Has anyone complemented your ATS? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Has anyone complemented your ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a Crystal Red 3.6 Premium and get questions and comments all the time. My wife came out of ...
    rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    I have a Crystal Red 3.6 Premium and get questions and comments all the time. My wife came out of the grocery store and she told me there were a group of people standing around the car. Her first thought was someone hit it or something. But no, just a couple of car guys admiring the car. At stop lights, gas stations and even driving through the mall parking lot I get the stares and thumbs up. It has tapered off though as the car has been out for awhile now.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a black 3.6 Luxury with Red Morello interior and I definitely get compliments, but not as many as I am used to. Most of them are on the interior or the speed and handling from passengers, but have also gotten some love at the gas station too. Coming from my old vehicle a 2007 Avalanche, everyone used to tell me that was the nicest truck they had seen. Maybe I am spoiled, because I also have a Ducati Diavel which always has people stopped looking at it and taking pictures when I come out of a store or restaurant. Tha ATS wants love too!

kmb32687 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD Manual

Re: Has anyone complemented your ATS?

A lot of old people came up to me and ask questions. Some motorsport people came up to me too. They were surprise that ATS have turbo, RWD and manual. A lot of people though my ATS come with AWD or FWD. And automatic.

I raced with bone stock 2013 sti and beat him about 2 car length. He looks shocked and followed me to gas station. He asked me a lot of question about my car. Last thing he said "what a sleeper car". :-)

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Yes. Almost every time that I go to the car wash.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

I took my car to a detailer for a wash and wax today: the mechanic from the neighbouring garage come over just to take a look at it.

My next door neighbour and I also have a bit of a running gag these days where every time he sees me he says "Nice car!" to which I respond "Thanks! Wanna buy a Lotus?" (I am trying to sell one): but in seriousness, he does seem to be pretty impressed with it.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Rongotti View Post
    I have a black 3.6 Luxury with Red Morello interior and I definitely get compliments, but not as many as I am used to. Most of them are on the interior or the speed and handling from passengers, but have also gotten some love at the gas station too. Coming from my old vehicle a 2007 Avalanche, everyone used to tell me that was the nicest truck they had seen. Maybe I am spoiled, because I also have a Ducati Diavel which always has people stopped looking at it and taking pictures when I come out of a store or restaurant. Tha ATS wants love too!
    You had me until you said Avalanche. Yikes. (No offense.)

None taken, the Avy got more love than any other vehicle I have owned. Lol
    Attached Images

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Rongotti View Post
    None taken, the Avy got more love than any other vehicle I have owned. Lol
    You know what, in black and with your setup, that actually looks good to me. Bravo to you.

Haha thank you sir! The rims actually sold me on the truck, I rode by the dealership and saw that set up and grabbed a new one off the lot and had them put the rims from the used on on my truck.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

My ATS got complimented by two homeless ladies on my lunch break today, I guess if I were younger, homeless and needed a car to up my game, I now know what car to get.
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

A lot has to do with colour I think. I have a Silver Coast Metallic ATS. I know Old Mans Color, I'm an oldman and I've had a ton of cars all colors. I chose the ATS on different criteria and really could careless about the color. You get that way after a time. . This week the ATS was in the shop all week (see oil leak thread). They gave me a new Buick Regal Black. I received more comments on the Regal than the Caddy.

AL

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

While not a complement, when I first bought the car I took it in for its first wash. The man in front of me knew what it was. (This was last October when I had the first one in my area) and he said " Oh, you're on the bleeding edge". He was right.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Here are some pics of mine: image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

I get compliments all the time, thou I have the opulent blue and I painted my calipers red - front and back with Brembo insignias...

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Yes; almost daily. Most often it's by someone "in the know" about cars. Frequently though, its about the Black Diamond Tri-Coat paint.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.