Has anyone complemented your ATS?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Has anyone complemented your ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I've had my ATS luxury in Thunder Gray since last October. Not once has anyone complemented me on it or ...
    AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Has anyone complemented your ATS?

I've had my ATS luxury in Thunder Gray since last October. Not once has anyone complemented me on it or asked any questions about it. I haven't even noticed anyone checking it out in traffic. I'm kind if miffed. To this day people stil complement me at gas stations or in parking lts about my 2007 Black Raven DTS. I used to get complements all the time about my 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I mean people would want me to open that car up and show it to them. But my ATS... Nada. I think it's a sexy car, so I don't get the lack of attention. When it was in for service I got complements on the CTS loaner! What gives?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MD-11 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe, 12 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Has anyone complemented your ATS?

CTS looks better Couldn't resist that

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

I get compliments all the time, but mine is opulent blue, so eyeballs stick to it. I love the grey, so let me be the first to say, NICE CAR DUDE!!!

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I got my diamond white Premium last year (October) and was constantly bombarded with questions and compliments at gas stations, etc., especially since so few on them were on the road. The LEDS especially were a hit. They really get people's attention (and mine as well). It's coming up to a year now since the car's been released, so not as new or unique anymore. But I still get the occasional oohs and aahs , when it's lit up at night with handles etc. I also get honks and thumbs up on the roads...

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

I've received two complements from 20-something strangers who loved my "CTS". I don't mind because I have another car that gets constant attention and I make new friends whenever I drive it.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

I've had several people ask me about it and the obligatory compliments from neighbors. I've also had several people show disbelief, then approval when they see it is an MT (but I think they are just happy that Cadillac offered it). Think about it though, would you compliment some random person on their 3 Series, or better yet, their C Class or IS? "Hey man, that is a great looking entry level Mercedes with an automatic transmission. Awesome! I bet you like telling people you drive an MB!" I don't think so.

Now, before I start problems with implying that "entry level" has negative connotations . . . Entry level is really just the physical size of the car. If you want a small sports sedan, this is it. It's not because your poor that you bought an "entry level" car, I was just making a point in the above example.

Long story short, now that the car has been out there for awhile and they aren't as few and far between, I wouldn't expect a lot of attention. Honestly, how often are you driving down the road and you see a 356/C1 Fuelie/2002 Turbo/GT3RS/etc. or something like that that is truly impressive and gives you a sudden urge to complement strangers?

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I hadn't gotten two blocks from the dealer before I got my first complement. Then, I received one the very next day When I parked to go in and have some lunch. Then they dropped off for a while but recently I got a couple complements and stares within the last week

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

People ask me all the time about mine. Though they been out a while I honestly have only seen 2 on the road in the same day at that. What amazes me is the people that comment. They range from the old timer staring at it when I walked out of Walgreen's the other day to the tatted guy that looked right out of state prison. The only car that got equal attention that I owned was my old Honda S2000 (What a great car).

I also don't understand why I don't see more on the road. I live in the Bay Area where you see BMW's and Mercedes like Civics in the rest of the US. I never saw so many 40K+ cars on the road until I moved here. Like I mentioned above, I have only seen 2 ATS's on the road and both within 20 minutes of each other.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yeah I get people complimenting it all the time, and being so young I've had a bunch of

"nice car! who'd ya steal it from"

"that your dads car?"

etc etc

I'm not like NO! I work hard, its my car! lol

josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I got compliments in the first few weeks. Had a full out conversation at a gas station, and someone yelled at me in the street: "nice car!" I have it in Crystal Red, so the color is also often complimented. But the best one was a couple days ago in the movie theater parking lot.
    A boy about 7 years old, walking along with his parents, points at the car and tell his dad: "look that's the car, it's so cool." I instantly remembered falling in love with cars as a child and how one's imagination runs wild.
    This car is art on wheels, it's like have visitors appreciate the paintings on your wall.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Maybe it's the Thunder Gray. One thing about that color is that is absolutely MUST be kept clean, otherwise it's just plain old gray.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    Maybe it's the Thunder Gray. One thing about that color is that is absolutely MUST be kept clean, otherwise it's just plain old gray.
    that was my thinking when I bought the car, I wanted a color that wouldn't hide the body details and it had to be traded for and it had to have CUE, I was primarily looking for silver, red, blue and the blue popped up first in availability, so I bought it.

interestingly, like a previous poster noted, I would say half the compliments I get are for the color not the model.

MyfirstCad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Thundergray 13 ATS Performance V6

I received compliments from from men and women, mid 20's to 60's. Everyone really loves styling, inside and out...especially the red threads in the carbon fiber that match the leather.

bollyjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

Received a compliment from a worker at a McDonalds drive-thru. I have ATS Luxary trim with Black Diamond Tricoat with Red Interior, so it pops. Dont' have the HID Headlamps though

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I think the color makes a big difference. The grey colors are very nuetral and don't stand out even though they have a very luxurious look to them. My first Audi was all black and it never got much attention unless it was all polished up. My second Audi was bright red and it was an attention getter for sure. I got so many looks and compliments on that car. I think the red ATS will get way more attention than any other color. I do get looks when driving my black ATS but they look like any other late model caddy on the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.