Future of ATS & CUE!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Future of ATS & CUE! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys just read some exciting news on Engadget about Cue getting an extreme update with APPS (FINALLY!) All powered ...
    BXSteph419 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Future of ATS & CUE!

Hey guys just read some exciting news on Engadget about Cue getting an extreme update with APPS (FINALLY!) All powered under AT&T & On Star. Now in the video it does say they are planning to release it by 2014, so what I would like to know is will current ATS's be able to upgrade to this new system. I've been holding off on the ATS waiting to see if Cadillac releases all these awesome apps just as other Car makers have and debating on an ATS for a while since no major CUE update has really come along, but this will definitely push me forward I see an improvement like this! What do you guys think about the new system. I've included a link below with the site and video. Enjoy!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/g...-on/#continued

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: Future of ATS & CUE!

I would assume it does (upgradeable) since they are using a 2013 to demonstrate on. That's the whole point of the CUE system....upgrades; don't believe this is anything more than a software upgrade (no additional hardware) with the system working through Onstar.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

All the 2014 ATS CUE variations have new RPOs. Lets hope it isn't for extra/better hardware needed for the new software.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I would assume it does (upgradeable) since they are using a 2013 to demonstrate on.
    FYI The video says this will be available for 2015 model year models in calendar year 2014. So its been jammed into some pre-2015 model for the demo but I'm not sure why you say its a 2013. I don't see that mentioned in the article or video and the steering wheel in the top picture looks like it has a thicker ring which is one of a very few visual differences for 2014.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

The CUE RPO codes are irrelevant - what matters is the actual CUE module installed in the car - and from what I've heard the modules we have (which some initial cars were upgraded to when the first CUE patch hit) includes some "currently unused and future-proof hardware".

The App Store will be coming with the next big CUE update from what I've been told. Past that I don't know.

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    None of the AT&T lte hardware is in the car. The HMI module is very flexible and there is framework for apps in the current cue release as well.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

They better allow 2013 cars to have this. They talked so much about how the hardware was more advanced then they needed to "future-proof" it. I need a simple app: calculate the optimum fill up strategy along my (long) route so I pay the least money as possible for gas. Like "Gas Buddy" meets "Navigation" meets "Driving Range".

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

that's a good idea, i think another would be a software radar detector, using the cars sensors to buzz the safety alert seat when it detects cops, and use our phone internet to download speed traps and again alert using the seat

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.