Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Future of ATS & CUE!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  pissedoffwookiee 
#1 ·
Hey guys just read some exciting news on Engadget about Cue getting an extreme update with APPS (FINALLY!) All powered under AT&T & On Star. Now in the video it does say they are planning to release it by 2014, so what I would like to know is will current ATS's be able to upgrade to this new system. I've been holding off on the ATS waiting to see if Cadillac releases all these awesome apps just as other Car makers have and debating on an ATS for a while since no major CUE update has really come along, but this will definitely push me forward I see an improvement like this! What do you guys think about the new system. I've included a link below with the site and video. Enjoy!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/gm-and-atandt-demo-lte-enabled-onstar-connected-vehicle-hands-on/#continued

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
The CUE RPO codes are irrelevant - what matters is the actual CUE module installed in the car - and from what I've heard the modules we have (which some initial cars were upgraded to when the first CUE patch hit) includes some "currently unused and future-proof hardware".

The App Store will be coming with the next big CUE update from what I've been told. Past that I don't know.

#6 ·
They better allow 2013 cars to have this. They talked so much about how the hardware was more advanced then they needed to "future-proof" it. I need a simple app: calculate the optimum fill up strategy along my (long) route so I pay the least money as possible for gas. Like "Gas Buddy" meets "Navigation" meets "Driving Range".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.