Another article on the 2014
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Another article on the 2014 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Another article on the 2014: http://www.conceptcarz.com/z22816/Cadillac-ATS.aspx It lists an additional color: Mocha Steel Metalic in addition to the Phantom Gray, ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Another article on the 2014

Another article on the 2014: http://www.conceptcarz.com/z22816/Cadillac-ATS.aspx

It lists an additional color: Mocha Steel Metalic in addition to the Phantom Gray, Red Obsession and Majestic Plumb mentioned previously.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Re: Another article on the 2014

Cant wait to see the new colors. I wonder if all the bugs will be worked completely out (heater noise, creepy drivers seat).

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00
    Cant wait to see the new colors. I wonder if all the bugs will be worked completely out (heater noise, creepy drivers seat).
    I'm sure they will be. The new GM policy is to sweep in and fix problems flaws ASAP vs the old way of defending the flaws etc. lots if press on this yesterday as they fixed major design cues on the new Malibu in just a year !! That's awesome

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    I wouldn't get overly excited. I bet the 'new' colors are the same as the old, just renamed.

and just so we know.

this is a 'frameless' review mirror. I love it. It's exceptionally classy

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I wouldn't get overly excited. I bet the 'new' colors are the same as the old, just renamed.
    The red is very close. The Gray is more of a change. The others are completely new, at least to the ATS. But I'm pretty underwhelmed. I was disappointed in 2013 with only one non-metallic and not even a white (not counting the metal-flake one that isn't even white anyway). Still no white or other non-metallics. But Mocha Steel is much better than the Gold it replaces. The plumb will probably be more popular than the light blue it replaces, so things are probably a little better for 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    The red is very close. The Gray is more of a change. The others are completely new, at least to the ATS. But I'm pretty underwhelmed. I was disappointed in 2013 with only one non-metallic and not even a white (not counting the metal-flake one that isn't even white anyway). Still no white or other non-metallics. But Mocha Steel is much better than the Gold it replaces. The plumb will probably be more popular than the light blue it replaces, so things are probably a little better for 2014.
    I haven't seen these colors even on the net. unless I've missed them, can you link?

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I haven't seen these colors even on the net. unless I've missed them, can you link?
    Sure I posted some in another thread.

There are several sites showing small color chips. Here is one that also shows them on a small picture of a 2014 ATS:

http://www.autoguide.com/new-cars/20...wd/prices.html

It doesn't show the Mocha Steel but that is a common color on other Cadillac models and other GM brands so you can just Google it.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

In the article referenced in the OP, one can read:
    "Low vehicle mass and optimal brake sizes give the ATS braking performance that is among the best in the §egmènt, wîth Brembo brakes contributing to 60-0 performance of approximately 129 feet (39.3 meters)."
    I just hope that this is a mistyping because 129ft to fully stop 60-0 is not at all impressive! I guess such a car should be able to stop within 110ft. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    In the article referenced in the OP, one can read:
    "Low vehicle mass and optimal brake sizes give the ATS braking performance that is among the best in the §egmènt, wîth Brembo brakes contributing to 60-0 performance of approximately 129 feet (39.3 meters)."
    I just hope that this is a mistyping because 129ft to fully stop 60-0 is not at all impressive! I guess such a car should be able to stop within 110ft. Just my 2 cents.
    100% a mistype.

it's closer to 108ft. -110ft

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.