Seats not functioning or just don't have it?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Seats not functioning or just don't have it? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Can't get the front part of my driver's seat cushion to raise or lower. I note that on page 3-4 ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Seats not functioning or just don't have it?

Can't get the front part of my driver's seat cushion to raise or lower. I note that on page 3-4 it has this function as "if available." Aside from this function not working, is there any other way to tell whether or not I have it? And if I don't have it, this is a big surprise as I never thought that one should check for it as it has always been available on my other cars, leading me to assume I had it. Also, the lumbar support doesn't move up or down. Damn, the VW CC has this and it is at least $10K less expensive. I know it ain't a Caddy, but it is a sleeper.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, when one opens the car, why don't the seats set according to the fob/key that is being used? I have to press and hold the seat button to get the proper setting after my wife drives the car. Furthermore, why does one have to hold the button until the seat moves into its full position? Every car I've had has had automated seating: 1. Press button once and seat fully positions and 2. Seat automatically moves into position of key holder. If I am right, then pretty cheap-asss stuff from Cadillac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

Re: Seats not functioning or just don't have it?

i came across the same issue we just dont have thast option its only a 6 way power should be 8 way they cut a lot of corners with this car and we are only finding this out now after purchase.
    its a shame that a $38 k car does not have these simple things

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Can't get the front part of my driver's seat cushion to raise or lower. I note that on page 3-4 it has this function as "if available." Aside from this function not working, is there any other way to tell whether or not I have it? And if I don't have it, this is a big surprise as I never thought that one should check for it as it has always been available on my other cars, leading me to assume I had it. Also, the lumbar support doesn't move up or down. Damn, the VW CC has this and it is at least $10K less expensive. I know it ain't a Caddy, but it is a sleeper.
    The ATS brochure says: The base car has 6 way power seats. Your Luxury has 8 way power seats. The Performance and Premium have 10 way power seats. It doesn't specify what adjustments are missing with the base or Luxury but it sounds like its: raise/lower the front of the seats.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by romanats View Post
    i came across the same issue we just dont have thast option its only a 6 way power should be 8 way they cut a lot of corners with this car and we are only finding this out now after purchase.
    its a shame that a $38 k car does not have these simple things
    Yeah, you really have to make sure any car has what you want before you buy it because cars ain't cheap. Can't wait 'till my car gets here so I can find out what I forgot to check. LoL If its important you may be able to retrofit with junkyard or parts department parts.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

It's called buying the least expensive base model which clearly states 6 way power seats on the web site. That's on you if you "assumed" or didn't bother to check what each model has (or doesn't have).
    Jones atsnh and Jones atsnh like this.

The Features description in Edmunds for the ATS Luxury says that the car has 8-way power seats and lumbar support. My lumbar support only increases or decreases, it doesn't move up or down, it is 2-way adjustable. So I am wondering if the "8-way" description means the seats have 6-way adjustment and by adding the lumbar 2-way, you now have an 8-way adjustable seat? If this is so, then Cadillac sucks because of its very clever and misleading advertising. Yeah, I know I should have tested, but come on, give me a break. If I am wrong, then I take it all back.

EDIT: See my EDIT on original post.

gfxbt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T MT

[QUOTE=Hoosier Daddy;3289015]The ATS brochure says: The base car has 6 way power seats. Your Luxury has 8 way power seats. The Performance and Premium have 10 way power seats. It doesn't specify what adjustments are missing with the base or Luxury but it sounds like its: raise/lower the front of the seats.[COLOR=Silver]

The base model has adjustment to raise and lower the driver's seat and the front passenger seat. It also has forward/backward and recline (obviously). Maybe those are the 6 adjustments? My guess is that 8-way gets you some lumbar control, and 10-way side bolsters. I've never really thought about the way seat controls are defined (e.g., is forward movement one way and backward movement one way, making forward/backward 2-way adjustment?).

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

The Features description in Edmunds for the ATS Luxury says that the car has 8-way power seats and lumbar support. My lumbar support only increases or decreases, it doesn't move up or down, it is 2-way adjustable. So I am wondering if the "8-way" description means the seats have 6-way adjustment and by adding the lumbar 2-way, you now have an 8-way adjustable seat? If this is so, then Cadillac sucks because of its very clever and misleading advertising. Yeah, I know I should have tested, but come on, give me a break. If I am wrong, then I take it all back.

EDIT: See my EDIT on original post.
    I think that you will find that almost all of the manufacturers define "'z'-way power seats" (where 'z' defines the number of adjustments) in pretty much the same fashion, so it's probably a bit unfair to vilify Cadillac for this. For starters, you can divide 'z' by 2 if you're looking to figure out how many parts of your seats will move, because they count each direction for the same function as a 'way'.

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    For starters, you can divide 'z' by 2 if you're looking to figure out how many parts of your seats will move, because they count each direction for the same function as a 'way'.
    That always annoyed me. They should use "Western" counts.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

EDIT: And while I'm at it, when one opens the car, why don't the seats set according to the fob/key that is being used? I have to press and hold the seat button to get the proper setting after my wife drives the car.
    there's a setting for that, by default it's disabled.
    i don't recall the exact menu description, but it's there

J.

Good news, jph, if I can find out how to enable...

Can't get the front part of my driver's seat cushion to raise or lower. I note that on page 3-4 it has this function as "if available." Aside from this function not working, is there any other way to tell whether or not I have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfxbt View Post
    The base model has adjustment to raise and lower the driver's seat and the front passenger seat. It also has forward/backward and recline (obviously). Maybe those are the 6 adjustments?
    If that's the case gxftb, then flycaster (or any 6+ way owner) can probably accomplish the same as if it had a separate adjustment to raise/lower just the front of the seat. First raise the entire seat till the front is at the height you want it, then raise or lower the back separately and make other adjustments. And since Luxury Collection (and above) cars have seat memory for two drivers, the lack of seat front-only height adjustment may not be much of a hardship at all. I've notified suicide hotlines so they can talk ATS owners down.

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    there's a setting for that, by default it's disabled.
    i don't recall the exact menu description, but it's there
    OK, it could be that I haven't accurately described what I'm after with the automatic seat recall. Let's say my wife drove the car last. So, when I get in I expect the seat to move to my setting when I open the door. Here's why. Manual's page 3-7, under Auto Memory Recall, "To activate the recall when On-Driver Door Open is selected in the vehicle personalization menu," which I have done, "...press the lock/unlock button on the outside driver door handle and open the driver door." So at this point shouldn't the seat set to my setting? Well, nothing happens! I also tried pressing unlock on the RKE, with no resultant movement of the seat. Are the seats supposed to move or is it that one can just press/release (ie, not hold) the door's 1 or 2?

Been screwing around so much with this car that I have to put it on trickle charge for fear of draining the battery - No LOL!

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

As far as the seat memory is concerned, starting with the SRX Cadillac moved to a 'dead mans switch' for the memory function, due to complaints by people of getting crushed if they inadvertently pressed the wrong button or grabbed the wrong key. Being a tall person myself, everyone's settings do that to me so I appreciate the change.

PO, if you are right, then Caddy is a real ***** making the change without allowing for one to choose how they want their seats functioning. If folks are so feeble that they can't control how their seats work, they shouldn't be driving.

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    As far as the seat memory is concerned, starting with the SRX Cadillac moved to a 'dead mans switch' for the memory function, due to complaints by people of getting crushed if they inadvertently pressed the wrong button or grabbed the wrong key.
    Ahhh yes, I remember the Darnell case well. Still, even McDonalds didn't switch to luke warm coffee after Mrs. Liebeck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.