Some easy questions
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Some easy questions in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Number one, does my luxury manual tranny ats have magnetic ride or not? Number 2, the rim is said to ...
    donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Some easy questions

Number one, does my luxury manual tranny ats have magnetic ride or not?

Number 2, the rim is said to be 17 inches. The tire says its 17 inches. I measure the rim and its over 18 inches. I measure my friends stock 18 inch rim on his is350, its a quarter inch larger than mine. Why?

Number 3, if u have cue, u have the best sound system? I counted 10 speaker covers but i dont trust that number since on my previous car, the base model had all the spaces for the premium speaker setup but was missing speakers under some of the covers.

Number 4, magnetic ride controlls the hight of the car? Sport mode makes the car lower? Or just stiffens the suspension?

Number 5, does the car benefit if the piping after the cat is increased to 3 inches? Or does all the piping b4 the cat already ruin any piping size increase that is done after the cat?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hohums is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Some easy questions

No expert here, but I will take a stab at your questions:

1. The Luxury pack doesn't have MRC, nor do I think it's even available.

2. Some inches are bigger than others........

3. CUE w/navigation has the Bose premium 10SPK system. Standard CUE is 7-speaker if I recall.

4. I believe that MRC controls the how firm the suspension is, but doesn't alter the ride height of the car. May be totally wrong here.

5. Absolutely no clue sorry!

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hohums View Post
    No expert here, but I will take a stab at your questions:

1. The Luxury pack doesn't have MRC, nor do I think it's even available.

2. Some inches are bigger than others........

3. CUE w/navigation has the Bose premium 10SPK system. Standard CUE is 7-speaker if I recall.

4. I believe that MRC controls the how firm the suspension is, but doesn't alter the ride height of the car. May be totally wrong here.

5. Absolutely no clue sorry!
    Is there any confirmation that you have about mrc not being there on the luxury? Cuz the places I looked said that all but the base trim have mrc...

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    Is there any confirmation that you have about mrc not being there on the luxury? Cuz the places I looked said that all but the base trim have mrc...
    MRC is only available on the Premium RWD drive models only! Cadillac ATS website has all that info on the compare models section....

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Believe that MRC is only on the premium RWD models but you can look at the Cadillac website to confirm this. It changes the dampening characteristics of the shocks and only affects the firmness of the ride.

The question on the wheel size maybe related to the fact that you have Michelin run flat tires which require a different wheel design?

Pete7874 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '02 BMW 530i; '08 MB C300 4Matic

Not. Only Premium RWD has MRC, as others already noted.

Number 2, the rim is said to be 17 inches. The tire says its 17 inches. I measure the rim and its over 18 inches. I measure my friends stock 18 inch rim on his is350, its a quarter inch larger than mine. Why?
    You're probably measuring it incorrectly. Different rim designs have different lip sizes, etc.

Stevo Supremo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

No, premo only
    18" are easily recognized, google it and you'll see the 2 different styles, one has a bunch of chrome "Spokes" (kinda looks like a carriage wheel) and the other is just a weird bendy spoke esign
    Number 3, if u have cue, u have the best sound system? I counted 10 speaker covers but i dont trust that number since on my previous car, the base model had all the spaces for the premium speaker setup but was missing speakers under some of the covers.
    cue has 10 speaker, base radio has 7..but TBH I couldn't tell a damned difference
    Number 4, magnetic ride controlls the hight of the car? Sport mode makes the car lower? Or just stiffens the suspension?
    firmness
    Number 5, does the car benefit if the piping after the cat is increased to 3 inches? Or does all the piping b4 the cat already ruin any piping size increase that is done after the cat?
    an exhaust system is only as free as its narrowest part.
    Thanks

donavo and donavo like this.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Cue with nav gets the 10 speaker premium sound. Without nav it gets the 7 speaker std sound.

Stevo Supremo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Cue with nav gets the 10 speaker premium sound. Without nav it gets the 7 speaker std sound.
    sorry lol meant to say that, I dont have the cue system so for some reason I always think all CUE has nav

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-s...equipment.html

In regard to MRC (questions 1 and 4):

MRC is only available on premium, and I believe you need to have RWD to get it. Also, MRC only adjusts "stiffness" and not ride height (to be non-technical).

In regard to the speakers (question 3):

Base model cars sans CUE have 7 speakers. If you get CUE, you get the 10 speaker system and a CD player in the glove box.

Luxury comes standard with CUE and 7 speakers. If you get navigation, you get 10 speakers.

Performance and Premium come standard with 10 speakers.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    A chart I got from a dealer when I started researching shows 10 speaker in the Base with CUE and Navigation isn't available in the base. The upgraded stereo and the free iPad (easily sold for $500) made a base without Cue a very big missed opportunity.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Not answering questions, but a comment. Several weeks back when I was buying, the sound system and magnetic ride were the same 2 things I was asking about. Never drive mrc but others said it was great. In my opinion it's useless to put it only on the rwd model. Why not awd?? I'm also somewhat disappointed with the 7 speaker system, others have also said the 10 is MUCH better.

ryan edwards is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey gang. Have an 08 ext full load. But cannot find aux or rear input category anywhere on my screen. Want to listen to I pod Any suggestions ?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan edwards View Post
    Hey gang. Have an 08 ext full load. But cannot find aux or rear input category anywhere on my screen. Want to listen to I pod Any suggestions ?
    wrong forum section ... try posting a new thread (with more information/details) in the escalade forum
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    But...he's got a full load...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.