Seats not functioning or just don't have it? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Seats not functioning or just don't have it? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hoosier, that is partially true, the court decided to split the fault in Mrs. Liebeck's case, I don't remember the ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Seats not functioning or just don't have it?

Hoosier, that is partially true, the court decided to split the fault in Mrs. Liebeck's case, I don't remember the percentages but it was like 70%/30% in her favor, due to internal McDonald's memos they found that showed they deliberately served coffee well above FDA standards for temperature. They did that as a customer satisfaction measure so commuters coffee would be hot when they arrived at work. I'm sure they lowered it to within regulations.

My thinking on this seat memory thing, is that everything is a compromise in vehicle design, and my positive takeaway is that I'm glad caddy is listening, right or wrong, they like us and are listening

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    OK, it could be that I haven't accurately described what I'm after with the automatic seat recall. Let's say my wife drove the car last. So, when I get in I expect the seat to move to my setting when I open the door. Here's why. Manual's page 3-7, under Auto Memory Recall, "To activate the recall when On-Driver Door Open is selected in the vehicle personalization menu," which I have done, "...press the lock/unlock button on the outside driver door handle and open the driver door." So at this point shouldn't the seat set to my setting? Well, nothing happens! I also tried pressing unlock on the RKE, with no resultant movement of the seat. Are the seats supposed to move or is it that one can just press/release (ie, not hold) the door's 1 or 2?

Been screwing around so much with this car that I have to put it on trickle charge for fear of draining the battery - No LOL!
    see page: 5-44 Instruments and Controls

make sure that the auto memory recall option is turned on.
    that's all that i needed to do.

J.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    As far as the seat memory is concerned, starting with the SRX Cadillac moved to a 'dead mans switch' for the memory function, due to complaints by people of getting crushed if they inadvertently pressed the wrong button or grabbed the wrong key. Being a tall person myself, everyone's settings do that to me so I appreciate the change.
    i almost crushed my son's legs the first time this feature was enabled.
    strapped him into his carseat, opened the door, and the sear put itself in the lowest, and most rearward position possible (possibly factory setting, before i had set one myself.)
    my kid started screaming that the car was crushing his legs.

now every once in a while i'll move my seat back a bit while driving to mess with him
    it still freaks him out, he'll start yelling: it's doing it again! it's going to crush me!

J.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    1. Press button once and seat fully positions and 2. Seat automatically moves into position of key holder. If I am right, then pretty cheap-asss stuff from Cadillac.
    That would annoy the hell out of me if I spent that much on a car.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    i almost crushed my son's legs the first time this feature was enabled.
    strapped him into his carseat, opened the door, and the sear put itself in the lowest, and most rearward position possible (possibly factory setting, before i had set one myself.)
    my kid started screaming that the car was crushing his legs.

now every once in a while i'll move my seat back a bit while driving to mess with him
    it still freaks him out, he'll start yelling: it's doing it again! it's going to crush me!
    FYI CPS just called to see if I knew your (and Cadillac's) address.

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    As far as the seat memory is concerned, starting with the SRX Cadillac moved to a 'dead mans switch' for the memory function, due to complaints by people of getting crushed if they inadvertently pressed the wrong button or grabbed the wrong key. Being a tall person myself, everyone's settings do that to me so I appreciate the change.
    I told Cadillac not to hire that engineer no matter how good a reference Carpenter gave him.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    ...see page: 5-44 Instruments and Controls

make sure that the auto memory recall option is turned on.
    that's all that i needed to do.
    Yeah, did that but seat still doesn't move automatically into the desired position.

Bullsweet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS - 2.0T Performance
    I've got to read the manual for this also. My car automatically adjusted the seat before I got the cue update. Now I've been playing with settings trying to get it back. I'll have to keep an eye on the forum just incase you guys figure it out before me.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

UPDATE: Think I got some answers...

Just was down to see my SA to sort out this mess. Here's the way it goes:

1. When setting any Vehicle Personalization>Comfort and Convenience>Auto Memory Recall and, the settings will apply to ONLY the owner of the Remote that is in the car at that time. So, obviously, but not expressly stated in the manual, if two folks are driving the car, make settings with each Remote separately.

2. The seats do move back and forth with a SINGLE touch of Seat Button 1/2 WHEN the car is ON; otherwise, hold the button until into desired position.

3. The front part of the seat does go up/down, but the rear part of the seat doesn't. Not too sure about this, but as I had my seat raised to the highest position, the front up/down wasn't made to function in that position.

4. If two folks are driving the car, the best way to set up OVERALL (getting in, seated, getting out) seat positioning is:
    a. Set your seat positions (1 or 2, and Exit) with ONLY your Remote in car
    b. Set Easy Exit Options to ON with YOUR Remote in car
    c. Set Auto Memory Recall (with YOUR Remote) to "On-At Ignition On." Why ignition on rather than when first opening the door? With having
    already set your auto seat and auto exit positions, here's how it works:

When you first get into the car, the seat will be in exit position (seat has moved to Exit position when your earlier got out of the car),
    allowing for easy entry. If one has the seat set to move into driving position when door is first opened, for shorter folks who like to be
    nearer the dash, their seat setting usually is close to the steering wheel and it could be a tight fit when first getting in. Having seat set to
    Exit on entry allows for more comfortable getting in.
    huna, huna, msheikh25 and 3 others like this.

Thanks a LOT flycaster! That will save me and many others who read it a lot of time and frustration.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Most of this was not working for me either. Then I realized that I had both remotes in my pocket when the dealer walked me through all the settings. I reset everything to factory and then set everything to my liking and it all seems to be working now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.