CUE Update! - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Update! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I agree with you ewired. The ideal situation for me would be to receive notification of a text, use Eyes ...
    AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

Re: CUE Update!

I agree with you ewired. The ideal situation for me would be to receive notification of a text, use Eyes Free to call up Siri and have it read the text, and then dictate my reply. Hands free just as if I was talking to someone on the phone. What works for me at the moment is my Pebble watch notifies me of text messages coming in so I can see at a quick glance if it is important and if so then I just call the person.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

as far as I know pandora will only work on iOS when physically plugged in ... not sure why that is (probably an iOS limitation) but it works via bluetooth with android (from what i've been told)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

that is still correct with the CUE update. The iPhone must be plugged into usb for pandora to work, it does not support streaming.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS
    I agree with you ewired. The ideal situation for me would be to receive notification of a text, use Eyes Free to call up Siri and have it read the text, and then dictate my reply.
    Exactly! Right now I would just settle for the audio sounds set in my phone to broadcast over the audio. Then this way I could make the decision if I want to "stop" and fish out my phone. I don't per-say need to have text read to me as much as need audio notification of email/text. CADILLAC can you hear us?

jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just scheduled my update with my dealer for Monday morning after reading the recent comments on this thread. He looked up any outstanding bulletins against my VIN and found the CUE system update, the seat memory issue and something else. The list did not include the volume control issue sited in this thread that replaces the head unit, so that must only be associated with certain VINs. Anyway looking forward to getting my update!

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Just picked up the car with the update (it seems SO much better so far) and I walked out with the $50 gift card attached to my work order!.. It's a Cadillac branded Visa card with a nice pamphlet.
    He said he wasn't certain yet how they were handling the tank of gas (he mentioned maybe $60 limit) however it wasn't certain yet however he'd make sure that I get what's coming to me.

ATurboS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Mine has been in since 10AM, got a call saying it won't be ready until tomorrow. Good thing is they put me in a brand new Escalade.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    If they are replacing the head units, maybe it's a good time to ask if you could add Nav. I would be willing to pay the difference. I imagine it's a different head unit than the standard CUE.
    Check the CUE forum for specifics. From what I recall, the nav system has a separate gps receiver and coaxial cable that would be needed. Bert

YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    Quote Originally Posted by ATurboS
    Mine has been in since 10AM, got a call saying it won't be ready until tomorrow. Good thing is they put me in a brand new Escalade.
    Dropping my ATS off Friday morning. I'm excited about the CUE update and I wouldn't mind driving an Escalade for a day too. Maybe I'll get lucky.

ATurboS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just got my ATS back with the update. I never really had a problem with CUE except that it bothered me that I couldn't and still can't stream pandora over Bluetooth on my iPhone 5.

Overall feels like the response of the system are a lot better. I did not get a nrand new head unit. I had to re-pair my phone but that wasn't a big deal. Siri works great but you still have to pick up your phone to use her. Why it took 24 hours... Ill never know. I did not get a Gift Card or Full Tank of gas. Service Manager said he hadn't heard about that and I was like the 6th it 7th update since they rolled it out. He said he'd look into it and I'd get it if it was true.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT
    Got our letter today. Hope we get a nice loaner!!

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ATurboS View Post
    Just got my ATS back with the update. I never really had a problem with CUE except that it bothered me that I couldn't and still can't stream pandora over Bluetooth on my iPhone 5.

Overall feels like the response of the system are a lot better. I did not get a nrand new head unit. I had to re-pair my phone but that wasn't a big deal. Siri works great but you still have to pick up your phone to use her. Why it took 24 hours... Ill never know. I did not get a Gift Card or Full Tank of gas. Service Manager said he hadn't heard about that and I was like the 6th it 7th update since they rolled it out. He said he'd look into it and I'd get it if it was true.
    Got to wait for the letter.....that's the official notification (you guys went in early, which is ok) that spells out the gift card, etc.

JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Got to wait for the letter.....that's the official notification (you guys went in early, which is ok) that spells out the gift card, etc.
    I received the letter on Monday but there's no mention of a gift card or full tank of gas anywhere on it. Although my dealer has confirmed that I will get both.

With that said, mine is at the dealership today for the update along with taking a look at the creaky steering wheel, hard to shut driver side door, imprints in the leather seat extensions, and a rattle in the passenger seat! It'll probably be a few days before I get it back!

DavidL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Allanté, 2013 ATS4

Mine went in today for the CUE update; got an XTS for a loaner. Also am getting the gas and gift card.

scsgoal31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual - Performance

Quote Originally Posted by JChen View Post
    I received the letter on Monday but there's no mention of a gift card or full tank of gas anywhere on it. Although my dealer has confirmed that I will get both.

With that said, mine is at the dealership today for the update along with taking a look at the creaky steering wheel, hard to shut driver side door, imprints in the leather seat extensions, and a rattle in the passenger seat! It'll probably be a few days before I get it back!
    I bring mine in on the 18th for the update. Please please please let me know what your dealer says about the creaking wheel. I wouldn't mind having some suggestions for them when I bring mine in. My creak seems to be getting worse (at least at start-up), but always dissipates once the vehicle warms up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.