CUE Update! - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Update! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by scsgoal31 I bring mine in on the 18th for the update. Please please please let me know ...
    JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Re: CUE Update!

Quote Originally Posted by scsgoal31 View Post
    I bring mine in on the 18th for the update. Please please please let me know what your dealer says about the creaking wheel. I wouldn't mind having some suggestions for them when I bring mine in. My creak seems to be getting worse (at least at start-up), but always dissipates once the vehicle warms up.
    I just spoke to my dealer and he said the Service Department found that it was the airbag coil that needs replacement. It'll take 3-5 days for the part to arrive. I've also heard from another member that he was told that it was a clocking spring in the steering column that needed replacement... Who knows?

I'll report more once the repair is all said and done with and look at the service write up.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Airbag coil and clock spring are the same thing ... just different terminology
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Airbag coil and clock spring are the same thing ... just different terminology
    Good to know! Thanks for clarifying!

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    So I took my ATS in this morning at 8am. I didn't get a loaner but the shuttle home and back was appreciated. They called me to pick up my car at approximately 4:30. I purposely dropped my car off this morning dirty & very much gas deprived. I left with a gift card, wash & a $50 gift card.

The updated CUE seems to work very well (but I was not dissatisfied with it originally). I haven't tested everything but it works well. A couple of the icons look different too.

Although I missed my car today, I appreciate that Cadillac is still working to make it a better car and the CUE a better system. This is my first car in the brand and I'm impressed.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Did they fill your gas tank or did they give you two gift cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeVic View Post
    So I took my ATS in this morning at 8am. I didn't get a loaner but the shuttle home and back was appreciated. They called me to pick up my car at approximately 4:30. I purposely dropped my car off this morning dirty & very much gas deprived. I left with a gift card, wash & a $50 gift card.

The updated CUE seems to work very well (but I was not dissatisfied with it originally). I haven't tested everything but it works well. A couple of the icons look different too.

Although I missed my car today, I appreciate that Cadillac is still working to make it a better car and the CUE a better system. This is my first car in the brand and I'm impressed.

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS
    Did they fill your gas tank or did they give you two gift cards?
    They filled up the tank.

chadillacATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium AWD

They filled up the tank.
    Lucky you. I took mine in last Tuesday for a glove box problem, and they ended up doing the CUE update. I left with a $50 gift card and a clean car but still close to E on the gas gauge.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

My dealer only has regular, so if you are using Premium, it might not be so great.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Mine was delivered with regular. When I get the update I will leave it with a full tank. I use 93 and E85 only.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

YankeeVic, thank you very much for the feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm pleased to hear you had a satisfying experience at your dealership and you're enjoying the CUE update.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Having just taken delivery on Saturday of a lot car, is there anyway to know if I have the update besides taking it in .

Is there some icon or something that differentiates it?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Having just taken delivery on Saturday of a lot car, is there anyway to know if I have the update besides taking it in .

Is there some icon or something that differentiates it?
    Hi Fraggy! Discussing the matter with the Infotainment Customer Support Group would be a great next step, and I located their contact information for you. Agents are available at 855-428-3669, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

drsketch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

My car was delivered to my work today, cue has been updated, they filled the tank up and gave me a gift card. Have yet to use CUE yet so time will tell.

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

Fraggy: a couple of things are different on the up-date that are immediately apparent: for one, when you close the driver's door, and before you start the car, the video display on both the touch screen and the DIC are now accompanied by a 'sound effect' (there was no sound before). And, the climate control symbol is now a snow-flake type of design; before it was a 'person' with air direction arrows. Hope this helps.

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

FYI..............Both updates were in my ATS (CUE w/ Nav) when built on Feb. 11.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Fraggy: a couple of things are different on the up-date that are immediately apparent: for one, when you close the driver's door, and before you start the car, the video display on both the touch screen and the DIC are now accompanied by a 'sound effect' (there was no sound before). And, the climate control symbol is now a snow-flake type of design; before it was a 'person' with air direction arrows. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.