navigation problem
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donavo
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, navigation problem in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; when im looking at the map screen of my CUE, navigation destination engaged or not, my car sometimes appears to ...
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

navigation problem

when im looking at the map screen of my CUE, navigation destination engaged or not, my car sometimes appears to be on different roads. and this happens VERY often. almost at all imes, my navigation thinks im driving on the streets next to me, or off-roading through blocks or even on a mountain somewhere just gunning it at freeway speeds. sometimes when i make a turn the map thinks i turned the exact opposite way and even drives in the oppoiste way for a long time until it realizes that im not there. then the map shows my true location. this makes navigation almost completely useless. gets me further away from my destination than i was before. anyone else experiencing this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: navigation problem

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    when im looking at the map screen of my CUE, navigation destination engaged or not, my car sometimes appears to be on different roads. and this happens VERY often. almost at all imes, my navigation thinks im driving on the streets next to me, or off-roading through blocks or even on a mountain somewhere just gunning it at freeway speeds. sometimes when i make a turn the map thinks i turned the exact opposite way and even drives in the oppoiste way for a long time until it realizes that im not there. then the map shows my true location. this makes navigation almost completely useless. gets me further away from my destination than i was before. anyone else experiencing this?
    Hello donavo,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your navigation system. I understand how this can be very frustrating. Have you had the CUE update performed on your vehicle yet?

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello donavo,

I am sorry you are experiencing these issues with your navigation system. I understand how this can be very frustrating. Have you had the CUE update performed on your vehicle yet?

Regards,

Laura M.
    i took delivery of my car about a month ago and the dealer got the car shortly before that. they said the CUE was already the latest version before they got the car. and they verified it too. but i havent told them about the navigation issue yet. didnt really think much of it.

i took delivery of my car about a month ago and the dealer got the car shortly before that. they said the CUE was already the latest version before they got the car. and they verified it too. but i havent told them about the navigation issue yet. didnt really think much of it.
    Thanks for the update donavo, and good to know your CUE system was the latest version before you got your vehicle. I am unable to offer technical advice on vehicle issues, however I am providing you with the CUE service phone number. It is 855-428-3669, Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Seven days a week. Please private message me if you need further assistance so we can continue to interact to try and resolve your issue.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Update on the navigation problem. Took it to dealer and was half expecting the navigation to suddenly lose all problems when someone else is watching it. Lucky it didn't. Dealer confirmed the car was having GPS issues. Gave me a CTS loaner and after like 3 days it was fixed. Apparently someone at the factory accidentally put a certain gyroscope module upside down. At least that's how they explained it. Anyway they fixed it and now I'm happy.

On a side note, they told me that in about a month, they will release roof spoilers, body kits, and a new rear diffuser. Looking forward to that.
    stevenzoz likes this.

Update on the navigation problem. Took it to dealer and was half expecting the navigation to suddenly lose all problems when someone else is watching it. Lucky it didn't. Dealer confirmed the car was having GPS issues. Gave me a CTS loaner and after like 3 days it was fixed. Apparently someone at the factory accidentally put a certain gyroscope module upside down. At least that's how they explained it. Anyway they fixed it and now I'm happy.

On a side note, they told me that in about a month, they will release roof spoilers, body kits, and a new rear diffuser. Looking forward to that.
    Hello donavo,

I am very happy to hear that the dealership was able to fix the issue you were experiencing with the GPS on your ATS. I hope that the vehicle is working to your satisfaction as of now. Please feel free to private message us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.