Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Autoweek review

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SLA 
#1 ·
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130531/CARREVIEWS/130539988

Nothing we don't already know.

The ATS 2.0T had me uttering words I haven’t spoken in years: “This car feels 500 pounds lighter than it is.” The chassis stiffness, suspension damping, braking and steering feel on the ATS are just about perfect. It’s fun to throw around, and I prefer it to the Mercedes-Benz C-class, BMW 3-series, Lexus IS or anything else in the category, for that matter.Where the car still falls short is the powertrain. Don’t get me wrong -- the 2.0 turbo I4 is the engine to have in the ATS, vastly better in this car than the 3.6-liter V6. The [automatic] transmission is still flabby, though, even in so-called sport mode

#3 ·
Comment on #2 post: "Read this one.."

I guess you can't make everyone happy no matter what car (is out there); the one that 'floors' me is: "doesn't feel connected to the road"; that one is almost universally the benchmark evaluation of ATS (handling). Complaining about the paint (well, duh; don't get the sparkle fleck paint), the CUE, well, at least that one is controversial (along with the rear seating). You know sometimes some reviewers just look for fault to stir controversy (and maybe garner attention; the last comment just speculation by me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.