Canadian - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Canadian in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I don't qualify as a Canadian, but I did grow up nearby in Minnesota. I bought the Bridgestone Blizzaks for ...
    bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD
    I don't qualify as a Canadian, but I did grow up nearby in Minnesota. I bought the Bridgestone Blizzaks for around $1,600 off Tire Rack - wheels, tire sensors - ready to go on the car. Dealer had quoted me a much higher price, which surprised me as I thought they knew enough to be competitive. I did have some rear wheel slippage coming home in a cold rain. So waiting for the right time and torquing them on myself.

Squashdog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Canadian

I pick up my 2014 ATS 2.0T in 2 days. Although winter is coming, I want a week or 2 to drive on the stock all seasons. I will definitely get snows as I drive about 35000 km a year, pretty much all over southern Ontario. I'm still not sure if I will put them on the stock rims or buy a set of winter rims...lots of time to decide (I hope).

BTW, I will receive a $500 gift card from the Dealership when I take delivery of the car. Also, first month $0 payment.

If you see a guy in an ATS in Oshawa with a huge smile on his face....that's me!

same2you is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi Squashdog, what's is the gift card for/from? I just worked out a fairly decent deal on an ATS that we now have on order... I had to give up on the Conquest Cash and Student Discount because I used the Supplier Program (which still ended up being cheaper than I could negotiate). I do get the first month paid by GM, but have not heard/seen anything about a $500 gift card (although that may also be because of the supplier discount).

All - Winter is coming for sure now. We are only leasing this one for 2 years, so I'm going to try to make it through with the stock rubber. We ordered the 2.0T AWD, so I assume that the All Seasons will be somewhat ok? Can anyone comment otherwise... I really don't want to invest in a set of winters to only cover 2 seasons.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Maybe pick up some true winter rubber but select something at lower cost, lower mileage-life rating. Sure would be safer if you have to drive in whatever the weather throws at you... Unless you are retired or otherwise can chose when you venture out. I ran the stock 18s on AWD last winter for various reasons without any problem but just ordered full winter wheels and tires last week.

Same2you - I will update who the $500 is from when I pick it up tomorrow. Not sure if its the Dealer or Cadillac.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Ontario - two pile ups yesterday, a 15 and a 40....get winters.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

All seasons are great...until the first time you end up in a ditch because of 'em. For real winters get real winter tires .

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

I put on Goodyear Tripletreads. They seemed to work pretty good yesterday in a minor ice/snow situation. I'm in a good spot Cobourg Ontario don't normally get much snow. Running stock rims. Tripletreads work pretty good I may leave them on all year.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    The turbo is loving these negative temps. -9c

same2you is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't have any misconceptions about winter tires... I've used them for the past 20'ish years and swear by them... Hell, I even put them on my Range Rover which was like a tank on All-Seasons.

It's just the quick turnaround on a 2-year lease that has me hesitant this time around, and the fact that we have the damn run-flat situation (i.e. no spare tire) to deal with. The only thing that I was just thinking of is... to have the dealer buy the stock tires from me (same thing that I had my last dealership do, and I received 75% of the value back), and then put on a set of Nokian WRG3 RunFlats. The Nokian WRG's are a certified winter tire (have the mountain/snowflake), but they are also an all season tire that will not kill itself in the summer, but still perform well (just not as well as a summer perf tire... but lets face it... we are not driving on a racetrack in the summer, or racing people on twisty mountain roads).

I figure that the total spend should be down to less than $500 (much less than buying a set of run-flat winter tires, wheels, TPMS sensors) as long as the dealership is willing to make the swap and buy back the OEM rubber. My last dealership told me that they replace enough OEM tires each month that they can get rid of them very quickly... and that most of their customers jump at the opportunity to save 25% on a set of tires because they were driven for about 30km and removed once.

Quote Originally Posted by Squashdog View Post
    Same2you - I will update who the $500 is from when I pick it up tomorrow. Not sure if its the Dealer or Cadillac.
    Update: the $500 gift card was from the dealer. Told me to choose what ever I wanted...Gas, The Keg, Home Depot, Etc.

turbo_ats is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T 6-speed

I picked up my 2014 ATS in October. Never heard of this and have yet to see anything in the mail. I'm in Calgary AB.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_ats View Post
    I picked up my 2014 ATS in October. Never heard of this and have yet to see anything in the mail. I'm in Calgary AB.
    Perhaps it was an offer specific to my dealer...im in Oshawa, Ontario.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

I m in Montreal , in 3 days i will have my awd v6 performance , phantom gray , red interior
    Ancient Mariner likes this.

TanMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Black Diamond Tricoat

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_ats View Post
    Nice to see someone else from calgary on this forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.