I just spent 2 days........
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hoosier Daddy
  • 2 Post By hood101010
  • 2 Post By ben.gators
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I just spent 2 days........ in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Washing/Waxing my Car. I had taken my car to get the CUE update and they washed it leaving behind swirl ...
    bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

I just spent 2 days........

Washing/Waxing my Car. I had taken my car to get the CUE update and they washed it leaving behind swirl city and halos. So I took it upon myself to detail it.

Wash/Clay/Wash followed by 3x Cutting, 2x Polish and 1x Wax.

I have never done this before and didn't realize exactly how hard and long the process is. This was with a Porter Cable DA with 3D Professional Pads and HD products. I started Saturday around 1:30pm and called it a night around 11pm. I picked up where I left off at 11:30am this morning and finished at 10:30pm. I only stopped to eat both days so literally I spent my entire weekend Washing/Waxing. I have a new respect for those that make a living doing this.

The end result is well worth the effort for the 30m it will stay dust free

I wanted to take some pictures but I finished too late. Man what a leaning experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: I just spent 2 days........

This is why I NEVER let a dealer wash my cars.

You should mention who the dealer was so others in the area can make an informed decision about letting them wash their car.
    CTSjones and CTSjones like this.

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Never let dealer wash your car.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    that and put a big, giant note on the dash and hang another one from the rear view mirror which say: Please do NOT wash my car!

maxima10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    Washing/Waxing my Car. I had taken my car to get the CUE update and they washed it leaving behind swirl city and halos. So I took it upon myself to detail it.

Wash/Clay/Wash followed by 3x Cutting, 2x Polish and 1x Wax.

I have never done this before and didn't realize exactly how hard and long the process is. This was with a Porter Cable DA with 3D Professional Pads and HD products. I started Saturday around 1:30pm and called it a night around 11pm. I picked up where I left off at 11:30am this morning and finished at 10:30pm. I only stopped to eat both days so literally I spent my entire weekend Washing/Waxing. I have a new respect for those that make a living doing this.

The end result is well worth the effort for the 30m it will stay dust free

I wanted to take some pictures but I finished too late. Man what a leaning experience.
    No clean Lac pics?

zr1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Prem 2.0T AWD Black Raven Red

My dealer looks at my car and always says to me you don't want us to wash you car do you.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    ^
    that and put a big, giant note on the dash and hang another one from the rear view mirror which say: Please do NOT wash my car!
    My note doesn't say please. It says: do NOT wash my car because suicide (by customer) is illegal and a sin.

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

LOL - No pics. I got off of work and rode BART home. When I got to my car it was a nice deep pool of black with a nice layer of Yellow coating the entire car. Have to love pollen season with a black car. However, there is not a swirl to be seen. After this weekend you can guarantee that I will have a note saying "do NOT wash my car" at my next service.

Bullsweet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS - 2.0T Performance
    Just created an index card to put in my car top make sure they know not to wash mine next time. That's got to be the worst car wash ever. I might as well go to Autobell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.