Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I bought the 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxary Trim a month ago......... and today found out that it doesn't have that ...
    bollyjack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps?

I bought the 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxary Trim a month ago......... and today found out that it doesn't have that vertical headlamps that run down in the front???????? Why wasn't this on the exterior look of the Luxury model?? I'm kinda let down here

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Re: Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps?

Unfortunately the Base and Luxury models don't include those features as noted in the literature. I almost went with one myself, but went up to the performance trim. Since I was getting mine built to order, I made sure to review all of the features before my order.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Yes, the Luxury has no LED and no HID lights, thank to the Cadillac marketeers, and it was not even an option to consider.

The 2014 Luxury model now includes the HID headlights, but not the LED lights. At least it saves the trouble of going aftermarket ...

But aftermarket is still cheaper than the Cadillac options ...

Quote Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
    Yes, the Luxury has no LED and no HID lights, thank to the Cadillac marketeers, and it was not even an option to consider.

The 2014 Luxury model now includes the HID headlights, but not the LED lights. At least it saves the trouble of going aftermarket ...

But aftermarket is still cheaper than the Cadillac options ...

wait hold up, there is a 2014 Cadillac ATS coming out???

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by bollyjack View Post
    I bought the 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxary Trim a month ago......... and today found out that it doesn't have that vertical headlamps that run down in the front???????? Why wasn't this on the exterior look of the Luxury model?? I'm kinda let down here

because Cadillac is Chintze...

frankly every model should have the flanking lamps (ok at least 2.0T )... that should be an ATS signature, I shouldn't have to pay top dollar to get some leds

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Yeah its so stupid you need to order Performance just to get the nice look in the front..like honestly its kinda of swaying me not to buy it for that reason.

Rongotti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Will we be able to order the 2014 HID's and swap them out for our 2013 halogens?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Well I wouldn't NOT want an ATS because of this.. I just think it was kinda chintz on Cadillacs part... I dont even care about HIDS so much, I can do those myself later.. but those LED flanking lamps I cant do that... it'll never look as good.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

This is nothing new, car makers do it all the time on cars. Take the mustangs and camaros for example - special grilles, lights, trim pieces, etc. If all options were available on all trims, what's the point of getting the upper trims if you can just get the cheaper models with the same accents/accessories. With that being said, I'm sure someone will figure out the part numbers and wiring schematics necessary to add the lower LEDs to non-factory setups. These cars are still in their first year and in a small user base, just gotta give it some time.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by sqkid89 View Post
    This is nothing new, car makers do it all the time on cars. Take the mustangs and camaros for example - special grilles, lights, trim pieces, etc. If all options were available on all trims, what's the point of getting the upper trims if you can just get the cheaper models with the same accents/accessories.
    Exactly. Why don't all models come standard with leather? Why don't they all have the Bose 10 speaker system? 10 way seats? It's not not being cheap or chintzy; they are "optional" for a reason.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I understand grouping options into trim levels and limiting select options to higher trim levels to encourage buyers into higher levels. What I don't understand, is why sometimes desireable options simply can't be had together on some cars (not often, but it does happen.)

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I understand grouping options into trim levels and limiting select options to higher trim levels to encourage buyers into higher levels. What I don't understand, is why sometimes desireable options simply can't be had together on some cars (not often, but it does happen.)
    asked and answered a number of times...to encourage you to buy upper trim/more expensive models....case closed.

any chance that i can take my car to Cadillac so that they can install the vertical LED headlamps? Or an aftermarket choice? These vertical headlamps were one of the reasons why i got the Cadillac, and every-time I saw a video review or pictures of the ATS, i saw those headlamps, so i thought it came on every trim .

As you can see, I felt duped

Don't get me wrong, I still love the car.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by bollyjack View Post
    any chance that i can take my car to Cadillac so that they can install the vertical LED headlamps? Or an aftermarket choice? These vertical headlamps were one of the reasons why i got the Cadillac, and every-time I saw a video review or pictures of the ATS, i saw those headlamps, so i thought it came on every trim .

As you can see, I felt duped

Don't get me wrong, I still love the car.
    No, you can't...it's not a dealer installed option, strictly factory. Not to pick on you ( there are others as well), but how in the world did you order a car from a dealer without discussing models, trim levels, options, etc.? Plenty of pictures and videos as well that show the ATS WITHOUT the vertical LEDS, and the website clearly shows which models have and don't have the LEDS.....clearly a huge failure on your dealer as well. I'd go back to your dealer if he or she misrepresented the situation. Regardless, you have to shoulder the blame....Cadillac certainly didn't dupe you....

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Well I wouldn't NOT want an ATS because of this.. I just think it was kinda chintz on Cadillacs part... I dont even care about HIDS so much, I can do those myself later.. but those LED flanking lamps I cant do that... it'll never look as good.
    Actually, it's cheapness on the buyers part...not Cadillac. Would you rather have no option to purchased the vehicle in the 30's and 40's and instead have one model with all the options for 50's plus? Quite frankly, I think some people want to step up into the luxury car market with Champagne tastes with beer money....goodies are part of the reward for stepping up into additional model cost.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    No, you can't...it's not a dealer installed option, strictly factory. Not to pick on you ( there are others as well), but how in the world did you order a car from a dealer without discussing models, trim levels, options, etc.? Plenty of pictures and videos as well that show the ATS WITHOUT the vertical LEDS, and the website clearly shows which models have and don't have the LEDS.....clearly a huge failure on your dealer as well. I'd go back to your dealer if he or she misrepresented the situation. Regardless, you have to shoulder the blame....Cadillac certainly didn't dupe you....

----------

Actually, it's cheapness on the buyers part...not Cadillac. Would you rather have no option to purchased the vehicle in the 30's and 40's and instead have one model with all the options for 50's plus? Quite frankly, I think some people want to step up into the luxury car market with Champagne tastes with beer money....goodies are part of the reward for stepping up into additional model cost.
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.