Few Questions - Thinking about buying an ATS - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Few Questions - Thinking about buying an ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Test drive one with MRC. MRC in my 630hp CTS-V allowed me to rip it up at VIR and then ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Test drive one with MRC. MRC in my 630hp CTS-V allowed me to rip it up at VIR and then have a comfortable drive home...

WrightSports is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Few Questions - Thinking about buying an ATS

Going to start the long process either next week or week after .. Going to test drive the heck out of it and work as many dealerships as I can to get the best deal ... Next, decision is whether to lease or not but first I want to decide if the ATS is what I am looking for ... I love the way it looks ... Anyone have one that has
    issues with interior quality or quality overall or is car the real thing?

LovemyATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightSports
    Going to start the long process either next week or week after .. Going to test drive the heck out of it and work as many dealerships as I can to get the best deal ... Next, decision is whether to lease or not but first I want to decide if the ATS is what I am looking for ... I love the way it looks ... Anyone have one that has
    issues with interior quality or quality overall or is car the real thing?
    It is the real thing, in my opinion. I've been nothing but impressed with all aspects of it after 5,000 miles.
    WrightSports and WrightSports like this.

WrightSports is offline Cadillac Owners Member

that is great to hear ... thanks!

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    Hi there . I have the ATS luxury 2.5 I4, with the CUE AMD brembo brakes & 225/45R17 tires/rims(rims are machine polished aluminium w clear coat) and metallic blue. It is a looker.
    Don't get the 2.0 ltr turbo it use premium gas instead of regular and the mpg is not much different. Just about 70 up difference. But really you cannot tell the difference when your driving.
    Good luck on your choice. This car has chance my mind about GM, I used to be a Honda guy, this is my second Cadillac in 4 yrs.

----------

Reply to your last post.
    It's the real deal, I'm enjoying every single mile I'm setting in this car. But isn't perfect. Some minor quality & fit issues inside & out. Not noticeable at first but they are there. Like the crime around the windows is not perfectly align, some bad switching in the seats, body paint not apply evenly.
    Don't get me wrong, just my O C D acting out.
    I was going to lease but the dealer a got mine from let Mr take the model I wanted for the weekend, not thevsamr color forfeiture but mechanically the same. So I finance the purchase.
    Great choice made, I can see this being a classic in 30 yrs from now.

Hohums is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by desmar View Post
    Don't get the 2.0 ltr turbo it use premium gas instead of regular and the mpg is not much different. Just about 70 up difference. But really you cannot tell the difference when your driving.
    Sorry to correct you there, but the 2.0T does not require premium gas, it just recommends it. You can run it just fine on regular.

The base 2.5L is a solid engine and puts of perfectly acceptable power for day-to-day use. It's also the most economical unit. I still stick by the opinion that the 2.0T is the best compromise of power and economy for this chassis however. Be interested to hear what you think after a test drive.

Oh, and in terms of interior quality - I actually like the ATS interior the most out of all the cars in its segment. The Mercedes has too many buttons and dials, the BMW 3-series is nice (but too minimalist for my tastes), and the Audi A4 felt like sitting in someone's old 1980's Casio wrist watch... Really feel that GM nailed the interior quality thing with the ATS, at least for my own personal preference.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

Hi hohums, I agree with in regards to the other vehicles.
    Just want thing though, in my opinion if a vehicle recommends 87 oct. You use it and if it recommends to use 91 oct you use it. Even though you may not notice the difference, but it will prevent knocking for one.
    Also remember your warranty, if something were to happen to the the fuel,emission systems and engine ,you may not be be cover because the "recommendations" were not followed.
    I owned a 07 srx4, it recommends mobil1 oil, it's expensive and have use it since day one, even now that warranty had expired I'm still using it, & have not had any issues. Just my opinion!.
    Yes I test drove all the 3 different engines, yes 2ltr is very good but for me 2.5 ltr met my needs.

Hohums is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yup and I completely agree that following the recommendations is the way to go. My point was just that, unlike one of the German sedans, it's not actually required to run 91 octane. It's a selling feature that you don't actually require it to run the car, so I doubt they would invalidate the warranty over that. All that said though, I put 91 Oct in my 2.0T and it runs great

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohums
    Yup and I completely agree that following the recommendations is the way to go. My point was just that, unlike one of the German sedans, it's not actually required to run 91 octane. It's a selling feature that you don't actually require it to run the car, so I doubt they would invalidate the warranty over that. All that said though, I put 91 Oct in my 2.0T and it runs great
    Actually when you figure out the difference in cost between 87 and 91 octane, on average about 10c a litre difference in Southern Ontario, it will only cost you around $200 a year to use 91 (of course, depending on how much you drive)

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    My suggestions: Don't be fooled by the initial ride...the ATS is a tightly wound car; after the first 2000 miles I notice a BIG difference in road comfort; not a boat, but very smooth and responsive IMHO. Second, stay away from Base or Luxury models and go for either the Premium or Performance addition; as the very least get The Performance....it will give you the HIDs plus the LED headlights, lighted handles etc. plus a lot more options for a few thousand more. There are numerous "how can I modify my ATS for HID & LEDS" from Luxury owners who are now trying to get these options after the fact; almost impossible and quite costly. After market LEDS just don't make it; look nothing like originals. You really can't get or duplicate motorized HIDs. I myself have the 2.0T Premium AWD in Diamond white with Brownstone interior with sunroof, polished wheels, and cold weather pkg & driver awareness. .....absolutely love it and have no need to add on options....
    hats off to you for being able to afford the upper trims good sir.

Hi everyone
    Does anyone has an ATS with the Brembo brakes options.
    Want to here what you think.
    In my opinion they complete the driving dynamics of the ATS.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Too lazy to quote...

It is my understanding that the difference between 87 and 91 in the turbo is a HP gain with the 91, not an MPG gain. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    hats off to you for being able to afford the upper trims good sir.
    IMHO, if you're venturing into Cadillac territory, the couple thou difference between what you get in performance versus luxury is pretty dramatic....too many posts lately about being disappointed in lack of LEDS, HIDS, etc and confusion between those 2 trims. Some drivers want nothing but the basics, and that's great too. He asked for recommendations and I gave mine.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

2.0T manual RWD checkin in!

its a phenomenal car, me being a student I couldn't/shouldn't have gotten the upper trims, but this car is seriously a blast.

RWD, Stick, Limited slip diff, great sound system (IMHO) BEAUTIFUL lookin car, the 2.0T f***'n hustles, sublime chassis, Brembo brakes!!(standard on the 2.0) ... I could go on and on but it truly is a great car and I love it more and more each time I drive it.

I dont have factory HID's but I'm over it, I ordered aftermarket ones, so no big deal.

if you can get a good deal/decent lease rate just do it, seriously, you wont be disappointed, and if you're into tuning at all, the LTG really is an angry beast, its just, chained down from the factory

** oh and desmar, the Brembo's are perfect, engage high and grab like a vise, I LOVE them

Hey stevo supremo, you r rite this car is a blast, handles like in rails & stops like you just and imaginary wall.
    Regarding trims levels they all r great. Is whether u want pickles or bacon or all the trimmings in ur burger. Is ur choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.