Anyone notice review models lack a sunroof? - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Anyone notice review models lack a sunroof? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by RemaxAl Precisely JSATS! People on this forum seem to get there backs up over nothing???? Love the ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Anyone notice review models lack a sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl View Post
    Precisely JSATS! People on this forum seem to get there backs up over nothing???? Love the rag top pic.
    You forget that unless someone buys the exact same car as you did, they are in effect saying you made a bad choice.

Since its VERY unlikely anyone bought a car exactly like mine, I just automatically punch everyone I meet in the face for diss'ing me.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    You forget that unless someone buys the exact same car as you did, they are in effect saying you made a bad choice.

Since its VERY unlikely anyone bought a car exactly like mine, I just automatically punch everyone I meet in the face.
    I like your style...

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl View Post
    Precisely JSATS! People on this forum seem to get there backs up over nothing???? Love the rag top pic.
    Nobody is getting their backs up over nothing....you're the one dissing sunroofs calling them pointless, even though you spent extra
    bucks for one that you don't plan using....that's fine....money isn't an issue with you...but then you call it a "useless option"....others disagree and have the right to give reasons why.....it's nothing personal at all....we "luv" them; you don't...doesn't make anyone right or wrong....that's what makes forums fun......p.s. sunroofs rule!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I love sun/moonroofs usually. I really liked the Ultraview in my CTS and CTS-V. That said, I did not get the roof in my ATS premium for three reasons. First, I found it to be really noisy, especially over 45 mph, and the noise was high pitched, which I found especially annoying. Second, this particular roof is pretty small, so it doesn't let in a lot of light. Third, rear headroom is severely compromised; lean just a bit forward and you hit the roof. Not to mention the added weight and complexity, or the money it costs. Fortunately, the car remains quiet with the driver's window open up to nearly freeway speeds, so fresh air isn't a problem. While I still miss a sunroof, I don't miss this particular one

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I will say the Ultraview in my V took a lot of rear headroom. When I sat in the back of a V sedan at Monticello without one, it felt cavernous in comparison.

But the Ultraview was too good. And the girls loved it. More than any other part of the V...

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

I was just looking at some after market parts. Has anyone tried the plastic wind deflectors for the sunroofs? That might solve some of the noise issues?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RemaxAl
    I was just looking at some after market parts. Has anyone tried the plastic wind deflectors for the sunroofs? That might solve some of the noise issues?
    I had one on a Nissan Pathfinder we once had. It helped, but on a car I'm not sure I would do it. It looks like this bubble on the roof. It wasn't as noticeable in the SUV with the roof rails and such, but on a car I think it would mess up the lines.

Just my two cents.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I will say the Ultraview in my V took a lot of rear headroom. When I sat in the back of a V sedan at Monticello without one, it felt cavernous in comparison.

But the Ultraview was too good. And the girls loved it. More than any other part of the V...
    I too like the ultra view, but if anything it is a noiser type sunroof than the smaller one in the ATS.....but then again, I find neither one at all obtrusive in the noise factor; certainly quieter than opening any window for fresh air. IMHO if one gets either a V or an ATS, rear passenger room is secondary; if that's important get a XTS ol' man's car. A sports car without a sunroof is pointless for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.