2014 ATS Release?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2014 ATS Release? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, brand new to the forum. I am set on buying an ATS 2.0 or 3.6, have not decided ...
    Hookem88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Thundergray Luxury with red interior

2014 ATS Release?

Hey guys, brand new to the forum. I am set on buying an ATS 2.0 or 3.6, have not decided just yet on which one, but I want to wait until the 2014 model comes out so I can negotiate a better price on a 2013. I have searched but found no information on the 2014 sedan. There is some information on the coupe, but nothing on the Sedan. Any news or ideas on when the 2014 model Sedan will be released this year? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: 2014 ATS Release?

I posted the changes. Shouldn't be hard to find the thread. The differences are minimal. Color changes, a thicker steering wheel, HIDs as an option for Luxury trim, not much else.

okay cool, but do you know when it will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem88 View Post
    okay cool, but do you know when it will be released?
    You can order now. I think 2014 production starts in June or July.

In2Bate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Production of 2014 models begin June 10th according to my dealer.

Appreciate the reply, so that means they'll be for sale around august/September?

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Appreciate the reply, so that means they'll be for sale around august/September?
    My guess is more Sept/Oct.

I've never found any point at which the cars are more negotiable. As the model year goes on, you can get lower and lower prices because the cars are closer to being last year's model.

The only risk you take is that the color, engine, or features that you want will not be available if you wait too long. Keep looking at your dealer's web site to make sure what you want is still being stocked in good numbers.

I have my eye on a "Gold mist" ATS that has been on my dealer's lot for about four months. Nobody wants this color. At some point, I may make him an offer he can't refuse.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    My guess is more Sept/Oct.

I've never found any point at which the cars are more negotiable. As the model year goes on, you can get lower and lower prices because the cars are closer to being last year's model.

The only risk you take is that the color, engine, or features that you want will not be available if you wait too long. Keep looking at your dealer's web site to make sure what you want is still being stocked in good numbers.

I have my eye on a "Gold mist" ATS that has been on my dealer's lot for about four months. Nobody wants this color. At some point, I may make him an offer he can't refuse.
    Essentially, the time they spend on the lot is the determining factor in which a car starts to be more 'negotiable'

See, as you may or may not know, Cadillac doesn't count a 'sale' as you purchasing the car, they count it as the dealer accepting delivery (and loan payments) of the vehicle when it gets dropped on their lot.

While there's some value in saying a 2014 may bring more money than a 2013 even though they're both 'new' cars, the overwhelming factor is the fact that the 2013 models have been on the lot for a lot longer than the new model cars. It's costing the dealer money to keep it there, money they'd rather be spending on a current MY vehicle to have on the lot.

I am planning on getting a used 2013 model. Waiting till the 2014 model comes out should help lower the price right?

I am planning on getting a used 2013 model. Waiting till the 2014 model comes out should help lower the price right?
    Yes, but there isn't ever much selection of 1 year old used cars, particularly the good models. But it's been a crazy world lately. Near new used car prices are at historic highs because of the dearth of leases a few years back.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Yes, but there isn't ever much selection of 1 year old used cars, particularly the good models. But it's been a crazy world lately. Near new used car prices are at historic highs because of the dearth of leases a few years back.
    Hi All,

It is always an exciting time when a new vehicle is about to begin production. The 2014 ATS production starts mid June! Start up to Dealer Lots is approximately 6-8 weeks. This time can vary based upon the launch strategy and geographic location of the customer to the plant. Dealer/Customer Order to Dealer lot is approximately 6-12 weeks. Some variables that may affect time include: Availability of Vehicle Options-some are designated as late availability, Transport Distance, and Production Sequencing (Order of Build.) Check with your Dealer for specific timing. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.