Turbo BOV
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fraggy
  • 2 Post By SLA
  • 1 Post By YoshiFD3S
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Turbo BOV in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone put any thought into putting a new BOV on their ATS? (Or perhaps has already) I can't find ...
    Omnomnom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Manual Lux ATS 2.0L

Turbo BOV

Has anyone put any thought into putting a new BOV on their ATS? (Or perhaps has already) I can't find any information on (any) aftermarket parts for the car and I'm not completely certain that I can put a new one on without messing anything up with the computer (or airflow and such) As I said I can't find any info on what's on the car stock, but I would imagine that it's probably a 50/50 recirculating valve? I would like to put a 100% blow off on it, if possible. I just don't know what I can get with zero parts being 'listed' as fitting the on the ATS.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for any and all input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I must be getting old...
    huna and huna like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Turbo BOV

I already asked a while ago, theres none for the cars and you'd have to have an adapter made.

These cars use an electronic BPV, I'm pretty sure you'd need a tune to get the BOV to work right, also would need a custom adaptor (even then it might leak) I think its more work than its worth

I'm getting an intake for now to hear some of that sound we all love

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Bro,

You need this: http://www.akamoto.co.uk/dump-valve.asp

Get that and like a 4hunnid shot of naws

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    I must be getting old...
    Congratulations. With any luck, we all are.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Bro,

You need this: http://www.akamoto.co.uk/dump-valve.asp

Get that and like a 4hunnid shot of naws
    lol!!! check it out, these guys put it in there civic.. sad as it is.. it sounds legit lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00LPlHDP98Q

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

Has anyone even LOCATED the factory blow-off valve/diverter valve? On my turbo Sonata it's right in plain sight and I was able to just take off the recirc hose and cap off the nipple on the intake piping. Didn't have any issues and the stock BOV gave a surprisingly nice/loud sound".

I'm about to just rip off the front bumper and look around. lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    Has anyone even LOCATED the factory blow-off valve/diverter valve? On my turbo Sonata it's right in plain sight and I was able to just take off the recirc hose and cap off the nipple on the intake piping. Didn't have any issues and the stock BOV gave a surprisingly nice/loud sound".

I'm about to just rip off the front bumper and look around. lol
    do it, take pics and keep us posted with what you find out i'm very interested in getting a BOV working

First thing's first... Getting my tint on Tuesday and hopefully the Dupont paint sealant this week. :P

After tearing apart my Sonata when it was brand new, I'm not nearly as intimidated.

Hell, I might even just rip out the air box and throw on a cone filter now just so I can get some actual turbo spool sounds going. LOL

lol what warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    First thing's first... Getting my tint on Tuesday and hopefully the Dupont paint sealant this week. :P

After tearing apart my Sonata when it was brand new, I'm not nearly as intimidated.

Hell, I might even just rip out the air box and throw on a cone filter now just so I can get some actual turbo spool sounds going. LOL

lol what warranty?
    it not so easy to just throw a cone filter on there, trust me... I've checked

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    it not so easy to just throw a cone filter on there, trust me... I've checked
    Indeed. I was under the hood today and the first issue I found is that the MAF sensor is mounted directly on the factory air box. So problem #1 is that you can NOT just put a cone filter because of that sensor.

When I removed the air box and looked into the second plastic/rubber section that is connected directly to the turbo, I noticed an awkward almost "vortex" style air ducting inside of the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised if it IS create some kind of Venturi effect to increase air flow into the turbo.

Injen had used my Sonata as their guinea pig/prototype intake, so I'm thinking about contacting them again to see if they want to use my ATS. Borla Performance's R&D facility is only about 3 hours away from me too. They also used my Sonata as well for R&D.

I'm curious to see if my local shop thinks they can fabricate something up..
    clutch750 likes this.

Well I have a race shop near here already working on something for me(says it should be done soon), for NOW we're just making a piece from the 90Degree bend(including that elbow) to the air box. Then, later if I want, make a chrome piece to the turbo.

After watching the new intake video posted in the other thread, I'm now positive that there is some kind of pressure relief valve/BOV that is releasing boost pressure back into the motor when you let off the boost. Based on the piping under the hood, I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow incorporated into that awkward plastic section that is connected directly to the turbo.

There's no other place it really COULD be.

On another note, I asked my shop how they go about fabricating intakes etc. when the MAF sensor is on the air box itself. They said they just weld a bung into their piping. Makes sense. LOL

They fabricated my entire intercooler and intake setup on my Sonata.

I'm sure they'd be willing to make setups like that for these cars too.

I don't have the money to have them do MY car, but if anyone else is interested in a setup like that, I can put you in touch with the shop owner.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

I'm going to pull off my maf sensor at work and maching an adapter, to weld onto the intake pipe!there is plenty of room for nice intake! I'm kicking around couple different ways I'm going to make mine

I spoke to my shop and they said they'd be interested in fabricating and mass-producing intakes, intercooler kits, etc. for our cars.

Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.