ATS changes for 2014 MY - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS changes for 2014 MY in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by investor74 Hard to decipher, but it looks like the only radio is CUE with NAV. Deleted RAO ...
  1. #16
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,800

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Hard to decipher, but it looks like the only radio is CUE with NAV. Deleted RAO (base radio?)
    It says RAO has been replaced by IO3.

  2. #17
    grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    69

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    (RJP) 225/35ZR19 front and 225/30ZR19 rear, Y-rated, summer performance tires, LPO

    That has to be a typo. Overall wheel/tire diameter in the back is...smaller???!!!

  3. #18
    Dave3283's Avatar
    Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper
    (RJP) 225/35ZR19 front and 225/30ZR19 rear, Y-rated, summer performance tires, LPO

    That has to be a typo. Overall wheel/tire diameter in the back is...smaller???!!!
    Those 19's will ride like a tank.

  4. #19
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    673

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Those tire sizes will not work well with traction control. If the rears rotate faster than the fronts the TC will assume tire slippage.

  5. #20
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,800

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    Those tire sizes will not work well with traction control. If the rears rotate faster than the fronts the TC will assume tire slippage.
    Grasshopper is right. It has to be a misprint.

  6. #21
    Fraggy's Avatar
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    Grasshopper is right. It has to be a misprint.
    It is. On the caddy site it even lists the premium with 225s in the rear, way wrong.

  7. #22
    Eric Grant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Well I guess this MY2014 info explains why Crystal Red and Thunder Gray are no longer shown on the ATS "Build Your Own" color selection web page. And on another topic, I recall reading, when the ATS was introduced, that factory installed wheels would be limited to 18 inches in the interest of weight savings and handling/ride characteristics. Now it looks as though 19" wheels will be available from the factory? Stylistically, I have felt that the ATS has looked a little "under-tired" even with the 18" wheels, but I hope that the larger wheels won't compromise the ATS's excellent dynamics.

  8. #23
    Eric Grant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Grant View Post
    Well I guess this MY2014 info explains why Crystal Red and Thunder Gray are no longer shown on the ATS "Build Your Own" color selection web page. And on another topic, I recall reading, when the ATS was introduced, that factory installed wheels would be limited to 18 inches in the interest of weight savings and handling/ride characteristics. Now it looks as though 19" wheels will be available from the factory? Stylistically, I have felt that the ATS has looked a little "under-tired" even with the 18" wheels, but I hope that the larger wheels won't compromise the ATS's excellent dynamics.
    OOPs. Sorry, I'm still a rookie here. Now I see that all the 19" wheel options (in the OP) are listed with an "LPO" tag. I assume that means limited availability of some sort? Perhaps a dealer installed option? So probably the 18" wheels (along with the 17's) are still the mainstream wheel offerings?

  9. #24
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,800

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Grant View Post
    OOPs. Sorry, I'm still a rookie here. Now I see that all the 19" wheel options (in the OP) are listed with an "LPO" tag. I assume that means limited availability of some sort? Perhaps a dealer installed option? So probably the 18" wheels (along with the 17's) are still the mainstream wheel offerings?
    LPO stands for Limited Promotional Offering. Usually that means dealer installed.

  10. #25
    Eric Grant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    They also deleted LED lighting? Shame, it was a classy touch too. I'm pleased to see intellibeam though...
    I was curious about this too. This post seems to shed a little light on what the TSQ package really is. See item #13 in this post:

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hting-ats.html

    My reading of the above post suggests to me that the TSQ package refers to interior accent lighting and not to the exterior LED accents that are so cool looking. Also the TSQ package is apparently standard on all 2013 ATS trim levels. This would also exclude the exterior LED accents which we know are not included on the base level ATS. Still unclear is exactly what dropping TSQ really means. Perhaps the designation was dropped because it is standard on all trim levels? Or perhaps they are slightly changing the interior lighting?

  11. #26
    jeffc83's Avatar
    jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Grant View Post

    I was curious about this too. This post seems to shed a little light on what the TSQ package really is. See item #13 in this post:

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hting-ats.html

    My reading of the above post suggests to me that the TSQ package refers to interior accent lighting and not to the exterior LED accents that are so cool looking. Also the TSQ package is apparently standard on all 2013 ATS trim levels. This would also exclude the exterior LED accents which we know are not included on the base level ATS. Still unclear is exactly what dropping TSQ really means. Perhaps the designation was dropped because it is standard on all trim levels? Or perhaps they are slightly changing the interior lighting?
    Good question...guess we'll have to wait and see! I'm hoping they're making the exterior LEDs standard and are just changing the interior lighting. They dropped the foot well lighting on the current gen CTS, which doesn't sound too promising.

  12. #27
    bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    162

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Where is the 8-speed auto? Damn! Are they going to make we wait another year? I guess the Aisin transmissions are too expensive and they are waiting for the GM-sourced one after all? I can't believe they got rid of the Crystal Red. That's the color they used in nearly all of the ads. Not to mention, it's by far my favorite color!

  13. #28
    Bullsweet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS - 2.0T Performance
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwalters View Post
    Where is the 8-speed auto? Damn! Are they going to make we wait another year? I guess the Aisin transmissions are too expensive and they are waiting for the GM-sourced one after all? I can't believe they got rid of the Crystal Red. That's the color they used in nearly all of the ads. Not to mention, it's by far my favorite color!
    I'm slightly surprised also. My car is black and while it gets a lot of second looks, the Crystal Red loaner I drove got more looks (and it was a base model). Almost made me reconsider my choice but I have driven enough cars in that color family.

  14. #29
    Eric Grant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    Crystal Red has been around for a long time, albeit only a year on the ATS. Maybe Cadillac decided it was time to retire it. It was starting to seem pretty overused in all the Cadillac promotional materials (IMO).

  15. #30
    bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    162

    Re: ATS changes for 2014 MY

    I agree that the red was probably overused in the ads.

    Has anybody seen the new red in person? The rep at the Austin auto show said it had a lot of orange in it, which I'm not sure I would like.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting