CUE Update! - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE Update! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by ewired It would absolutely suck if there was no update to the SMS feature or at least ...
    huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Re: CUE Update!

Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    It would absolutely suck if there was no update to the SMS feature or at least some type of notification that a text or email was received.

I hate the fact that the system silents the text/email from the phone and doesn't broadcast the incoming text/email sound thru the radio. I know it does if your playing music from the phone but it doesn't do it while in xm or radio.
    Where I live, it is illegal to check your text or email while driving. So what good is an alert? :-)

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by huna

Where I live, it is illegal to check your text or email while driving. So what good is an alert? :-)
    It's also illegal to speed or drive in a fun fashion. What's your point?
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by huna

Well geez I don't know....lets see....I have my text/ringtones all customized. So when I hear a particular sound I know what the text/call is about or from without looking at my phone. So if my home automation system alerts a camera or alarm trigger I know. If a customers system goes down, I receive text with system failure info.

As it stands now I have to keep my phone in the cup holder so I can actually see if I get an alert.

Good enough???

Well geez I don't know....lets see....I have my text/ringtones all customized. So when I hear a particular sound I know what the text/call is about or from without looking at my phone. So if my home automation system alerts a camera or alarm trigger I know. If a customers system goes down, I receive text with system failure info.

As it stands now I have to keep my phone in the cup holder so I can actually see if I get an alert.

Good enough???
    That sounds cool. I know a guy who set Darth Vader's Theme as the ringtone for his wife. She ended up calling him in close proximity and heard it and was not amused.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

If they are replacing the head units, maybe it's a good time to ask if you could add Nav. I would be willing to pay the difference. I imagine it's a different head unit than the standard CUE.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    If they are replacing the head units, maybe it's a good time to ask if you could add Nav. I would be willing to pay the difference. I imagine it's a different head unit than the standard CUE.
    It might not be a different part. The non-nav infotainment system already has the screen. Displaying maps and speaking directions would just be software. I doubt Nav needs more CPU power than the rest of the infotainment system so hardware wise it would come down to storage for the maps.

But even if the hardware is in place, what will ultimately stop dealers from doing an upgrade is intellectual property rights. Whoever supplies GM with the maps licenses them per vehicle sold with Nav. It would be illegal to add Nav (actually the maps) after sale unless there is a mechanism to obtain a license for the car.

Lots of people want to do this and have been told by their dealer its not possible. Dealers like making money; if there was a legitimate procedure to license the maps (i.e. upgrade to Nav) the dealers would be all over it. So I would give 100 to 1 odds the only way to upgrade to Nav would be an illegal hack to load stollen maps without paying for a license.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    It has something to do with volume raising on it's own, I've heard more common in the XTS, however maybe very early ATS builds also. My ATS didn't receive a new touch panel, and it's not on the list to get it either (I've also been built for a while, not sure the date anymore as I got held up with the manual bushing improvement snafu).

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

bungee91, just for clarification my ATS did receive the new touch panel as it was part of a service bulletin for my ATS (see my post above as to what was updated). One of the main reasons for the replacement as it states on the service bulletin that I asked the tech to give me a copy of is for the volume raising on it's own and/or sticking at maximum. It may be based upon VIN# so it's possible not every ATS will receive this service bulletin, but mine did and I had purchased and picked up the car in October so it was only about 1 month after the cars started showing up on dealer lots. Not sure if new builds will also get that replacement.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by huna View Post
    The original thought was the sms feature would alert you to a text message and then PLAY that message for you. Hands free, no looking off the road, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    The original thought was the sms feature would alert you to a text message and then PLAY that message for you. Hands free, no looking off the road, etc.
    If it would read you the message, that would rock. Except when my kids are in the car and my buddies send me something inappropriate.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

In regards to SMS, did you go through the menu system to make sure that you do not have to turn that feature on? Maybe in the phone menu?

It would absolutely suck if there was no update to the SMS feature or at least some type of notification that a text or email was received.

I hate the fact that the system silents the text/email from the phone and doesn't broadcast the incoming text/email sound thru the radio. I know it does if your playing music from the phone but it doesn't do it while in xm or radio.
    This is one of my biggest gripes with CUE. Once that phone connects via bluetooth or if it is even plugged in to the USB you will not hear any alerts unless you're listening to music from the phone or unless it is a phone call.

Heck if it would let SIRI read me my message which Siri already does, that would rock. Prior to the update, you can't let Siri do its job and read you the text. Now from what I've read on other threads is that SiRi is working but to what extent I do not know.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

Yes, every function of SIRI works with the new CUE update. You can check your text messages, reply, etc. The only thing I don't see is a way to initiate SIRI from the screen or steering wheel controls which would be great (it does not appear that they have incorporated Eyes Free yet, I tried holding the voice prompt button for a few seconds, double-tapping, etc.), you have to still press and hold the iPhone home button to initiate SIRI or raise the phone to your ear if that option is turned on, but once that is done you are connected.

One possibility I am checking into (anyone here done this yet?), is jailbreaking one of my iPhones and installing Hands Free. Apparently this app keeps the microphone on and listens for the word 'Siri' and launches it automatically. Would be interesting to see how this works with CUE, but potentially that would get around having to physically press the home button each time you want to use Siri. There is also another app (also required jailbreaking) that controls Spotify with SIRI. Put these two together, and assuming all of the planets are aligned correctly , it could be possible to just say what artist/song/playlist in Spotify you want to play - at least until hopefully someday Cadillac comes out with a Spotify app. Just a thought.

Well this is somewhat good news. But still doesn't solve the lack of notification of arriving text. If you have your phone in the "safe" or in the armrest console, you have no way of knowing of when a text arrives without looking at the phone. I know it's petty but I just hate stepping back in technology when "upgrading" vehicle brands.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS View Post
    bungee91, just for clarification my ATS did receive the new touch panel as it was part of a service bulletin for my ATS (see my post above as to what was updated). One of the main reasons for the replacement as it states on the service bulletin that I asked the tech to give me a copy of is for the volume raising on it's own and/or sticking at maximum. It may be based upon VIN# so it's possible not every ATS will receive this service bulletin, but mine did and I had purchased and picked up the car in October so it was only about 1 month after the cars started showing up on dealer lots. Not sure if new builds will also get that replacement.
    Yes I'm aware, and read your entire post (thanks for the informative info BTW!). I've never had an issue with the volume sticking, or raising on it's own, which is good. My dealer just called and my car is done, however there was no bulletin for my VIN that required replacement of any hardware (I even asked specifically). You purchased in October, and so your build date was probably before mine. I ordered in mid to late September, however I didn't receive delivery until the end of November. I'm glad that yours is fixed, and I wish you well with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how much better it performs (fingers crossed on a trouble free Pandora Bluetooth experience!).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.