been cranked due to the weather lately, which doesn't help its case.

Personally I'm hoping for mid-20s once the engine has been run-in for a few thousand miles. Would be perfectly happy with that.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    After close to 5000 miles, you should average with auto (as I do with AWD) about 24-25 MPG combination city and highway if you get the 2.0T. No idea about the 3.6, but expect it to be less.
    They're all 6 speed autos, your results are exceptional. From what I've seen most RWD people don't see that even.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

3.6 AWD here - my commute is a mix of interstate and stoplights, and I get 22 mpg. I average about 38 mph, according to the trip computer - that should give you a feel for the mix. I don't drive it hard at all.

chadillacATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium AWD

My 2.0T AWD is averaging about 20.6 mpg right now, after 1600 miles. The best I've seen so far was just over 23 mpg after a 100 mile road trip. I'm still hoping it will continue to get better.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Audioi

Which engine/trans?
    Oh I swore I wrote that....it's the 3.6 awd auto.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

Just over 6500 miles. 2.0 AWD. Combined city/highway tankful started at 22 early on. Now 26.76 on most recent tank but more highway miles than normal.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Last week I went on a trip that included highway, city and some mountain driving. My speeds ranged from 75 mph to bumper to bumper crawling. Total miles were around 1100 miles and I kept records of all my fuel purchases. I ended up with a combined total of 28 MPG. This was with my 2.0 Premium turbo AWD.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

3.6 AWD here with 9k miles. I usually average around 21 (75% city). On long road trips with literally all highway mileage I have seen averages around 24. Nothing higher than that. Conversely, on long city stints (combined with "spirited driving") I have seen as low as 17-18.

This might be a spot where the 3 series is winning, I posted the same on a BMW group and the 2.0t seems to do much better MPG and after all since it's the wife's car she will be checking it.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Last week I went on a trip that included highway, city and some mountain driving. My speeds ranged from 75 mph to bumper to bumper crawling. Total miles were around 1100 miles and I kept records of all my fuel purchases. I ended up with a combined total of 28 MPG. This was with my 2.0 Premium turbo AWD.
    I'm averaging about the same as you and have the same configuration....it appears from what I've seen so far on these and other threads that the 2.0T is getting substantially better mileage than the 3.6....bottom line IMO it seems the MPG increases substantially over the 5000 odometer mark...

I am thinking that the new 9 speed trans will rectify the gas mileage woes on the ATS. Too bad it was not ready for the original inception of the car, just think of the reviews!
    Fix the Cue and add the trans and USA could own this segment of the market.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.