ATS 2.5L Luxury (Rental) - Some Impressions
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Chuck C
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS 2.5L Luxury (Rental) - Some Impressions in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I recently rented a lovely ATS 2.5L Luxury through Enterprise at LAX for five days. The vehicle, a Silver Coast ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

ATS 2.5L Luxury (Rental) - Some Impressions

I recently rented a lovely ATS 2.5L Luxury through Enterprise at LAX for five days. The vehicle, a Silver Coast Metallic example with black leather interior, had approx 8,500 miles on the odometer. As I drove the car, I reflected back on all of the feedback I've read over the last several months here on the forums. Some Impressions:

- Handling & Braking: What more is there to say - the car handled like a dream - so crisp, and the brakes were incredible. It was fun to take some hairpin turns around the winding roads headed toward the Montecito hiking trails. The brake system reminded me a bit of a Ferrari F430 I drove at the Exotics Racing track in Vegas - gradual, firm, short pedal travel, and powerful when needed. Coming from a pedestrian car (Altima), I hope I haven't over-exaggerated.

- Engine performance: As others have mentioned, the 2.5L was more than adequate. The exhaust note was actually quite nice! I had some fun playing with the manually controlled automatic shifter...definitely able to find highway passing power when shifting down a gear or two. MPG readout did not budge from 23.9 despite the adventurous, dare I say, car magazine-tester style of driving.

- The Silver Coast Metallic grew on me - it's sort of a pewter color that tended toward gold; it's almost the color that worn gold jewelry experiences as the rhodium plating wears. The black interior was not as boring as I thought it would be, although the graphics on the aluminum trim pieces were a bit tacky as other have mentioned. Overall, the black was very sporty in appearance.

- The 17" polished wheels were really sharp and, in my opinion, an appropriate size for a vehicle in this class. If you're cost- and weight savings- conscious, this size is perfect.

- CUE: It was frustrating especially for climate control settings. As others have observed, it's easy to mis-tap when in motion. Still, it's cool-looking and became a little easier to use over the course of the trip. GM - please make this more user-friendly! I actually thought the DIC was very nicely integrated into the car - great graphics, color, font choice - just pleasing overall.

- Headlamps: I thought that the standard halogens could be brighter, anyone else agree?

- Cool minor features: I liked that you could toggle cruise control up or down in increments of 5mph by depressing the button firmly. I also liked the ~one gallon cubby in the trunk.

Overall, this handsomely-styled car was very fun to drive. I even had difficulty parting with it. By the way, in crazy-congested L.A., I did not spot a single ATS besides mine! C'mon SoCal!

photo.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Re: ATS 2.5L Luxury (Rental) - Some Impressions

Nice review! I think the Silver Coast Metallic is very good colour: if I had thought it would match the Morello Red interior I wanted, I may have got that colour.

Trade in the Altima: pick up an ATS!

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS
    Nice review! I think the Silver Coast Metallic is very good colour: if I had thought it would match the Morello Red interior I wanted, I may have got that colour.

Trade in the Altima: pick up an ATS!
    Only ten more months on my current lease

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: ATS 2.5L Luxury (Rental) - Some Impressions

I definitely agree about the headlights not a fan! Good review sir, we will welcome you with open arms when you are ready to take the plunge

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.