Plasti-Dip?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Plasti-Dip? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone "Plast-Dipped" thier ATS? I have a raven black 2.0 Performance model and I think there's to much chrome ...
    ffamousamos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Plasti-Dip?

Has anyone "Plast-Dipped" thier ATS? I have a raven black 2.0 Performance model and I think there's to much chrome on it. Thinking about coating the wheels, window trim and grill. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I was considering doing the grill and window trim but haven't gotten to it yet (weather mainly).
    However I think instead of doing the grill, I'm planning on just purchasing the black chrome grill that Cadillac offers. I'm thinking it may look better anyhow.

Y2tony3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: Plasti-Dip?

I am going to paint my chrome moldings and grill black. Definitely makes the car look more aggressive if thats the look your going for. Thinking of the mesh grill but the factory one looks good too so I'm going to see how it looks painted first before I spend 700 on a grill.

I will be painting and customizing my ATS to the fullest but not until I have a drop kit for it, which no company has made yet!! I don't like leaving things half done. The wait is killing me!!!

RxATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L premium

A guy on instagram posted pics of his ATS w/ black rims and grill he did using plast-dip. If you have instagram, search for the user name "henschel760"

Nscala18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I recently picked up the 2014 Cadillac ATS in phantom gray. I was wondering what people think about plasti dipping the wheels black and how it would look. I haven't seen a picture of the car with it but I just wanted to get peoples take on it

Thank you

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

image.jpg
    Plasti dip was great for me. Now I am having it all powder coated. Black raven performance.

Attachment 193665
    Plasti dip was great for me. Now I am having it all powder coated. Black raven performance.

image.jpg
    Here's another. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

How do you think it would look with phantom gray car paint with the plasti dipped wheels?

Think it would look good. The great thing about it is if you don't like it, just peel her back off.
    That is what I just did and the good ole ats is going in next thursday for some powder coating.

Exactly, Thats what i figured. I just wanted to see what other people thought. Thank you

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Thoughts?

I wouldn't do anything unless you're completely removing the part.

Plastidip, like actual paint, gets everywhere you haven't masked off within a 10' radius.

In terms of removal, that greatly depends on your application method and layers, too thin and you'll need a pressure washer and a few hours to take anything off.

I can't believe that some people acutally do their whole car with the stuff, it must get int every single little Orpheus that they'll never be able to remove.

That said I've used it with great sucess, the C4's wheels are going on a almost a year of the stuff on my chrome rims and it hasn't peeled yet (granted I've driven it < 5K miles probably)

photo (2).JPG Thats the color of it with the regular polished wheels.

I havent done anything to my car yet. If I do plasti dip it, I am only doing the rims

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Groomie View Post
    Think it would look good. The great thing about it is if you don't like it, just peel her back off.
    That is what I just did and the good ole ats is going in next thursday for some powder coating.
    Are they able to take the window trim pieces off? (assuming you are getting the window trim done) I checked with my dealer and they felt like it could be a problem taking off the trim pieces in that they were just stuck on and could easily bend trying to remove them. Mine goes in in 2 weeks for them to paint the trim, door handles, grill and lower DRL horizontal bar. They are just painting the handles and trim while on the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.