Missing the V
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Missing the V in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have had my ATS for about 2 months now and overall I am happy with the car but it ...
    isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual

Missing the V

I have had my ATS for about 2 months now and overall I am happy with the car but it is just not enough power for me. I leased the car on purpose so that I would not spend money on tuning the car.

I was thinking of doing a lease transfer and picking up a second gen V.
    I dont know how lease transfers work so I thought I would ask here.
    I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo, 6Spd Manual, Cue. Thunder Gray Chromoflair paint color. Just tinted the windows 20 in the rear and 35 in the front.
    I have a 36 Month lease/ 10k miles per year.

My payment is 298 a month

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Missing the V

I know what you mean. My girlfriend and I miss our V terribly.

Don't get me wrong: ATS is a very nice car, especially in the interior quality and connectivity. But the sound and feel of that V8...tingling through that 6 speed row...

Man...I miss that girl...

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

same hear sold my g8 gt and just leaced a 2.0 ATS but miss my v8 ATS is a really nice car but having hard time getting used to it. MY leace is $285 nothing down but i really want to give it a chance before i make any desission of putting it up. So i guess there is going to be guys hear with same V8 taste as me

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I think there are some things cadillac could do to make the ats's motor hit a little harder, instead of being so linear. Probably a little more boost and a little less tq. Management would help. Also work with the gearing some. Or maybe just make the 2.5l a turbo as well and pick up a little off the line power.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Speak with the dealership, they might be able to help. As another option, take a look at this website:
    http://www.leasetrader.com/

you yourself can transfer your lease to someone else, take over another person's lease, or trade.
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Speak with the dealership, they might be able to help. As another option, take a look at this website:
    http://www.leasetrader.com/

you yourself can transfer your lease to someone else, take over another person's lease, or trade.
    Thanks ill check it out

----------

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    I know what you mean. My girlfriend and I miss our V terribly.

Don't get me wrong: ATS is a very nice car, especially in the interior quality and connectivity. But the sound and feel of that V8...tingling through that 6 speed row...

Man...I miss that girl...
    Lol I agree, I want my V8 back.
    The way I look at it, my monthly payment is pretty low I am pretty sure I can get someone to take it over without a problem. Just need to search for the right V now.

exesivefire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0t AWD
    Glad I'm not the only one....

Love my ats, but now that the new car charm wore off, I miss the ls3 that was in my g8.

The 2.0t is just not what I hoped it would be. To make it worse I got a 3.6 as a loaner and immediately regretted not getting the v6.

I have been shopping for a vette, but I purchased. So I'm screwed I think.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

I've been searching for a used V since October (I'm deployed and don't get home until August, so I haven't been in a hurry, just researching). I was pretty sure I was set on getting a V, but then I read a review of the ATS from someone that has a V and they made me consider getting an ATS. I'm not a motorhead and have no interest in modifying whatever I end up getting. I love to drive and whatever I buy will get driven; not looking for something to sit in my garage and look cool. Never had a high performance vehicle or a muscle car. I want a V because it is THE V! So now I'm torn between the ATS which sounds much more refined with a better interior or a bit rougher and dated interior that kiss some serious ass.

I am going home on R&R next month and plan on driving both... might be in a better position to be happy with the ATS, since I won't know what I'm missing already having a V. This post caught my eye, being from people that had a V and now regret giving it up.

I've been hanging out on the V section of the board, but now I've got to get caught up on what the scoop is with the ATS in this section of the board.

Good thing I've got until August to figure it all out... lol

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    If you end up with ATS get the 3.6, I wish I had.

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

I was thinking of going with 3.6 but for some reason been holding back. Girl friend has been giving me a hard time about a Cadillac and kids think I should go the C7 route. Now it is just finding a dealer willing to do a GMS.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Between this thread and reading posts on the V side of the house, I am seriously on the fence on which way to go. I've been looking for a 12 CTS-V, but maybe I'll lower my standards, find a great deal on an 09/10, play with that for a year or two until the ATS-V and CTS-Vsport are on the streets and decide which of those would be a better option for my retirement vehicle. Then I can get having a V out of my system and decide it I really want that much power. I like being comfortable and gadets, so the newer technology is definitely a draw; just gotta decide how much power I want to go with it!

Quote Originally Posted by IBMike View Post
    I've been searching for a used V since October (I'm deployed and don't get home until August, so I haven't been in a hurry, just researching). I was pretty sure I was set on getting a V, but then I read a review of the ATS from someone that has a V and they made me consider getting an ATS. I'm not a motorhead and have no interest in modifying whatever I end up getting. I love to drive and whatever I buy will get driven; not looking for something to sit in my garage and look cool. Never had a high performance vehicle or a muscle car. I want a V because it is THE V! So now I'm torn between the ATS which sounds much more refined with a better interior or a bit rougher and dated interior that kiss some serious ass.

I am going home on R&R next month and plan on driving both... might be in a better position to be happy with the ATS, since I won't know what I'm missing already having a V. This post caught my eye, being from people that had a V and now regret giving it up.

I've been hanging out on the V section of the board, but now I've got to get caught up on what the scoop is with the ATS in this section of the board.

Good thing I've got until August to figure it all out... lol
    The ATS is a very nice car. Interior is fantastic and CUE works for me with no problems. However, and this is a big deal for me at least is the lack of power. I had an 05 V and the power was great, when you punched it you feel the power. Get a V you will not be disappointed!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I had an '09 CTS-V with a manual, and gave it up for my manual ATS Premium two months ago. Certainly, it's a very different car. One can't expect a car with half the power to give the same feeling as a car with 556 hp and 551 lb/ft of torque. Is it powerless? Absolutely not. It's just in a different powerband than I'm used to. Despite the peak torque rating starting at 1500, you don't really feel it until 3000+. Then there is plenty of shove, as much as most people could safely use on the street. While I loved the feeling of limitless power, at almost any RPM, I also realized that I could almost never use most of it. Meaning, I could never floor it. Too much power for traffic, and the rev limiter comes up really fast. I had to short shift all the time to keep out of the power, especially to protect my license.

After a period of adjustment, I have relearned how to request power, by down-shifting and flooring it. How novel. What have I gained? Well, for starters, I'm getting much better mileage, and my range is now quite reasonable, close to 400 miles per tankful. Plus, the car is much more maneuverable in traffic, and easier to park, all because of the smaller size. The handling is pretty similar to the V, and the ride is almost as good, so I'm not missing much there. The brakes are quite good, too, at least for the street. The build quality is definitely better than my V. The Performance seats are as comfortable as my Recaros were, and easier to get in and out of, though they don't hold me quite as securely at higher Gs. The Nav system is a bit harder to learn/use at times, but it's performance is considerably better than the system in the CTS.

The ATS is a good city car, and is capable of the performance I need while being much cheaper to own and run. Will I consider the ATS-V in the future? Yes, though I'm not sure it will fulfill my needs any better. I may consider a tune for my current car, and maybe some other mods, too, but overall, I'm pretty happy.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

With Pfadt showing 400rwhp for their add-on package and up to 450 you would not be missing the "V".

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    With Pfadt showing 400rwhp for their add-on package and up to 450 you would not be missing the "V".
    Ya but now we are back to modding and that is something I want to avoid.
    Also, IMHO the ATS does not sound that great and putting an exhaust on would just make it feel like a rice rocket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.