Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS changes for 2014 MY

15K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  pissedoffwookiee 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: more details here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-2014-ats-features-equipment.html#post3290927

The following is from: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/meet-your-2014-cadillac-lineup-117709/

Deletions

• Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
  • Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
  • Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic
  • Exterior color (GWV) Summer Gold Metallic
  • (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package
  • (RAO) Audio system, AM/FM stereo, dual USB ports, SD card slot and auxiliary audio port
  • (ITF) Interface Auxiliary Device Connectivity
  • (TSQ) Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console
  • (UY4) Navigation system
  • (Y64) CUE Infotainment System
  • NOTE: (RAO), (ITF), (UY4) and (Y64) replaced by (IO3), (IO5) and (IO6)

New Features

• Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat - available at extra charge
  • Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic
  • Exterior color G7U Majestic Plum Metallic - available at extra charge
  • 110V standard plug power receptacle, located in the rear of the front center console, added to the (Y26) CUE and Navigation Package
  • IntelliBeam headlamp high beam auto control added to the (Y65) Driver Awareness Package and (Y66) Driver Assist Package
  • (VEB) Pedal cover set, LPO
  • (RJP) 225/35ZR19 front and 225/30ZR19 rear, Y-rated, summer performance tires, LPO
  • (5XW) 19" ultra-bright machined finish aluminum wheels with silver premium painted pockets, LPO
  • (5XY) 19" Manoogian premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
  • (5XZ) 19" gloss Black premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
  • (VNI) Black chrome rear trim, LPO
  • (5XR) Sport grille, Black chrome, LPO

Changes

• Inside rearview mirror now frameless
  • Thicker sport steering wheel included with all (KB7) Magnesium steering wheel paddle shift control equipped vehicles
  • PEG lineup change.

The only thing I see that I like better for 2014 is the addition of Intellibeam. Would be nice on the 1 day (or less) per year I drive at night outside the city. When I saw the Plum color I thought that might be nice but they have a picture of a wagon in that article and it seems to be a very light color like the discontinued Glacial Blue and wouldn’t be something I wanted. A dark purple, though or a dark green would have been great along with some non metallic paints other than black.

I never even heard of (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package which was deleted.

See less See more
#8 ·
Found this on in the same thread, these accessories might be the ones that become options on 2014 ATS. You can see pics of 19 inch and black chrome grill.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/meet-your-2014-cadillac-lineup-117709/index2.html
The accessories document is an attachement in post 25, seems like a GM Internal document.

Just picked up my 3.6 Performance this week, and to me the thicker steering wheel is what I feel I will miss most :)

#6 ·
It says most or all of those were given new RPOs. The names live on, they just have a different internal code.

----------

How many would pony up extra cash to have intellibeam retro fited to their 2013ATS....if that's possible?
Until someone can see how it ties into the rest of the car, its will just be speculation. I've seen more complex features on other cars be easy to retrofit and ones that would seem trivial be virtually impossible. The fact that the 2013s were supposed to have Intellibeam helps the odds. I'd retrofit it if cheap enough just to get rid of the addendum to the 2013 owner's manual saying the feature was dropped. LoL

#25 · (Edited)
I was curious about this too. This post seems to shed a little light on what the TSQ package really is. See item #13 in this post:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ussion-forum/269124-ambient-lighting-ats.html

My reading of the above post suggests to me that the TSQ package refers to interior accent lighting and not to the exterior LED accents that are so cool looking. Also the TSQ package is apparently standard on all 2013 ATS trim levels. This would also exclude the exterior LED accents which we know are not included on the base level ATS. Still unclear is exactly what dropping TSQ really means. Perhaps the designation was dropped because it is standard on all trim levels? Or perhaps they are slightly changing the interior lighting?

#7 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
From: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/meet-your-2014-cadillac-lineup-117709/

The only thing I see that I like better for 2014 is the addition of Intellibeam. Would be nice on the 1 day (or less) per year I drive at night outside the city. When I saw the Plum color I thought that might be nice but they have a picture of a wagon in that article and it seems to be a very light color like the discontinued Glacial Blue and wouldn’t be something I wanted. A dark purple, though or a dark green would have been great along with some non metallic paints other than black.

I never even heard of (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package which was deleted.
Actually, I think those are prior year stock photos. I'm betting the majestic plum will be a dark color.

#22 ·
Well I guess this MY2014 info explains why Crystal Red and Thunder Gray are no longer shown on the ATS "Build Your Own" color selection web page. And on another topic, I recall reading, when the ATS was introduced, that factory installed wheels would be limited to 18 inches in the interest of weight savings and handling/ride characteristics. Now it looks as though 19" wheels will be available from the factory? Stylistically, I have felt that the ATS has looked a little "under-tired" even with the 18" wheels, but I hope that the larger wheels won't compromise the ATS's excellent dynamics.

#23 ·
OOPs. Sorry, I'm still a rookie here. Now I see that all the 19" wheel options (in the OP) are listed with an "LPO" tag. I assume that means limited availability of some sort? Perhaps a dealer installed option? So probably the 18" wheels (along with the 17's) are still the mainstream wheel offerings?

#27 ·
Where is the 8-speed auto? Damn! Are they going to make we wait another year? I guess the Aisin transmissions are too expensive and they are waiting for the GM-sourced one after all? I can't believe they got rid of the Crystal Red. That's the color they used in nearly all of the ads. Not to mention, it's by far my favorite color!

#34 ·
Until someone can see how it ties into the rest of the car, its will just be speculation. I've seen more complex features on other cars be easy to retrofit and ones that would seem trivial be virtually impossible. The fact that the 2013s were supposed to have Intellibeam helps the odds. I'd retrofit it if cheap enough just to get rid of the addendum to the 2013 owner's manual saying the feature was dropped. LoL
I've done it on my xts. If there is someone local with an ats I could try it ;)

#41 ·
I found a configurator with 2014 colors. The new gray is very dark. The new red not much different, a bit less toward purple. Here is what a 2014 ATS in Majestic Plumb should look like although the color chip I saw at a dealer back in April looked darker and grayer to me:

Majestic Plumb ATS by Hoosier Daddy, on Flickr

----------

I posted some info from another site in another thread that indicated HIDs would be available on Luxury models. The 2014 Printbooks are out and unfortunately there is NO option of HIDs (or LED accent lights) for the Luxury Collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.