Leasing the loaner vehicle with 3300 miles for a huge discount?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Leasing the loaner vehicle with 3300 miles for a huge discount? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys i was wondering what you thought about this. Ive been looking at 2.0t standard atss', but after my ...
    netring is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Leasing the loaner vehicle with 3300 miles for a huge discount?

Hey guys i was wondering what you thought about this.
    Ive been looking at 2.0t standard atss', but after my recent trip to another dealer, i was offered a 3.6 luxury model with 3300 miles for about the starting price of the base ats(huge discount). I am planning on leasing the
    car for now and most likely buying it in 3 years. My only worry is that it has been tortured to all hell as a loaner vehicle.
    I sat in the car and it seems smells new.
    Should i do it or go for the lower priced fresh out of the plant 2.0 standard or this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Leasing the loaner vehicle with 3300 miles for a huge discount?

3,300 miles is pretty good for a rental vehicle.

My personal opinion, as someone that has worked for a car rental company. IF it's in excellent condition , go for it.

Well when they showed it to me it had just been in a very small accident, just some light scratches on the front bumper but they will be replacing the whole bumper. Also some curb rash on the right tire that will be replaced.
    Other than that it drove perfectly fine and with a good detailing would look 100% brand new.
    Biggest issue for me is just trying to convince myself that i really am saving over 9k on the price of this car in return for the slight annoyance of knowing it was probably tortured by more than a couple of people for its first 3300 miles.
    Still think i should do it?

Quote Originally Posted by netring View Post
    Well when they showed it to me it had just been in a very small accident, just some light scratches on the front bumper but they will be replacing the whole bumper. Also some curb rash on the right tire that will be replaced.
    Other than that it drove perfectly fine and with a good detailing would look 100% brand new.
    Biggest issue for me is just trying to convince myself that i really am saving over 9k on the price of this car in return for the slight annoyance of knowing it was probably tortured by more than a couple of people for its first 3300 miles.
    Still think i should do it?
    The leasing company isn't going to care what's damaged on it (nor should you) as long as it's repaired correctly.

If you were talking about long ownership that's a whole different story in that used pricing on this vehicle hasn't been established that well, so it's a real gamble what it might be worth being a dealership rental with accident history, ect.

But it's not. If they're willing to give you a 2.5's lease rate for a 3.6, that's a mighty fine deal that you won't find anywhere else.

Rental cars are not dealer loaner cars, and 'torture' is a relative term.

There's honestly only so much damage one can do to a car in the normal course of driving it..and I suspect that people turning in their CTS's for service and receiving this ATS are not off-roading with it, doing tire-burning or red-lining the car when it's dead cold.

99% of people are going to just drive it normally, and that's the truth.

Stuntman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I heard a comedienne say once buying a rental car is like going to a whorehouse to find a wife.

I know that every rental I had, I drove hard. Very hard. I wasn't doing neutral drops or vaulting curbs, but I would be very concerned about owning one.
    As long as the warranties are there, I guess it's a judgement call.

Good Luck,
    Lou
    11' CTS Coupe

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I always treated every rental car as my own. Didn't beat on it, parked it far away from the door and other cars, etc...
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I always treated every rental car as my own. Didn't beat on it, parked it far away from the door and other cars, etc...
    Most sane people... understand that they're responsible for damage to the rental car, and treat it reasonably well as such. Even tire punctures ultimately are your responsibility.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

I would recommend leasing this one and making sure it's something you want to own. When your lease is done, you can trade it in for the more refined version of ATS. And buy that one.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Just think about what you might be giving up. I've known people who were later missirable because they couldn't get over a great deal car not having the color, engine, transmission or options they wanted. I don't think most people are prone to that, but I thought I would mentioning it just in case.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Me too.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Just think about what you might be giving up. I've known people who were later missirable because they couldn't get over a great deal car not having the color, engine, transmission or options they wanted. I don't think most people are prone to that, but I thought I would mentioning it just in case.
    I think this is a very valid point. If the ATS is the car you want, and you are looking at the entry level trim because price is the determining factor, then taking this deal for much more car for the same or less payment is probably good. But if it's not really the exact car you want, then three years is a loooong time to be paying at $x per month, regardless of the value of "x".

Thank you guys,
    I decided im going to go with this car. With my other option i would have gotten something i kinda liked. This one truly has all the bells and whistles i want at my age for a fun to drive car.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by netring
    Thank you guys,
    I decided im going to go with this car. With my other option i would have gotten something i kinda liked. This one truly has all the bells and whistles i want at my age for a fun to drive car.
    It should be fine drive and enjoy it.!

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Just make sure you don't mind not having the options that are in the two higher models.

I am missing the fog and hid lights, but i am only 22 and this is more than enough car for me at this age.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.