ATS changes for 2014 MY - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS changes for 2014 MY in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Eric Grant Crystal Red has been around for a long time, albeit only a year on the ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Grant
    Crystal Red has been around for a long time, albeit only a year on the ATS. Maybe Cadillac decided it was time to retire it. It was starting to seem pretty overused in all the Cadillac promotional materials (IMO).
    I think they had a paint supplier issue.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    This is pisses me off about car companies today, when they come out with a new car they change things the next year. I mean they it be out for at least 2 years before updating stuff.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Until someone can see how it ties into the rest of the car, its will just be speculation. I've seen more complex features on other cars be easy to retrofit and ones that would seem trivial be virtually impossible. The fact that the 2013s were supposed to have Intellibeam helps the odds. I'd retrofit it if cheap enough just to get rid of the addendum to the 2013 owner's manual saying the feature was dropped. LoL
    I've done it on my xts. If there is someone local with an ats I could try it

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    I've done it on my xts. If there is someone local with an ats I could try it
    If I wasn't almost 2,000 miles away, I'd take you up on it. Any chance you could post how you added Intellibeam to your XTS?

I own a company that does custom software for GM vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    If I wasn't almost 2,000 miles away, I'd take you up on it. Any chance you could post how you added Intellibeam to your XTS?
    I own a company that does custom software for GM vehicles
    Okay. That doesn't answer the question of how to do it but raises others. Are you saying you added Intellibeam to XTSs with just software? And is your interest/intent to devise DIY instructions for 2013 ATS owners or to sell a solution to ATS owners? If the latter, what do you charge XTS owners?

Okay. That doesn't answer the question of how to do it but raises others. Are you saying you added Intellibeam to XTSs with just software? And is your interest/intent to devise DIY instructions for 2013 ATS owners or to sell a solution to ATS owners? If the latter, what do you charge XTS owners?
    Yes custom software in the application of the XTS. I'd like to see if it works on the ATS as well however I do not currently sell this upgrade (I just finished it last week). I'll try and get a video of it working up its pretty cool!

Yes custom software in the application of the XTS. I'd like to see if it works on the ATS as well however I do not currently sell this upgrade (I just finished it last week). I'll try and get a video of it working up its pretty cool!
    Will be watching for it.

If you weren't already planning to, can I suggest posting it in a new thread. Interested parties might not open this one or return to it.

Will be watching for it.

If you weren't already planning to, can I suggest posting it in a new thread. Interested parties might not open this one or return to it.
    Well I'm not a sponsor so I don't want to push it. If someone else wants to post however

I found a configurator with 2014 colors. The new gray is very dark. The new red not much different, a bit less toward purple. Here is what a 2014 ATS in Majestic Plumb should look like although the color chip I saw at a dealer back in April looked darker and grayer to me:

Majestic Plumb ATS by Hoosier Daddy, on Flickr

----------

I posted some info from another site in another thread that indicated HIDs would be available on Luxury models. The 2014 Printbooks are out and unfortunately there is NO option of HIDs (or LED accent lights) for the Luxury Collection.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    I found a configurator with 2014 colors. The new gray is very dark.
    I wonder if it's the same gray featured on the 2014 CTS that recently debuted. I betcha it is.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

this is what the framless mirror looks like. It looks fantastic.

compared to the old and busted;

I'm hoping the rainsense switchover will be easy to this new mirror. I want it. Baddly.

I'm also curious about the steering wheel. Thicker? Are the paddle shift wheels in the premium thicker than the performance? This is the only reference I could think of when there might be a difference between the two paddle wheels.

HeatherR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS, 10 CTS-V

New mirror is very nice. The new wheel is thick, but I'd have to do a direct comparison to the old? I like it. I don't have the paddle shifters (I have a manual trans). I was torn between black diamond and blue-went with the blue and am very happy!

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console...

This makes me happy to have the 2013.

Things this car needs (some as options)...
    1) a/c seats
    2) Rear heated seats
    3) 8 speed automatic
    4) some sort of clear coat on the center stack to cut down on fingerprints...
    5) faster CUE processor (I am satisfied with it but could be faster)
    6) better exhaust note. I have the 3.6 and its not throaty, its kinda tinny.

Why we would go away from LEDs I have no clue, especially since the SRX CTS and XTS have all kinds of accent lighting.

And I don't like the frameless mirror because those buttons are glowing in my eyes every time I look back to check traffic. I like the design but keep the buttons where they are now (by the sunroof switches)

M5eater does your rear view mirror look like the second image you posted? My parents old 2001 suburban have that... but my ATS doesn't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.