Missing the V - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Missing the V in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; You don't have to be loud to be fast, think CTS-V....
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Missing the V

You don't have to be loud to be fast, think CTS-V.

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul
    You don't have to be loud to be fast, think CTS-V.
    I agree, but the natural sound of a cts-v vs. ATS, which is better.

YoshiFD3S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Manual, '11 Sonata 2.0T, '94 Mazda RX-7 w/ 2JZ

You guys are literally comparing apples to oranges....a 2.0T 4 cylinder to a supercharged V8. Oy vey.

My brother just bought a brand new CTS-V sedan and I just picked up my ATS 2.0T manual on Friday.

My other car is the 2011 Sonata 2.0T. The motors are essentially the same in theory, both are direct-injected 2.0L turbo 4-cylinders.

I've been a recognized pioneer in the Sonata community as the guinea pig for Injen, Borla, and the first custom ECU tune.

The Sonata is rocking an easy 300+HP and stil gets 30+ MPG's on the highway all day.

This car is exactly the same. It's fun enough out of the box, but I agree that it simply needs another 50+ to really be satisfying.

For me, I fully intend to go with a custom-fabricated intercooler/BOV setup, full 2.5 or 3" exhaust, and a tune. 350rwhp in a 6-speed manual...yeah, that's all I need.

From my brief time on these forums since purchasing my car I get the feeling you guys were simply wanting more from the car without having to do anything TO it.

I suppose my only real suggestion would be to trade it in either for the ATS-V when it comes out, or just for the CTS-V that you guys seem to be more fond of. lol

You guys DID test-drive the car before buying it right? lol
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

This whole thread is interesting to me. I went from a 97 z28 to an ats 3.6. I really wanted a v but it wasn't really in the cards and I really liked the look of the ats. The 3.6 is certainly fast but still doesn't feel as fast as my z28 even though it has 35 more hp and a few hundred lbs lighter. I think it has more to do with how to drive it. I think they purposely power them where they are to make people consider something faster. Like 50 more hp it would be the perfect car but then they wouldn't sell the high performance models. I'm looking forward to eventually checking out an ats-v but if I've learned anything recently, no v6 will substitute for a v8 for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    You guys are literally comparing apples to oranges....a 2.0T 4 cylinder to a supercharged V8. Oy vey.

My brother just bought a brand new CTS-V sedan and I just picked up my ATS 2.0T manual on Friday.

My other car is the 2011 Sonata 2.0T. The motors are essentially the same in theory, both are direct-injected 2.0L turbo 4-cylinders.

I've been a recognized pioneer in the Sonata community as the guinea pig for Injen, Borla, and the first custom ECU tune.

The Sonata is rocking an easy 300+HP and stil gets 30+ MPG's on the highway all day.

This car is exactly the same. It's fun enough out of the box, but I agree that it simply needs another 50+ to really be satisfying.

For me, I fully intend to go with a custom-fabricated intercooler/BOV setup, full 2.5 or 3" exhaust, and a tune. 350rwhp in a 6-speed manual...yeah, that's all I need.

From my brief time on these forums since purchasing my car I get the feeling you guys were simply wanting more from the car without having to do anything TO it.

I suppose my only real suggestion would be to trade it in either for the ATS-V when it comes out, or just for the CTS-V that you guys seem to be more fond of. lol

You guys DID test-drive the car before buying it right? lol
    LOL, I did test drive the car and thought I could live with it.
    The handling on the ATS is fantastic but the lack of power makes me want to cry (manly cry)

I already started looking for a CTS-V, once I find a used one with the configuration I want, I will dump the ATS

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan

The handling on the ATS is fantastic but the lack of power makes me want to cry (manly cry)

I already started looking for a CTS-V, once I find a used one with the configuration I want, I will dump the ATS
    Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS20T

Yawn.
    You a f*g?

ATS20T is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan

You a f*g?
    Dunno. What is a f*g?

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan View Post
    You a f*g?
    I would suggest discontinuing this conversation. Now.

As for the OP, you essentially have two choices.

1) sell the car and Transfer the lease (remaining payments plus a fee are typical) this would be the best way out as it costs the least amount of money, but it's totally dependent on you finding a seller and them qualifying for the same lease rates. *some* lease agreements stipulate that you may become liable for the payments again should the new leasor fail to make their payments as well.

2) return the car and pay the difference between the remaining lease payments and the value of the vehicle.

In my particular situation this is about $8-9,000... which of course is extremely costly, but occasionally there are certain incentives that popup to alleviate this. That's how I got out of my last lease where I was under the loan by 10K, an Ally incentive that provided $6,600 in the form of a cost-cap reduction allowed me to step into my new lease for only $3K down and a $50 increase in the monthly payment.

My suggestion? Try to transfer the lease.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I sold my 630hp V. A 2.0T ATS would appeal to me. But maybe that's because I drive a Town Car for a living...

NipponSteel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Pm ns

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I sold my 630hp V. A 2.0T ATS would appeal to me. But maybe that's because I drive a Town Car for a living...
    holy.. you sold it? D=

I can't say anything I suppose, Mine's about to kick off as well.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, tis sad.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by isakhanyan View Post

Oh man. Sadly I might have to agree. I don't want to sound unappreciative because I love my car but after only 500 miles I might be already be regretting getting it. I mean it's by far nicer than any car I've ever owned but it might just not be fast enough. I test drove it for 48 hours and thought it would be fine but my 97 z28 still feels faster. The ats has 40 more hp and 300 lbs lighter so I can't see how that's possible. Maybe the caddy just doesn't feel as fast because it's so much smoother and quieter? My camaro has run the quarter in about 14 flat. I believe the 3.6 awd is supposed to run about the same. I'm already thinking ats-v. Is that bad since I just got my ats 2 weeks ago?

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    After reading most of the posts here and my feelings on the car, I don't think we miss the power or speed of our v8s I think it is more of the sound and bruit force of the v8 engine. The problem I have had is getting used to driving a v6 period. It is plenty fast and has good power but the scream of a v6 will never sound as good as a roaring v8. I went from a Chevy avalanche with a 5.3 and a corsa exhaust to the 3.6. They both have about the same HP, the 5.3 just had more torque. I still own a 2011 Hyundai genesis with the 4.6 liter engine(385 HP ) and trust me it feels stronger but my ATS and it have about the same 0-60 times because the genesis is heavier. I guess we have to remember that the ATS was built around the BMW 3 series which always had a 4 or a 6 cylinder engine which also attracted different types of people who for the most part did not buy American muscle cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.