Can't believe what Caddilac was thinking of when they...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Can't believe what Caddilac was thinking of when they... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Was all ready to post on my problems with setting my and my wife's seat positions for entering and leaving ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Can't believe what Caddilac was thinking of when they...

Was all ready to post on my problems with setting my and my wife's seat positions for entering and leaving the car, and then I thought before I make a fool of myself, call CUE. Found out that in all their wisdom, when Cadillac updated CUE, THEY REMOVED "DRIVER PERSONALIZATION" FUNCTIONALITY. Man, what were they thinking when they did this??? This means that only driver 1's setting will be automated. This lack of functionality doesn't belong in a luxury car, it is certainly more representative of what one will find in all low-level cars (read: a lot cheaper cars). Although I don't know for sure, but I would bet that there isn't one ATS competitor (or even slightly lesser level cars) that doesn't have the ability to personalize seat setting for 2 or more folks!

Anyway, I'm still going to post just to let Caddy know that their inane, illogical CUE changes are putting their customers to a lot of unnecessary trouble and aggravation. It they don't put personalization back into CUE, then they certainly will be adding some "tarnish" to their top-level luxury image. Something like this could be a DEAL-BREAKER.

Here's the original post that took me a fair bit of time to compose and I blame Cadillac for the PITA they are causing me...

Got to say that I am computer literate, not a programmer, but a lot of browser tweaking has taught me how to navigate through a lot of stuff to solve problems that always arise. In other words, I usually know what I am doing, or can figure things out. However, setting up certain aspects of seating preferences between my and my wife's settings is becoming a bear of a job.

First, here's what I am trying to accomplish:

1. When either my wife or I open the door to enter the car
    a. For me, the seat should set to MY driver's setting on door opening
    b. For wife, the seat should set to HER driver's setting or door opening

2. When exiting the car
    a. For me, seat should move to MY EXIT setting
    b. For wife, seat should REMAIN in HER driver's position

Well, that's what I would like, but have no idea if these settings are possible??? Are they?

I assumed the "Personalization by Driver" means that we could have separate settings that would act according to which fob was present during the settings and which fob is present at the time of driving. So here's what I have done:

1. With HER fob present, turn on ignition and car in Park, Settings>Vehicle>Comfort and Convenience
    a. Auto Memory Recall set to ON-Driver door open
    b. Easy Exit set to OFF
    c. Seat and mirrors are set into HER desired positions
    d. Personalization by Driver-ON

2. With MY fob present, turn on ignition and car in Park, Settings>Vehicle>Comfort and Convenience
    a. Auto Memory Recall set to ON-Driver door open
    b. Easy Exit set to ON
    c. Seat and mirrors are set into MY desired positions
    d. Personalization by Driver-ON

Does this all work? It does to some extent.

1. When I leave the car, the Easy Exit function moves the seat (as it should), and it does not move for my WIFE (as it should be) when she leaves the car.

2. When WIFE enters the car after I have driven it, the seat moves to her position when the door is opened (as it should).

3. When I enter after my wife has driven the car, seat DOES NOT MOVE. Why not???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Re: Can't believe what Caddilac was thinking of when they...

Simple solution? Don't let the wife drive your car

J/K - I noticed the same issue. I'm sure they will put that function back and was probably a mistake. Next update will probably fix it but who knows when the next update will be out.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

white people problems right here. jk lol.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I thought they removed the option because of issues, and unless they feel like they know how to fix it I'd guess it'll remain gone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.