Need seating advice before I get a divorse-Thank you Caddy, I didn't need this! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Need seating advice before I get a divorse-Thank you Caddy, I didn't need this! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; If I understand correctly, the seats functioned properly prior to the upgrade to 23150273 but not after? ----------...
    MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Re: Need seating advice before I get a divorse-Thank you Caddy, I didn't need this!

If I understand correctly, the seats functioned properly prior to the upgrade to 23150273 but not after?

----------

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: Need seating advice before I get a divorse-Thank you Caddy, I didn't need this!

As far as I know, that is correct. But it's not that they don't function now, it's just that they don't fully function as they used to. Stuff was taken away during the updating.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

You must be an isolated situation. My seats and FOBS work just fine for personalization. Go to a different dealer, and get your seats fixed or CUE reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    You must be an isolated situation. My seats and FOBS work just fine for personalization. Go to a different dealer, and get your seats fixed or CUE reloaded.
    Do your seats work as I have described they should work: Each fob will seat its individual seat position when entering or turning car on, regardless of who drove last. Also, what is your version is your update?

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

But, how do you tell the key fobs apart? Please, somebody tell me.

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

Quote Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
    But, how do you tell the key fobs apart? Please, somebody tell me.
    My fobs have numbers on the bottom (the non key ring side). I'm the only person that drives my car so the fob I use is getting tough to read because the numbers are printed on and it's wearing off but the other one is pretty easy to see, but the numbers are pretty small. I don't have an ATS, I have a CTS and I don't know if we have the same fobs but I imagine the numbers are there on yours

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Do your seats work as I have described they should work: Each fob will seat its individual seat position when entering or turning car on, regardless of who drove last. Also, what is your version is your update?
    The FOBS work fine and retain their individual seating options. I have no idea what the upgrade number is.

The FOBS work fine and retain their individual seating options.
    When you say they maintain their individual seating positions, is that so after driver one gets out and locks the car (leaving his seat position set in his position) and then driver two unlocks the car and the seat moves into his position (either when door opens or when ignition goes on, according to how you set up automatic seat positioning) without his touching anything?

I have no idea what the upgrade number is.
    To get your version number go to Home Page>Settings>Software Info. If you get 23150273 as your version number, then you will have had the upgrade
    So, if your seats behave as I have described, and your version number is 23160273, then you are very lucky that the update didn't take away one of the automatic seating possibilities. If your version is not that, then you can expect your automatic seating positioning to work for both fobs.

So, if your seats behave as I have described, and your version number is 23160273, then you are very lucky that the update didn't take away one of the automatic seating possibilities. If your version is not that, then you can expect your automatic seating positioning to work for both fobs.
    I have the 23180276 upgrade. I don't believe the CUE upgrade has anything to do with your problem. Probably a glitch occurred. Take it back to the dealer.

I have the 23180276 upgrade. I don't believe the CUE upgrade has anything to do with your problem. Probably a glitch occurred. Take it back to the dealer.
    Interesting that you have a different update version??? Nonetheless, I was told by the CUE helpline that after the upgrade only one seat could be set automatically. Also, another change that you can checkout is that when you enter the car, you can no longer expect the seats to move fully by just tapping the seat button if the engine is not on...you have to hold it until it reaches its full position. However, if the engine is on, tapping the buttons will move the seats fully. I was also told that the reason for this was that older folks (who probably shouldn't be driving, and who are probably the reason for other ridiculous CUE changes because Caddy felt that older folks just couldn't figure out what CUE was all about, and there would be a loss of sales to this older market segment) we getting squashed by the automatic movement??? So, Caddy out of fear of being sued, deleted the automatic seat position movement button function.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Well, unless Caddy is counting down instead of up with their updates, you have a later version. Maybe they corrected something. I have the same version as Flycaster but haven't really tested his issues. I would be curious to get a later update though, as I definitely have some bugs in mine.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rchern
    My fobs have numbers on the bottom (the non key ring side). I'm the only person that drives my car so the fob I use is getting tough to read because the numbers are printed on and it's wearing off but the other one is pretty easy to see, but the numbers are pretty small. I don't have an ATS, I have a CTS and I don't know if we have the same fobs but I imagine the numbers are there on yours
    There is no number on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    Well, unless Caddy is counting down instead of up with their updates, you have a later version. Maybe they corrected something. I have the same version as Flycaster but haven't really tested his issues. I would be curious to get a later update though, as I definitely have some bugs in mine.
    You may be right...You guys both definitely have an earlier update....the update I have has been glitch free....

AND THE ANSWER IS...The seat module has to be re-programmed.

This is all very interesting. I spoke to CUE a while back and was told that only one automatic seat setting would be available after the update; whereas after speaking to them today, I learned that their first response was partially correct (the first CUE responder probably didn't know the full answer). After the update, the seat module has to be re-programmed in order to have automatic seat setting for both fobs when either opening the door or when starting the ignition. Thus, those that do have full automatic function of their seats after the update, most likely had their seat modules reprogrammed.

The CUE folks have called my dealer, told them about my problem, how it is to be solved, and made an appointment for me. Hopefully, this Friday will solve the mystery.

There was a tech bulletin sent out about this problem, so the dealers should be aware of it. It goes something like this (couldn't quite read my squiggly writing):

"Seat memory ??? module reprogram service update, revised user manual supplement for ATS vehicle, only"

Perhaps this solution should be made in a "Solved" thread?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

after speaking to them today, I learned that their first response was partially correct (the first CUE responder probably didn't know the full answer).
    good

this is exactly why I suggested that you call them back

other forum members have also reported seat/memory issues after the update and that they had to get the module reprogrammed
    i think most of those were XTS owners but the systems are so similar it probably doesn't matter
    i'm pretty sure that it's due to the tech not doing the update correctly (or not checking everything fully after doing the software update)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.