CUE Home Screen
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By meve3kir
  • 2 Post By rustybear3
  • 2 Post By hood101010
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Home Screen in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Does anyone know how to make the clock face become the CUE home screen? What about clock showing when the ...
    meve3kir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS, Luxury, AWD, Turbo, Silver Coast/Light Platinum,Sunroof

CUE Home Screen

Does anyone know how to make the clock face become the CUE home screen? What about clock showing when the engine starts?
    donavo and donavo like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: CUE Home Screen

1. You can't
    2. Only displays if CUE is turned off

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

all you can do is touch the time in the corner and the clock will appear with a navigation bar at bottom but that will go away after a minute leaving only the clock

Hohums is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Although I would love to see some customisation options for CUE, I can see why they don't exist. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as they say, and trying to support the legions of Caddy owners who accidentally screwed up their CUE system and want tech support, is probably not appealing to GM.

That said, maybe a middle-ground option where you could ask the dealer to make modifications to CUE would be an option?

Eventually,we'll probably be able to customize CUE down the line......give it time....it's brand new technology and will take a few years to perfect...

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Eventually,we'll probably be able to customize CUE down the line......give it time....it's brand new technology and will take a few years to perfect...
    This

EvanZaiNa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t 6MT

I'm very excited about the prospect that CUE is upgradable via USB sticks!
    It's great to think that any minor/major problems can potentially be fixed with a quick patch.
    I'm sure there's some tech savvy owner out there who can hack and customize.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I generally agree. But by then, the consumer electronics industry will be even more advanced, and CUE will seem antiquated. There is no way a proprietary auto company platform can keep up. The whole premise is flawed. Maybe something like CloudCar is the answer, maybe not. I'm no futurist, who knows. :-)

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

All of my needs are on my phone. All I need from CUE or any car going forward is to be a handsfree interface for my phone. As the phone manufactures battle for supremacy the auto industry will always fall behind and take calculated risks on how their equipment does or does not sync with phones. I do not and will never own an Iphone so I lose interface options on this and other cars. CUE for now is adequate and will improve. Until Google Maps and all it benefits are my in car nav I will remain disappointed. In general I would just like the CUE screen and voice recognition be an extension of my phone and its tools and apps.
    huna and huna like this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Hohums View Post
    Although I would love to see some customisation options for CUE, I can see why they don't exist. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as they say, and trying to support the legions of Caddy owners who accidentally screwed up their CUE system and want tech support, is probably not appealing to GM.

That said, maybe a middle-ground option where you could ask the dealer to make modifications to CUE would be an option?
    this is truth, but Caddy could do this if they get a little brave and open up the platform, let people write apps and allow them to be side loaded but keep it in a sandbox (ie, not allowing hacks and apps access vehicle systems) and the community will provide a plethora of fun things to do.

as far as support goes, I've seen other platforms support open products by resetting the system to a known configuration, the conversation would be something like:

Cueser: "my flosamflip doesn't work when I hit the icon"

Cue support: "Sorry to hear that, lets check out the flosamflip, first go to settings and restore factory defaults....done OK try the flosamflip.....it works, good, probably a problem with the app you just installed contact them for assistance, and feel free to call us back if you have any other issues"

or:

"the flosamflip still doesn't work, OK let take the steps to get you fixed"......

could be done

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    All of my needs are on my phone. All I need from CUE or any car going forward is to be a handsfree interface for my phone. As the phone manufactures battle for supremacy the auto industry will always fall behind and take calculated risks on how their equipment does or does not sync with phones. I do not and will never own an Iphone so I lose interface options on this and other cars. CUE for now is adequate and will improve. Until Google Maps and all it benefits are my in car nav I will remain disappointed. In general I would just like the CUE screen and voice recognition be an extension of my phone and its tools and apps.
    I guess what people must keep in mind is that not everyone has a smartphone (or has need for one), so CUE has to be more than just an extension of those phones to a certain degree. The fact that you can get weather and traffic updates etc, through the NAV system is pretty nice for those people that don't have those phones. That being said, I love the fact that my IPHONE can be so readily adaptable to this CUE system and look forward to additional apps that improve my driving experience.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

It's funny, I've had my ATS for three weeks now and about the only thing that I really miss about my CTS, other than the ventilated seats, is the analog, in your face, always on clock !!
    As much as the geek side of me loves the CUE system, sometime retro does work

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by mbk2010 View Post
    It's funny, I've had my ATS for three weeks now and about the only thing that I really miss about my CTS, other than the ventilated seats, is the analog, in your face, always on clock !!
    As much as the geek side of me loves the CUE system, sometime retro does work
    Just have the big analog clock on the CUE screen. I don't think you can't make it default but just touch the clock icon after the car is running. The other icons will fade away in a few seconds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.