Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by rustybear3 I agree about the value of the Premium trim....what Cadillac really needs to do is re-classify ...
    73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Re: Why Doesn't the Luxury Trim come with Vertical Headlamps?

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I agree about the value of the Premium trim....what Cadillac really needs to do is re-classify that model as "classic edition" or some other nomenclature that defines the model better; luxury is clearly misleading IMO. It's the second model up from four trim levels.
    Agreed. I'm no marketing expert, but in my mind I tend to think that "performance" would be a lower trim level than "luxury". I would have thought a more logical hierarchy of trims would be 'Base', 'Performance', 'Luxury', 'Premium'.

Or maybe avoid the term "luxury" altogether. Perhaps something like 'Just Escaped Poverty', 'I Don't Have Money But I Want to Look Like I Do', 'Can't Quite Reach', and 'My Schweidenhafter Is The Biggest' is more definitive
    rustybear3 likes this.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

It's funny, but, when I first looked at the ATS, Cadillac wasn't even on my radar (I was leaning towards the Lincoln MKZ). Then we got my wife a Buick Enclave and realized that she got a GM supplier discount and that GM had ridiculous conquest offers going on at the time. My wife actually convinced me to look at Cadillac even though I hated the way the other models looked. I went in looking at the XTS and the Sales person showed me the ATS. I was blown away by the looks of the Performance model on the floor and once I drove it I was hooked! That being said, I too just assumed they all had those lights. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately depending on who you ask) I don't mind spending money to get the best of what's available so I started ticking off every option I wanted which put me at the $52,000 mark, assuring I would have those lights. I was never told they were part of a package though, and had I been cost conscious I may have missed out.

Not to rub it in, but boy am I glad I did! I don't often see the car from the outside but 2 nights ago my wife drove it because I was behind her in the driveway. I was outside when she came back (it was night) and this car looks SICK coming down the block. And I STILL have only seen a couple on the road and none had the Performance or Premium trims.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    It's funny, but, when I first looked at the ATS, Cadillac wasn't even on my radar (I was leaning towards the Lincoln MKZ). Then we got my wife a Buick Enclave and realized that she got a GM supplier discount and that GM had ridiculous conquest offers going on at the time. My wife actually convinced me to look at Cadillac even though I hated the way the other models looked. I went in looking at the XTS and the Sales person showed me the ATS. I was blown away by the looks of the Performance model on the floor and once I drove it I was hooked! That being said, I too just assumed they all had those lights. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately depending on who you ask) I don't mind spending money to get the best of what's available so I started ticking off every option I wanted which put me at the $52,000 mark, assuring I would have those lights. I was never told they were part of a package though, and had I been cost conscious I may have missed out.

Not to rub it in, but boy am I glad I did! I don't often see the car from the outside but 2 nights ago my wife drove it because I was behind her in the driveway. I was outside when she came back (it was night) and this car looks SICK coming down the block. And I STILL have only seen a couple on the road and none had the Performance or Premium trims.
    It does seem those trims (performance and Premium) are uncommon, but oh, baby....they sure light up the night when you see them; will be classic trim levels someday IMO.
    richardbbarger likes this.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    I have had my fully loaded Black Raven for 7 months - on the rare occasion I let my wife drive it at night and she pulls in it blows me away. Yea I paid some extra $$'s but it was worth every cent. The look is without a peer in today's auto landscape.

wongluk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6spd
    Why doesn't the luxury trim come with magnetic ride and cost the same???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by wongluk View Post
    Why doesn't the luxury trim come with magnetic ride and cost the same???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Cause it does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.