You wanted to know how an intake sounds? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, You wanted to know how an intake sounds? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; here's my $0.02... on MAF sensor equipped cars (like the ATS) .. DO DATALOG! the ecu is calibrated for a ...
    jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Re: You wanted to know how an intake sounds?

here's my $0.02...

on MAF sensor equipped cars (like the ATS) .. DO DATALOG! the ecu is calibrated for a certain intake, and piping diameter, it knows how much air flows through it.
    change this, without logging and/or tuning, and you're gambling. the ecu will not magically adjust to the new intake, as it doesn't know anything about it, all it does is measure airflow.

however, a properly designed intake, can be used on a stock ecu without problems.

J.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Been lurking here for some time, and I must say I have read some good things, and not so good things!!
    I previously owned a EVO before I bought my ATS! I worked at Buschur Racing building turbo kits, inter coolers bla bla bla! My EVO ran 9.70s at 149 mph on street tires! I was seriously considering building parts
    For the ATS, but I don't think I can handle all the bullshit that goes with dealing with customers in the aftermarket industry. I will build my own exhaust, intake and turbo kit and see how that goes! I plan on tearing into the car soon! I installed boost gauge and boost controller couple weeks ago, and I do have the car
    Pulling to redline!

----------

Here is another piece of advice, the car will go into limp mode and will only build 8-10 psi if car overboost to 22-24 psi. That ecu is from 2013, not 1985!! It will adjust afr's due into intake pressure and ait!

----------

I would bet my arm there is a target far setting in the computer, so with all the sensors, the car will adjust afr's. BUT when hp tuners have software finished, and u change settings in ecu, then u can run into some problems with running lean. Until then, happy boostin

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I dont know if you guys know this or not...

But this intakes built so that that the Diameter of the Maf housing is EXACTLY THE SAME as the factory piping, nothings changing there... in fact, the whole tube is the same diameter, just no crinkled 90' rubber elbow, that's nice chrome piping now.

I think this is being blow way outta proportion (exploding engines and such), I'm not bolting on 10" PVC pipes and soaked oil filters, everything about this intake is Kosher dont worry.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Smoothing out the intake tract can also change AFRs.

lol I'm not too concerned, this isn't the first car I've modefied, I'll be data logging it and any abnormalities (id be surprised if there even are any) will be ironed out

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    Been lurking here for some time, and I must say I have read some good things, and not so good things!!
    I previously owned a EVO before I bought my ATS! I worked at Buschur Racing building turbo kits, inter coolers bla bla bla! My EVO ran 9.70s at 149 mph on street tires! I was seriously considering building parts
    For the ATS, but I don't think I can handle all the bullshit that goes with dealing with customers in the aftermarket industry. I will build my own exhaust, intake and turbo kit and see how that goes! I plan on tearing into the car soon! I installed boost gauge and boost controller couple weeks ago, and I do have the car
    Pulling to redline!

----------

Here is another piece of advice, the car will go into limp mode and will only build 8-10 psi if car overboost to 22-24 psi. That ecu is from 2013, not 1985!! It will adjust afr's due into intake pressure and ait!

----------

I would bet my arm there is a target far setting in the computer, so with all the sensors, the car will adjust afr's. BUT when hp tuners have software finished, and u change settings in ecu, then u can run into some problems with running lean. Until then, happy boostin

Can you PM me on how you added the boost gauge and controller? Maybe some pics? I would be interested in seeing your setup. Thanks.

In4boostgaugeh0w2

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    I dont know if you guys know this or not...

But this intakes built so that that the Diameter of the Maf housing is EXACTLY THE SAME as the factory piping, nothings changing there... in fact, the whole tube is the same diameter, just no crinkled 90' rubber elbow, that's nice chrome piping now.

I think this is being blow way outta proportion (exploding engines and such), I'm not bolting on 10" PVC pipes and soaked oil filters, everything about this intake is Kosher dont worry.
    I'm reporting your post to a moderator. It doesn't meet the minimal hostility quotient that has been established for this thread.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    That ecu is from 2013, not 1985!! It will adjust afr's due into intake pressure and ait!
    are you saying that it's MAP based, and not MAF? or did i misunderstand that?

i'm new to these cars, so i'm learning as i go along. on top of that, this time, i went NA, and got the 3.6 so... i'm sort of making some assumptions as well

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I'm reporting your post to a moderator. It doesn't meet the minimal hostility quotient that has been established for this thread.
    yeah, I thought so to...didn't know a pipe and a filter would cause such a bitch fit lol... But next time I do something to the car instead of being excited to show it to everyone here I'll just keep it to myself and the local car clubs lol.
    donavo, donavo, 73JPS and 3 others like this.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Stevo
    I will take some pics later and message ya the way I did it! I have boost gauge in glovebox because I have never been a fan of gauges everywhere, and big tachs! I had the AEM set up to log anytime I was over
    70% throttle, then just review it!
    It was a pain in the ass running vacuum hose through firewall, then fishing it through and around shit
    Under dash! I used coat hanger and took panels off under dash, took 2 hours just to run hose so it
    Was perfect.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

I was speaking to my shop about fabricating intake and intercooler setups for the ATS and he said he'll do it.

So, if anyone is interested in having a custom intake, intercooler, or exhaust setup, just let me know.

Here's the setup they made for my turbo Sonata:

The shop's name is Speed Force Racing out of Santee (San Diego), California.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/

This is the same shop that's finishing up my 2JZ-swapped '94 RX-7. Everytime I go there I'm seeing cars like a 600+hp turbo M3, twin-turbo G35/350Z, Evo's, STI's, super-charged Camaro's, etc. etc. They're definitely a legit shop. All-wheel drive dyno, tuning, fabrication, everything.

Just post or PM me, and I'll set something up with the shop owner.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo

yeah, I thought so to...didn't know a pipe and a filter would cause such a bitch fit lol... But next time I do something to the car instead of being excited to show it to everyone here I'll just keep it to myself and the local car clubs lol.
    Dude, this site is weird like that , lol.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    I was speaking to my shop about fabricating intake and intercooler setups for the ATS and he said he'll do it.

So, if anyone is interested in having a custom intake, intercooler, or exhaust setup, just let me know.

Here's the setup they made for my turbo Sonata:

The shop's name is Speed Force Racing out of Santee (San Diego), California.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/

This is the same shop that's finishing up my 2JZ-swapped '94 RX-7. Everytime I go there I'm seeing cars like a 600+hp turbo M3, twin-turbo G35/350Z, Evo's, STI's, super-charged Camaro's, etc. etc. They're definitely a legit shop. All-wheel drive dyno, tuning, fabrication, everything.

Just post or PM me, and I'll set something up with the shop owner.
    Only problem I see with your setup is you are pulling in hot, underhood air. A CAI needs to receive cooler air to be effective. I would use the same location as the factory in my ATS, just open up the airflow with a conical filter. Also make larger the factory opening to air from in front of the engine compartment.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.