It was bound to happen :(
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Stevo Supremo
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, It was bound to happen :( in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I curbed my front passenger wheel yesterday. Pissed me off to no end and was stupid on my part. Not ...
    bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

It was bound to happen :(

I curbed my front passenger wheel yesterday. Pissed me off to no end and was stupid on my part. Not too bad and I have a buddy that fixes wheels for a living and will get him to fix it for me. If I was this upset over this then I pity the person that dents my door

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: It was bound to happen :(

lol well.. thats a nice excuse to get some sweet aftermarket wheels now!
    Ihuntv8 and Ihuntv8 like this.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

There is always a silver lining!

sebas042886 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I did it too, its not too bad but these things annoy me. Does anyone know about how much it'd cost to get something like this repaired?

Quote Originally Posted by sebas042886 View Post
    I did it too, its not too bad but these things annoy me. Does anyone know about how much it'd cost to get something like this repaired?
    I have not heard back from my buddy but I think he normally charges like 40-60 for it. Depending on damage of course.

depends on the rim, what style wheel was it?

if its the polished anything it'll be an easy (ish) fix. Grind the rash down and buff it back to a shine.

if its the premium painted/machined wheel it'll be hard to get a perfect look back.

I really want to buy a set of black rims for this car, like the D3 caddy.. god damn thats a sexy car!

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Bravik, what rim do you have?

I have 18" machined finished wheels...with a curb rash on the face of the rim...wondering if this is repairable.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    Bravik, what rim do you have?

I have 18" machined finished wheels...with a curb rash on the face of the rim...wondering if this is repairable.
    My Cadillac dealership took care of it (I have the premium polished 18" aluminum rims) for about $50 a wheel plus $20 for clear coat....they usually have several guys who do this for a living (sub contractors) who they use all the time to repair rims on their used car lot. I'm sure if you contact your dealership, they could take care of this for you. Just be aware, that depending on the rash, if it extends beyond the rim edge to the facing of the wheel, it will have to be blended in and won't be absolutely perfect if you look real close.....but not noticeable at all if you are standing and looking at them. My two wheels look brand new again.... Pretty amazing!

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I know polished wheels and painted wheels are not too bad to repair...add filler...sand...polish/paint/clear coat.

But I have never seen a machined finished wheel repaired...especially through a mobile repair people.

Hmmmmm....

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3

My Cadillac dealership took care of it (I have the premium polished 18" aluminum rims) for about $50 a wheel plus $20 for clear coat....they usually have several guys who do this for a living (sub contractors) who they use all the time to repair rims on their used car lot. I'm sure if you contact your dealership, they could take care of this for you. Just be aware, that depending on the rash, if it extends beyond the rim edge to the facing of the wheel, it will have to be blended in and won't be absolutely perfect if you look real close.....but not noticeable at all if you are standing and looking at them. My two wheels look brand new again.... Pretty amazing!
    That is amazing!

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

i joined the curb rash club yesterday

driving through the parking lot at work, someone pulls out of his spot without checking for other cars. no time to brake, reflex reaction was to swerve around him. unfortunately, my rear wheel had not cleared the curb yet, so it kissed the concrete

J.

I have the 18in polished wheels. I had planned to get it fixed but decided not too as it's really not that bad. I have a buddy that fixes wheels for a living and said it would be a 30m job and look like new when done.

Quote Originally Posted by jph View Post
    i joined the curb rash club yesterday <----- I dont understand this face for what just happend, I'd be crying

driving through the parking lot at work, someone pulls out of his spot without checking for other cars. no time to brake, reflex reaction was to swerve around him. unfortunately, my rear wheel had not cleared the curb yet, so it kissed the concrete

J.

jph
    jph is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 RWD premium

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    i joined the curb rash club yesterday <----- I dont understand this face for what just happend, I'd be crying
    laughing at my own misfortune.
    yeah, i cussed out loud for about 5 minutes while driving after it happened... then i thought. screw it. they are stock wheels, i was going to get some custom ones ordered someday.

no matter how careful you are. reflex reactions are so hard to control.

J.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.